[NEW MENU] Rock Paper Scissors at The East Tower Mega Kuningan Jakarta

December 13th, 2017. I got the invitation and could bring friends, so I asked Aline and Cindy to come with me. I arrived at Rock Paper Scissors around 10:30am. They were still closed, but they allowed me to sit there. After that, at 11am, I ordered coffee and brownies. Pssst, the brownies was addicting. Then Aline and Cindy came. We waited for Adel to come. Around 12:30pm finally we could start our foodtasting for new menus there.


IMG_8984


Enoki Fries 55k


Deep fried Enoki with Mentaiko Mayonnaise


Azka almost ate them all hahahaha. He loved it. When I tried it, I knew why Azka loved it. It was delicious. Crispy and crunchy with savoury flavour. Dip it into the mentaiko mayonnaise. Really enhanced the flavour of the enoki fries.


IMG_8964 IMG_8965


Miso Corn Potage 75k


Miso Butter Creamy corn soup & Chili oil


My favourite! Couldn't stop slurping it. The miso butter was mild and sweet. The corn was creamy. Tasted so delicious I wanted to lick the bowl until it was clean.


IMG_8967 IMG_8971 IMG_8972 IMG_8973 IMG_8974


Deep Fried Cauliflower with Truffle Black Sesame Dressing 95k


Nutty & Bitter Black Sesame Dressing with Truffle


Love the black sesame. It was indeed nutty and bitter. And surprisingly I loved the cauliflower. It was crunchy and not hard like the usual cauliflower. I didn't feel like I was eating vegetables hahaha. The truffle wasn't very strong, but not a problem, since the black sesame dressing overpowered the flavour, in a very good way.


IMG_8970 IMG_8969


French Toast, Sudachi & Matcha 109k


French toast served with sudachi curd, matcha soil and vanilla ice cream


This one wasn't my favourite, although the sudachi curd was amazing. It was like yuzu. They share a similar mandarin-ichang papeda ancestry, though yuzu eventually ripen to an orange colour, and there are subtle differences between the flavours of the fruit. The vanilla ice cream was really sweet. I think it was better without the ice cream, or they could replace it with a milder flavour of ice cream. But the french toast was in a perfect texture.


Sudachi (Citrus sudachi; Japanese: スダチ or 酢橘) is a small, round, green, Peruvian and Japanese citrus fruit that is a specialty of Piura in Peru and Tokushima Prefecture in Japan. It is a sour citrus, not eaten as fruit, but used as food flavoring in place of lemon or lime.


IMG_8980 IMG_8981


Katsu Curried Fried Chicken Sandwich 85k


Curried marinated Chicken with Curry Sauce and Slaw


I didn't know the taste of this one when I tried. But, one bite, I knew right away it was curry flavour. Ugh, not my favourite. Sorry. Too strong for me hahaha.


IMG_8975 IMG_8976


Maccheroni Gratin 92k


Maccheroni in Pink Sauce with Mushrooms & Spinach with Mozzarella on Top


Another favourite. The creamy texture was overwhelming. And you know that everything with mozzarella on top was always delicious, right? The texture of the maccheroni was supreme. Just perfect for me. Mushrooms and spinach gave a divine addition to the dish. Psst the pink sauce was tomato and cream. It was delicious.


IMG_8978 IMG_8979


Black Sesame 120k


Black sesame Ice Cream, Sudachi Curd, Black Sesame Spongecake


Love the combination of the black sesame ice cream, sudachi curd and black sesame spongecake. They complimented each other flavour. But, the spongecake was too light for me. I prefer they put more thick spongecake hahahaha.. The black sesame ice cream was hellacious. And to put sudachi curd in this dessert, was genius! Super love!


IMG_8986 IMG_8987


Thank you Rock Paper Scissors and Chef Lisca for those delicious new menus. And thanks again Adel for inviting us. See you at another event.


Rock Paper Scissors
The East Tower
Ground Floor Unit 08 A-C
Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan
Kuningan, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 29527101
IG: @rockpaperscrs

Comments

Popular Posts