[RELOCATED] Abura Soba Yamatoten Tokyo Pantai Indah Kapuk PIK Jakarta

July 26th, 2015. It was the first time I went to Abura Soba Yamatoten Tokyo at Pantai Indah Kapuk PIK. I often heard about Abura Soba but never tried by myself. So, when a friend of mine, LT, asked me to come with him to the place, I agreed happily. Then DC joined us. And after that, I came to the place over and over and over again.


IMG_6462 IMG_6489


It's so easy to find the place. Located near highway exit, I found the place right away. I came in and caught a nice place. Not too spacious but big enough for lunch or dinner with family or friends.


Abura Soba (油そば) literally translates to “Oil Noodles.” Abura Soba originated from the Kitatama district of Tokyo in the early 1950s. There are a few popular chains in the Kanto area that specialize in this type of noodles, and its popularity continues to grow.


IMG_6469 IMG_6463



The Menu


IMG_6468


Abura Soba 59k


Original Abura Soba served with chopped spring onions, sesame seeds, bamboo shoots, dried seaweeds and slices of tender roast pork


Yup, this one was called the original. Actually it's LT's order. And when I tried the abura soba, I suddenly wanted to order it too. I guess, the original was always the best. This was also their best-seller. And, how to eat this soba? Add 2 rounds of vinegar and chili oil. Mix them all. Enjoy the abura soba. But, you can add more if you like. Just go wild with the vinegar and chili oil. LOL. The texture of the soba was delicate and so light. I love the roast pork, of course. Always love pork hihihi.


IMG_6475 IMG_6471 IMG_6485


Karami Ontama Abura Soba 68k


Abura Soba with spicy miso sauce, served with half boiled egg, chopped spring onions, sesame seeds, bamboo shoots, dried seaweeds and slices of tender roast pork.


It's DC's order. I didn't try it because it's spicy.


IMG_6480


Aburi Chasu Don 69k


Yup, this was mine. But I didn't really like it. I prefer the Abura Soba. For me, the rice was too dry. The chasu was okay, I just didn't really like the rice. Maybe next time I should try to add the vinegar and chili oil.


IMG_6476


Handmade Dumpling 32k


Not my favourite. There's something funny about the aroma. I didn't know what it is. I just didn't like it. LT felt the same with me, but DC was just fine with it. So, we let him finished them all. LOL.


IMG_6479


Overall, I was very happy finally could eat here. Thanks LT and DC for the lovely day. Btw, I have a good news. They will open a new outlet in Grand Indonesia. Woohoo! *dancing all around my room* CANNOT WAIT!!!


Abura Soba Yamatoten Tokyo
Ruko Garden House Blok A-12
Bukit Golf Mediterania
Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta
Phone: 021-29033342
IG: @yamatoten

Comments

Popular Posts