Lalla Restaurant at Capital Place Gatot Subroto Jakarta

January 30th, 2018. Visiting a new place was always a challenge for me. Was it comfortable? Was it nice? What about the food? Were the people friendly? But, before I came, I spent some time to visit their IG account. When I saw Lalla IG account, I fell in love right away. *thanks Rosie* So beautiful. By the way, they chose Lalla as the name of the restaurant because Lalla sounded very latin and catchy.


IMG_0971


I asked Aline to keep me company. And she said yes. Great! So we came to the place with a very high expectation. And we were satisfied. OMG. The place is very beautiful. It's a high ceiling place with a big tree in the middle. Then, I saw the most beautiful things there. Displays on the wall. Wow. It's really a wow. The things that they put on the ceiling were also beautiful. Kudos to the design interior!


IMG_0972 IMG_0973 IMG_0979 IMG_0981 IMG_0982 IMG_0988 IMG_0994 IMG_0993 IMG_0983 IMG_0987 IMG_9953 IMG_0975 IMG_0978 IMG_0985 IMG_0986 IMG_0976 IMG_0984


Mango Slush 55k


Pokcoy, Basil, Mango juice, Passion Syrup, Fresh Pulp


Before Aline came, I wanted to order this one. The name mango caught me right away. But when I saw the "pokcoy" word, I changed my mind. But then Aline ordered this one hahaha. So, yeah, I gave it a try. And it was surprisingly quite good. The sweet and sour flavours were complimenting each other.


IMG_1009


Lady Rossel 55k


Passion Puree, Rose Syrup, Freshly Lime, Rosella Tea


A combination of sweet, sour and fresh. Love the presentation. Red colour on top and passion puree as the layer below. Very pretty. Tasted so good. A very thirst-quenching drink. Recommended!


IMG_0989 IMG_0991 IMG_0992


Croqueta 90k


beef 'cabeza' - manchego - chipotle


The dish consists of 5 pieces of croqueta. And it was dabomb! And they used the beef cheeks for the filling. The firm and compact consistency with a buttery texture from the manchego, enhanced the delicious flavour of the croqueta. Well, Aline and I agreed that it was one of the best croqueta in the world, so far. *hyperbole* Hihihi..


Manchego (officially Spanish: queso manchego, pronounced [ˈkeso maɲˈtʃeɣo]) is a cheese made in the La Mancha region of Spain from the milk of sheep of the manchega breed. Official manchego cheese is to be aged for between 60 days and two years.


IMG_0996 IMG_0997 IMG_1011


Wagyu Striploin 265k


patatas bravas - bone marrow - beetrot - dashi - radish


Since Aline didn't eat pork *I have to make her eat pork! hahaha* they served wagyu for us. And it was super gewd! Tender and juicy texture, with a memorable rich flavour. Richly marbled, beautifully defined grain with a satisfying bite. Served with papatas bravas, bone marrow and everything else, Aline had to share it with me! And the first thing that I did to the dish was stealing the bone marrow hahaha. OMG! Those fat!


Patatas bravas (Spanish: [paˈtatas ˈbɾaβas]), also called patatas a la brava or papas bravas, is a dish native to Spain, often served as a tapa in bars. It typically consists of white potatoes that have been cut into irregular shapes of about 2 centimeters, then fried in oil and served warm with a sauce such as a spicy tomato sauce or an aioli.


IMG_0999 IMG_1000 IMG_1001 IMG_1002


Pork Ribs 275k


maseca - house miso mustard - brussel sprouts - chorizo


Since Aline didn't eat pork *dejavu enough? LOL* I ate this one big portion of pork ribs, all by myself. It was big, with 7 or 8 bones? I totally forgot to count hahaha.. The texture was amazing. It was fall-off-the-bone tender. The house miso mustard was overwhelming. Well-seasoned with glazy texture. It was truly a finger-lickin' good dish. The chorizo was also a good starter before I finished the pork ribs up. It was definitely one of the best pork ribs, so far!


IMG_1003 IMG_1004


Congratulations Lalla for the opening. Cannot wait to be back again!


Lalla
Capital Place
Jl. Gatot Subroto Kav 18
Kuningan, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 27933287
IG: @lallajkt

Comments

Popular Posts