[CLOSED] New Menu at Potato Head Jakarta

March 2nd, 2018. My first time to Potato Head Jakarta. LOL. Established in 2009, Potato Head Jakarta is the first Potato Head establishment. They have other establishments in Bali, Singapore and Hong Kong. Ok, back to Potato Head Jakarta. It's a lovely place, indeed. I love their ambiance. Not casual but not intimidating also. I came first. I waited for Cindy, Aline and Cindy there. Yes, 2 Cindys. Confusing, right?

IMG_2343

Located in the facade of Pacific Place, it's easy to find Potato Head. If using online car, ask them to drop you in the west lobby. They are in the right area before you go to the lobby. You can go from inside Pacific Place. Just find Bell & Ross, go directly to the toilet, then you will find the side door to Potato Head. Anyway, I was amazed with their ambiance. They have 3 areas. The outdoor (they called it Tropical Garden), the indoor, and the mezzanine area. But all three smoking areas, so yeah better no kids. Well, it's perfect for a business lunch, cocktail or casual dinner. Below I will share photos of the garden and indoor area. I didn't go to the mezzanine level, so sorry, no photos about the level. :)


Tropical Garden


Bringing in a natural feel to the middle of the bustling capital, Potato Head Jakarta’s tropical garden is comprised of a floor-to-ceiling living wall and a leafy open-air patio. Enjoy all of Potato Head Jakarta’s stellar food and beverage options in this outdoor oasis located in the middle of the city’s business district.

IMG_2340 IMG_2358 IMG_2337 IMG_2339 IMG_2338 IMG_2341 IMG_2348 IMG_2342 IMG_2347 IMG_2346


Indoor Area


IMG_2352 IMG_2353 IMG_2350 IMG_2356 IMG_2354 IMG_2355 IMG_2351 IMG_2349 IMG_2357


STARTERS


Escargot 90k

Baked bourguignon style, mushroom duxelles serve with French toast

Escargot is a cooked land snails, a French delicacy. And, this escargot at Potato Head is one of the best escargot I've ever tried. Well, I rarely eat escargot, true. But, I know when I had a delicious one. It's buttery with perfect texture. Tender texture and garlicky flavor. I coulnd't stop eating the garlic sauce. Recommended starter.

IMG_2364 IMG_2365 IMG_2366


SOUP


Seafood Soup 95k

Seared sea bass, calamari, clam and prawn in crustacean stock served with focaccia crouton

They served the seafood soup in a small bowl, because the real portion is for sharing. :) Love the flavour of the soup. Sweet and sour, just like a tom yam soup, minus the spiciness. Fish, calamari, clam and prawn were swimming in this flavourful broth. Taste of the ocean.

IMG_2359 IMG_2360 IMG_2363


PASTA AND RISOTTO


Homemade Squid Ink Angel Hair Pasta 140k

Crab, calamari, fennel bulb with butter sauce

IMG_2367 IMG_2373 IMG_2370

Prawn Rigatoni 140k

Orange Marinated Prawn, zucchini, cream, served in pink tomato sauce

IMG_2368 IMG_2374


For pasta dishes, they served us 2 kinds of pasta. Angel Hair and Rigatoni.
I loved them both but I prefer the angel hair than the rigatoni.
Why? Because I love butter sauce than tomato sauce.
But, they made a delicious tomato sauce. I think it's one of the best.
Not every place made a delightful tomato sauce for their pasta.
Loved the texture also. I never liked al dente texture on my pasta.
These ones were in a better texture. Perfect to my taste bud.
Love the prawn. Juicy and crunchy.

LARGER PLATES


Pan Fried Snapper with Sambal Matah 220k

Sauteed seasonal vegetable

IMG_2375 IMG_2376

Crispy Orange Glazed Chicken 140k

Fried Chicken, orange reduction and hot chilli sauce with butter rice

IMG_2378

Beef Tenderloin 385k

210gr Australian tenderloin young steer, roasted baby vegetables, mashed potatoes, choice of mushroom sauce, bbq sauce or cafe de Paris

IMG_2381 IMG_2383


They served 3 main courses. They called it larger plates.
Pan Fried Snapper, Crispy Chicken and Beef Tenderloin.
My favourite was beef tenderloin. Tender and juicy.
We chose Medium cooked, and you can see on my photo.
The pink colour and the sexy texture! OMG!
Served with delightful mashed potatoes. Also my favourite.
And turned out that I didn't wanna share my 210gr beef tenderloin hahaha..
The Pan Fried Snapper was delicious, but very spicy for me.
So, I allowed them to finished it without my killer eyes. LOL.
The Crispy Orange Glazed Chicken was very aromatic.
When it came to our table, I wanted to eat it right away.
They served it with rice. Butter rice. Come on!! Super sexy!

DESSERTS


Toffee Date Pudding 75k

Poached pear, vanilla ice cream, toffee sauce

IMG_2384 IMG_2385

Fried Banana Coconut Nectar 65k

Pontianak-style fried banana, grated cheese, coconut nectar sauce

IMG_2386


I thought I wouldn't like the Fried Banana.
I didn't really like when they made fried banana with the crumbly skin.
But when I tried a bite, I fell in love.
The crumbly skin wasn't hard and flavourless.
It was crispy crunchy soft texture with delicious flavour.
It was super gewd!
The Toffee Date Pudding was good. But not as good as the fried banana.
Moist texture with sweet flavour.

Great job Potato Head for the new menus. All delicious!! Kudos to the Chef!

Potato Head Jakarta
Pacific Place GF floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No.52-53
SCBD, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 57973322
IG: @potatoheadjkt

Comments

Popular Posts