[PONTIANAK] Kwe Kia Theng, Pisang Goreng Four V & Rumah Makan 89 at Gajah Mada Pontianak

October 6th, 2017. When in Pontianak, we explored Gajah Mada street for culinary journey.


**********


Kwe Kia Theng is a local street food from Tio Ciu. It's easy to find Kwe Kia Theng in Pontianak. And they said the popular one was the one at Gajah Mada street. So, that night I visited Gajah Mada street to find good food, and of course, searched for the famous Kwe Kia Theng.


IMG_6304


Kwe Kia Theng is rice noodle in soya sauce soup with pork and egg and everything else. It's like kwetiau, but thinner and wider. Well, I didn't really like the taste. Maybe because I'm not used to eat that.


IMG_6293 IMG_6294 IMG_6295 IMG_6296 IMG_6297 IMG_6298


Kwe Kia Theng


IMG_6299 IMG_6300 IMG_6301 IMG_6302 IMG_6303


Kwe Kia Theng
Jl. Gajah Mada No.55
Pontianak, Kalimantan


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Fried Bananas are a very popular snacks and street food in Pontianak, and also everywhere. But, when I was in Gajah Mada street, I saw this Pisang Goreng Four V, so I bought it.


IMG_6308


Fried banana fritters with srikaya was their signature. You can ask them to cut the fried banana into pieces or not.


IMG_6309 IMG_6305 IMG_6306 IMG_6307


Pisang Goreng Four V
Jl. Gajah Mada
Pontianak, Kalimantan


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


After snacking, I still had to eat rice. So, I stopped by the very near restaurant that serving Nasi Kari and Nasi Ayam. Rumah Makan 89. I remember that I was there the previous time I went to Pontianak.


IMG_6316


I didn't stay there to eat. Just had the Nasi Kari for take-away. I wanted to eat Nasi Ayam but I was too full. So, I just ordered the Nasi Kari.


IMG_6314 IMG_6315 IMG_6311 IMG_6312 IMG_6313


Nasi Kari


This Nasi Kari wasn't like Indian curry or Japanese curry. It's like my Mom's homemade curry. I think it's Chinese version hahaha. They put pork and chicken and everything else. Delicious! Recommended! And I'm drooling now!


IMG_6310


Rumah Makan 89
Jl. Gajah Mada
Pontianak, Kalimantan
Phone: +62 812-5712-8491

Comments

Popular Posts