[SINGAPORE] Tarte by Cheryl Koh at Shaw Centre Scotts Rd Singapore

September 26th, 2017. When in Singapore, I met Nicholas Tan @stormscape. OMG OMG OMG! I admired him so much. He's very nice, and after our Takashimaya's journey, he took me to Tarte by Cheryl Koh. Yaaaay.


IMG_5829


One of life’s greatest gastronomic indulgences can be found at Tarte by Cheryl Koh, a spin-off by the Les Amis Group with Les Amis restaurant’s pastry chef Cheryl Koh, which opened in April 2015. In a span of a year, Chef Cheryl was awarded ‘Asia’s Best Pastry Chef’ in the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants awards in 2016.


Located in Shaw Centre, Tarte side by side with Caveau Bar. We can take away the cake or sitting at Caveau Bar, kinda obtaining their tables, and order drinks. Tarte itself is a petite cakeshop with lovely frames on the wall. Tarte by Cheryl Koh is the Les Amis group’s pâtisserie in Singapore. I wonder if they will come to Indonesia. Hmmm..


IMG_5837 IMG_5835 IMG_5838 IMG_5834 IMG_5836 IMG_5833 IMG_5831 IMG_5830 IMG_5832


Earl Grey Tea Latte $ 6.00


It was Nicholas' order, and I didn't try it. But Nicholas said it's good.


IMG_5839


Latte $ 5.50


My latte. Better latte than never hahaha. Love the latte art. Beautiful. Tasted mild with milky texture. Just perfect for my taste bud. Served in big cup, I was very satisfied with the size and the flavour LOL.


IMG_5842


Ardèche Chestnut $ 10.00


Ardèche Chestnut with vanilla cream and dark rum


Nicholas chose this one. It was sooooooo delicious. The chestnut mixed perfectly with the vanilla cream and dark rum. Ardèche is the largest chestnut-producing department in France, with nearly 5,000 tonnes a year. I just found out about the chestnut. Cool! I think everybody loves chestnut. Actually they can put an addition of dark rum to the tart. I prefer more. LOL. The texture of the tart was priceless. Perfect.


IMG_5841


Lemon Meringue $ 10.00


Fresh lemon curd topped with meringue


I chose this one. Love the sweet and sour flavour in this tart. Well, I always loved lemon meringue in everything. Cake, tart, pie, everything. This cripsy base tart is bursting with fresh lemon taste and a sweet, creamy fluffy meringue on top. It was to die for.


IMG_5840


Thank Nicholas for taking me there. Great job Tarte!


Tarte by Cheryl Koh
1 Scotts Rd
#01-12 Shaw Centre
Singapura 228208
Phone: +65 6235 3225
IG: @tartebycherylkoh

Comments

Popular Posts