[CLOSED] Midtown Bistro and Lounge SCBD Jakarta

November 17th, 2015. I went to Midtown Bistro and Lounge in SCBD area. I happened to come here some time ago when it was called Pad 28 and The Twenty8. But now with the new management and new concept, it became Midtown.


IMG_9797


MIDTōWN Bistro & Lounge offers, "something for everyone," as our owners put it. Over the years this location garnered a reputation for being a great hangout spot for those in the SCBD / Senopati area; the new brand of MIDTōWN continues and upgrades that experience. A place for midweek luncheons, our stock exchange friends often come for after-work drinks, a weekly ladies night brings in our charming cosmopolitan clientele, sporting events on our 5 big screens bring in our loyal fans, and on weekends our place livens up with bands and established DJs. Ultimately, the FOOD is what makes people say there is "something for everyone." Chef Raufik Maulana (the Fixer) created a menu designed to keep people coming back for more with, a sometimes overwhelming number of options, our menu takes your palate on journey across the globe and back.


IMG_9796 IMG_9795


When I came, there's a bunch of people having lunch, so I didn't take many pictures because it was so impolite to take pictures of strangers. That's why I only took 2 pictures of the place. But, it was a really nice place to hang out. I should do that sometimes with hubby or friends. And now let me show you what I ate that day.


Iga Bakar Sambal Matah 110k


Another Indonesia classic, 250gr of slowly braised Australian beef short ribs in Makassar style. Served with steamed rice, vegetables (urap) and sambal matah sauce.


OMG! You should try this one. The beef was tender and juicy. It was so tasty with a little hint of spicy from the sambal matah sauce. Actually 250gr was quite big. Your tummy will be very happy LOL. Actually at first I thought it will be super spicy. But when I tried, it's not that spicy. And then, I finished the dish all by myself. It's so umami. Recommended!


IMG_9799


Nasi Gila 75k


Our famous chef creation rice with asian taste choices of stir fry seafood, beef, chicken or pork and served with emping crackers.


I couldn't stop eat this nasi gila. Well, I told the Chef that I was so full I think I cannot finish it. But when I talked and talked and talked, my hand couldn't stop taking a spoonful after a spoonful. And when I stopped talking, the plate was empty. Omaigatttt! It was super delicious. The chicken was very tasty. And the rice was in a perfect texture. Love it so much. It was a very simple dish, just like a fried rice, but it tasted so delicious, it became very special. Must-try!


IMG_9805


Sapo Tofu Seafood 70k


Wok stir fry chinese style mixed seafoods, tofu and asian vegetables with oyster sauce. Served with steamed rice and chili condiment.


Another delicious dish from Midtown. It's true. I am not trying to exaggerate my review. But, this one was delicious also. Fresh and well-seasoned. The tofu was tender and soft. Favourite! I prefer the tofu than the seafood. Hihihi. Perfect texture of tofu with mouthwatering broth. As you can see my picture below. It was mouthwatering, indeed. And I could eat it with rice. Terrific!


IMG_9807


Balacan Chicken Wings 50k


Crispy wings with traditional spicy shrimp paste sauce.


Spicy shrimp paste sauce usually very spicy. But The Chef told me that he used Singapore's recipe. And when I tried a bite, I was stunned. It's not that spicy. I guess I can say it's one of the best chicken wings I've ever tried. 6 pieces of chicken wings. And I finished 3 pieces chicken wings in a jiffy. And now I'm drooling when I look at the photo. I guess I have to go back to Midtown soon. This one was so addictive.


IMG_9812


Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings 50k


Crispy wings with spicy teriyaki sauce.


The texture of the chicken wings was flawless. But the sauce, I prefer the balacan than this one. It's spicy. It's teriyaki but spicy. I only ate 1 piece. I think I have to eat it with rice LOL. But as you can see the photo below, it's so mouthwatering, right? If  you like spicy chicken wings, you should try this one. Very recommended!


IMG_9814


Wildbery Smash (mocktail) 45k


Blueberry jam, cinnamon syrup, lemon juice, cranberry juice, soda water. Garnish: lemon wedges caramel, mint leaf, marsmallow.


When I took picture of this mocktail, a lady behind me asked: "Hey, what is that? It's really beautiful. By the way, are you a blogger?" Then I replied, "Yes, I am." Then she said to her friend, "I told you! I can see from the way she takes the pictures." Errr.. I was a shy person. So when people starting to ask me, I just smiled and tried to ignore them. After one snap, I took the mocktail away, and drank it right away. It was so fresh! I love how the blueberry jam mixed with lemon juice, cinnamon syrup and cranberry juice. Added soda water, and bang! Fresh to the max.


IMG_9816


Overall, I felt satisfied with the food and drink. Thank you so much Midtown for the delightful lunch. I will be back soon. :)


Midtown Bistro and Lounge
Jl. Tulodong Atas No. 28
SCBD, Jakarta
Phone: 021-5274088
IG: @midtownjakarta


Comments

  1. […] 2016. This was the second time I went to Midtown. You can see my first review about this place HERE.  The place was quite different from the last time I was there. More sofas. Cool. I prefer a place […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts