Beets and Bouts with Kala Coffee and Kuma Living at Oakwood Mega Kuningan Jakarta

January 19th, 2018. All of a sudden, my sister sent me IG story from her friend. It said that a new coffee shop opened in Kuningan area. Curiously, I visited the place and voila.. Kala Coffee opened with Kuma Living in Beets and Bouts at Oakwood, Mega Kuningan area.


IMG_0435


Great thing about the day, they had this promotion "Pay as you like." Woohoo. We came there to enjoy the coffee, for sure. Turned out, they were like a collaboration spaces. So in one space, they have 3 brands, and they supported each other. Beets and Bouts: famous for its healthy food. Kala Coffee: a new brand coffee shop in Jakarta. Kuma Living: for the beautiful plants. Such a great collaboration, right? The place is very beautiful. Warm and homey.


IMG_0436 IMG_0448 IMG_0449 IMG_0441 IMG_0443 IMG_0444 IMG_0439 IMG_0442 IMG_0440 IMG_0450 IMG_0437 IMG_0438 IMG_0453 IMG_0454


Latte


I asked for one shot coffee, and it was very easy to fall in love with the coffee. The texture was very light with no "too-milky" coffee. And the flavour was overwhelming.


IMG_0445


Flat White


It's my sister's order, but I didn't try it.


IMG_0447


Es Kopi Susu


The owner and the barista gave me a complimentary es kopi susu. And it was really different from any other es kopi susu. They used premium coffee. The texture was not too milky, not too light and still had a strong flavour from the coffee without overpowering the purpose of a whole idea of a cup of es kopi susu. Quite confusing, right? It was definitely a mind-boggling. LOL.


IMG_0452


Foxy Red Smoothy Bowl


beets, strawberry, dates, pineapple, almond milk, topped with muesli, pineapple, coconut flakes, and strawberry (seasonal)


My sister ordered Acai Krema from Beets and Bouts. So I thought, I ordered something else from the menu, like their smoothy bowl. Their menu is not yet complete, so I ordered this foxy red. It was very sour, at first. But after some time, it became sweeter, with mushy texture. Maybe the sour came from the pineapple, but finally the dates sweetened the flavour. I think I will try their other smoothy bowls next time.


IMG_0451


Anyway, congratulations for the opening Beets and Bouts with Kala Coffee and Kuma Living. Hip hip hooray!


Beets and Bouts x Kala Coffee x Kuma Living
Oakwood 1st Floor
Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan
Kuningan, Jakarta
IG: @beetsandbouts @kalacoffeejkt @kuma.living

Comments

Popular Posts