Mother Monster at Plaza Indonesia Thamrin Jakarta

April 8th, 2018. I heard about Mother Monster from the owner's boyfriend. He told me about the upcoming place in Plaza Indonesia. I was excited but at the time it was opened, I couldn't come. So I just let everybody came first hahahahaha..


IMG_5143


Finally, after my trip to Japan, I came home and asked my hubby to take me there on the following day. It was such a nice place. They have 3 areas. The facade, then the dining area with a bar, and the semi outdoor area on the backside. Lovely with different themes. My complaint was only one, when one of the server was standing in front of me and staring at me *yes, memandang dengan tatapan kosong* while I was eating. Well, he meant nothing, but I was annoyed. I asked him, "Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something wrong with my face?" Then, he looked at the other way, and never did that again. Fhiuuuuh..


IMG_5144 IMG_5145 IMG_5148 IMG_5146 IMG_5159 IMG_5150 IMG_5151 IMG_5155 IMG_5152 IMG_5147 IMG_5149 IMG_5153 IMG_5154 IMG_5156


Flavoured Iced Tea: lemon 40k


IMG_5158


Cafe Latte 45k


Coffee by Common Grounds. Whoaaaa.. Definitely a good one. Love CG coffee. Asked for no strong latte, for sure. And it was really giving me a good mood. Light texture with mild flavour. A keeper!


IMG_5157


Gone With the Carb 95k


pork/beef bacon, bucatini, carbonara, sous vide egg


We were looking for something with pork. So when I saw on the menu about the pork bacon, it was an absolute choice. And I love the texture of the bucatini. Oh my oh my. It's my first time trying bucatini. At first, I thought it's spaghetti. Too many similar  type of pasta LOL. Love the runny sous vide egg. Creamy carbonara sauce enhanced the richness of the dish. Recommended!


Bucatini, also known as perciatelli, is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole running through the center. The name comes from Italian: buco, meaning "hole", while bucato or its Neapolitan variant perciato means "pierced".


IMG_5166 IMG_5169


Monster Double Decker 135k


160gr smashed double beef burger, double red cheddar, confit garlic aioli, caramelised onion, lettuce, tomato, fried egg


We tried this one since its name was Monster. So, yeah, when you eat in a Mother Monster, you should try their monster, right? LOL. The presentation was wonderful. Love how the beef patty got along together with the sunny side up. The colour of tomato and lettuce, enhanced the beautiful of the dish. Even though we didn't eat them hahaha. Yup, hubby never liked tomato and he hated cucumber. But he loved this monster double decker. Bring out the monster in him hahaha..


IMG_5162 IMG_5163 IMG_5165 IMG_5167


Congratulations Mother Monster for opening and thank you for delicious food.


Mother Monster
Plaza Indonesia Level 1
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Menteng, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 29921939
IG: @listentoyourmonster

Comments

Popular Posts