Eastern Opulence at Cipaku I Wijaya Dharmawangsa Jakarta

March 23rd, 2018. It's been a while since Eastern Opulence invited me to come to their place. I was very busy at the time, but I think, better visit them before I go to Japan. So, when they asked me (for a million times hahaha) that morning, I said, "How about today's lunch?" And they said, "Yes!" So, I went there that at that super bright day, taking my foodie-friends to keep me company. Yaaaay.


IMG_3207


Eastern Opulence is situated in the prestigious neighbourhood of Jalan Wijaya, Kebayoran Baru. From the moment the doors opened for the public on the late of 2017, Eastern Opulence has received appreciations and recognition from important and powerful figures and also the medias. Eastern Opulence treasures the complexity of Indonesian cultures which is composed by multiple ethnicity and regions through its culinary experience. The kitchen is filled with passionate professionals originating from different regions of Indonesia and ethnicity. Each bringing his knowledge about the best culinary recipe from his origin into the team. These men have dedicated many decades of their lives in the kitchen to pursue their life long dream of culinary perfection.


When I saw their facade, I totally understand why people said, "Must be very expensive!" Anyway I love their parking area. Quite big *very important* LOL. When I came inside, I forgot about the intimidating feeling I had outside. Well, it still felt expensive, but the homey feeling came later. They put amazing things there. You can see an old piano in the corner. Marble floors and beautiful chandeliers. Love the high ceiling and the grand staircase. I felt like in a princess' house. They have 3 levels. The first floor: beautiful dining tables. The second floor: small outdoor area and VIP rooms. The third floor: a glass house with a bar and balcony garden. 3 levels with 3 different themes. And all beautiful in their own ways. I won't talk much about the place. Just see my photos below.


IMG_3116 IMG_3115 IMG_3113 IMG_3122 IMG_3123 IMG_3127 IMG_3124 IMG_3118 IMG_3120 IMG_3126 IMG_3125 IMG_3129 IMG_3128 IMG_3165 IMG_3166 IMG_3146 IMG_3121 IMG_3145 IMG_3144


The small outdoor on level 2. It was a very nice place. Good for photos too.


IMG_3131 IMG_3132 IMG_3133 IMG_3134


The VIP rooms named after gemstones: Amethyst, Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire. Love the combination of the colours, in each room.


IMG_3135 IMG_3136 IMG_3137 IMG_3139 IMG_3138 IMG_3130


Level 3 for glass house and rooftop area. Very beautiful and comfortable. I think they designate the floor for smoking area too. But, it's very lovely to have small event, like gathering, engagement party, after party, small wedding party, something like that.


IMG_3140 IMG_3142 IMG_3141 IMG_3143 IMG_3216


Now let's talking about the food.. yaaaaay!!


Cafe Latte 38k


It was good. At first, I was skeptical about the coffee. Not every restaurant can serve a good coffee. But, the owner said that their coffee is good. So well yeah I gave it a try. And I couldn't agree more with him. LOL. Their coffee is totally recommended!


IMG_3164


Ice Tea Tok' 35k


Quite pricey for 35k but they served it in a big glass. So.. yeah, that's fine haha..


IMG_3148


Nasi Merah 17k


IMG_3158


Nasi Pandan Hijau 19k


IMG_3160


Bebek Asap Raden Wijaya 159k


Half of a fat duck cooked in cendana-wood smoke for 6 hours on lava stones. Served with 3 kinds of chilli and shrimp crackers on the side.


The duck tasted super gewd, but I think they need to make it more tender. It was big portion, indeed. But, I prefer a tender meat of duck. Well, some people maybe loved the crispy crunchy duck, but not me. LOL. So, it's all about taste bud. Fyi, the hoisin sauce was delicious! PS: I never liked hoisin sauce. Definitely will try their other duck dishes.


IMG_3149 IMG_3150


Gurame Rujak Mangga Muda 50k/ons


Fried Gurame fish, topped with freshly cut mango, pineapple & radish, then drizzled with rujak sauce.


Didn't try this one. Yeah, rite, look at that chilli. Well, actually I never liked rujak. I still don't know why everybody loves rujak. Hahaha. It's sour and spicy, not a very good combination. LOL My friends told me that this one was good. So, if you like rujak and gurame fish, maybe you should try this one, too.


IMG_3161 IMG_3162


Kepiting Soka Bumbu Kacang 159k


Caramalised crispy fried soft shell crab covered in home made peanut sauce.


Love the tender crunchy soft shell crab. And it was the first time I ate soft shell crab with peanut sauce. It was completely blew my mind. Well, I always like everything with peanut sauce. Actually, I love peanut butter. So, peanut sauce.. yeah.. a little bit similar.. hahaha.. And the rose petals on top of this one? Super love. They know how to make a dish more beautiful.. with rose petals, of course.


IMG_3153 IMG_3154


Tahu Negeri Jiran 69k


Fried silken tofu covered in nori, shimeji mushroom and kailan, then poured with Malaysian style sauce.


Always love super tender silky tofu. The sauce was delicious with thick texture. Again, with rose petals, made it prettier. I was happy that I ordered this one. My friends loved it too. Good job, Chef. It's a simple menu, but recommended.


IMG_3155 IMG_3157


Gyutan Cabe Hijau 129k


Imported Beef Tongue slow cooked for 12 hours, then stir fried with abundant amount of green chilli.


When they served this one on our table, I was like, "No way! Not my taste bud. It must be super spicy." Turned out, I could take the spiciness. Not too spicy, just a little bit spicy with delicious gyutan. Tender and juicy. Very recommended. Must-try-dish.


IMG_3151 IMG_3152


Es Campur Sari 45k


Not really special. Just like any other "es campur." Small portion, also.


IMG_3163


Thank you Eastern Opulence for the hospitality and delicious food.


Eastern Opulence
Jl. Cipaku I No.85
Senopati, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 27081258
IG: @easternopulence

Comments

Popular Posts