Zenraku - Dashi Chazuke at Grand Indonesia West Mall Thamrin Jakarta

January 20th, 2018. Early December, I saw their announcement in front of the place that they will open soon. Last week, I got the invitation to go there. But, as usual, I totally forgot to reply the email, and totally forgot to come to their 1st day opening *sigh* When I saw that people posted about the event, I was like, "OMG!" and searched the email, and in a flash, sent an apology mail. *so sorry huhuhuhu* Lucky me, she was a very very nice person. She allowed me to come at any time convenient for me. So yesterday, I came to Zenraku - Dashi Chazuke with my hubby. Hooray.


IMG_0469


Coming from the same people who brought you Yamatoten Abura Soba, Zenraku Dashi Chazuke offers a selection of dashi chazuke. What is dashi chazuke? Dashi (出汁, だし) is a class of soup and cooking stock used in Japanese cuisine. Dashi forms the base for miso soup, clear broth, noodle broth, and many kinds of simmering liquid. It is also mixed into flour base of some grilled foods like okonomiyaki and takoyaki. Chazuke (茶漬け, ちゃづけ) or ochazuke (お茶漬け, from (o)cha 'tea' + tsuke 'submerge') is a simple Japanese dish made by pouring green tea, dashi, or hot water over cooked rice. So it means a simple dish made by pouring an umami soup stock over cooked rice. How to eat the food? First, have a bite of the rice and the topping without the dashi. Next, pour the dashi to the rice and enjoy everything while it’s still hot. Actually, I tried Ochazuke before when I came to Bandung last year. So, I was quite familiar with the dish.


IMG_0480 IMG_0481 IMG_0483 IMG_0485 IMG_0478 IMG_0484  IMG_0476 IMG_0477 IMG_0473 IMG_0471 IMG_0472 IMG_0479 IMG_0470 IMG_0482


Poke Tuna Sashimi Yuzu Kosho 42k


The tender texture and amazing flavour from the yuzu kosho. What is Yuzu Kosho? It's a Japanese paste easily made from combining yuzu, chiles, and salt, and drops a flavor bomb on everything it touches. It was really a perfect starter before the umami dashi chazuke.


IMG_0490


Korokke 15k


A thick korokke. Yaaaay. I ordered only one portion, so I guess, I should sharing it with hubby. And he loved it. He said, it was really good. Tasted so good. Korokke is a Japanese Croquette. It was potato cakes coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried. Really delicious! Crunchy outside, fluffy and a little bit sweet inside.


IMG_0488


Salmon Dashi Chazuke 68k


Rice. Aburi Salmon. Spring Onions. Mitsuba Leaves. Sliced Nori. Served with Dashi Soup, pickles & wasabi.


A bowl of rice with aburi salmon and some ingredients. Pour the dashi soup and enjoy a delicious bowl of happiness. Hahaha. But, it's true. I was happy when I saw my happy hubby eating this salmon dashi chazuke. At first, he told me that he wasn't hungry. So I guess, he just ate it a little portion, and I had to finish the rest of the dish, right? Turned out, he finished them all. LOL. He loved it!


IMG_0491 IMG_0494 IMG_0496


Unagi Dashi Chazuke 68k


Rice. Teriyaki Unagi. Sliced Tamago. Edamame. Spring Onions. Served with Dashi Soup, pickles and wasabi.


I love unagi. Always ordered unagi when I had a chance. So when I saw in the menu that they served unagi dashi chazuke, I didn't wait to long to order it right away. "Unagi!" I screamed. LOL. Well, sometimes I forgot that I'm in a public area. Hahaha. Anyway, I prefer the unagi than the salmon. Well, yeah, they needed to add more unagi in the bowl, I agree. *big grin* The umami flavour from the dashi soup, combined with the umami taste from the unagi. Superb!


IMG_0497 IMG_0499 IMG_0501


Congratulations Zenraku for the opening! Definitely one place that will keep me coming back and again and again.


Zenraku - Dashi Chazuke
Grand Indonesia West Mall LG Floor
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1,
Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 23580486
IG: @zenraku.id

Comments

Popular Posts