Benedict (New Menu) Grand Indonesia Thamrin Jakarta

November 4th, 2015. I went to Benedict to try their new menu. I always love their place. Moody ambiance with friendly people. And the lovely thing, my favourite spot there, now a non-smoking seat. Yaaaaaay!


Matcha Matcha Cake 60k


The main star is the Green Tea Mousse, made from premium Japanese green tea. Layered with Red Bean Paste, and finished off with a Green Tea infused White Chocolate shavings.


For some people maybe it's not bitter enough. But for me, it's enough. It's perfect for my palate. But I told them that the texture was not quite delicate. I prefer a smooth and delicate texture for my cake. Especially for this matcha cake.


IMG_9400


Japanese Benedict 80k


Chef Fernando created this dish with Shiitake Mushroom infused Rice Patties and torched Dynamite Sauce topped off with a sprinkle of Seaweed and Toasted Sesame Seeds.


What a scrumptious combination between rice patties and egg benedict. It's like da bomb! The texture of the rice patties was amazingly perfect. Yeah, rice was always perfect for me LOL. The egg benedict was superb. Tasted so good I think I was in love with their egg benedict over and over again.


IMG_9385


Benedict's Bubur Ayam 70k


Topped with Aromatic Chicken and Shredded Duck, Shaved Foie Gras, homemade "Cakwe", 63 degrees Egg and Spicy Peanut Sauce. A great gourmet take on your favorite comfort food.


Big portion. But I prefer they added more taste on it. It's too bland for me. Very generous with the filling. And the texture of the porridge was flawless. The cakwe was addicting, though. But, as I said before, I need a richer taste on it.


IMG_9368


Hangover Cure 65k


Chef Fernando’s version of “Indomie” noodles on steroids. Sliced Pork Confit, Crispy Pork Belly, Pork Lardons, Gyoza, 63-Degree Egg, "Dabu-Dabu" Chili and Bacon Broth, it is also available with chicken instead than pork. An absolute must-try, and we can guarantee a satisfied sigh of pleasure after the first slurp.


Indomie was always favourite. I had high expectation to this dish. Too bad, it needed more taste in it too. Still, generous topping. But could be richer in taste. It was delicious, but not as "indomie" as it should be. LOL. And now, I'm craving for "indomie." Hahahaha..


IMG_9374 IMG_9377


Benedict Gyoza


Japanese Gyoza filled with minced chicken, foie gras, cabagge served with ponzu sauce.


Gyoza was always a simple menu but always made me craving for more. Benedict Gyoza was one of the best, I guess. The filling was very generous. The texture of the skin was fantastic. And I prefer to eat it without the ponzu sauce. Maybe because the gyoza itself was already tasty.


IMG_9366


Asian Cobb Salad


Serves as the perfect light meal, full of protein and veggies with spicy Nuoc Cham dressing.


I didn't like this asian cobb salad. Really really not my favourite. But people said that the salad was the best. I think it's because I'm not a fans of spicy Nuoc Cham dressing. Sorry Chef, not my preference.


IMG_9371


Benedict Burrito


Our homemade tortilla filled with Mexican Rice, choice of Mushroom or Chipotle Chicken, Braised Beans, Lettuce, Avocado, Habanero Salsa, accompanied with Shoestring Fries and Side Salad.


Never found a delicious burrito, until I ate this Benedict Burrito. That's true! I loved their chipotle chicken. So delicious. And their Habanero Salsa was amazing. The combination of braised beans, lettuce, and avocado were pretty smart. They worked together as a gorgeous filling with the chicken. And the shoestring fries? Número uno.


A burrito is a type of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, consisting of a wheat flour tortilla wrapped or folded into a cylindrical shape to completely enclose the filling.


IMG_9387


Mushroom Ragout Tagliatelle


Are you a creamed spinach fan? Do you also love mushrooms and pasta? Ever wish you could combine all three? Then you'll surely love this!


Errr.. not me. I used to love spinach, but for some times I didn't really like it anymore. Got bored, I guess. The mushroom was delicious but I think it needed more creamy texture. Well, I prefer the creamier LOL.


Tagliatelle and tagliolini is a traditional type of pasta from Emilia-Romagna and Marche, regions of Italy. Individual pieces of tagliatelle are long, flat ribbons that are similar in shape to fettuccine and are typically about 6.5 mm to 10 mm wide.


IMG_9391


Oxtail Orecchiette


There's just something about the beefy, meaty oxtails imparting their flavor into a rich and hearty sauce with pasta.


OMG! This was so good!!! I tried a spoonful and fell in love right away. First, I raised my eyebrows when I looked at the presentation. Yup, I was being skeptical about this dish. But, yeah, after one spoonful, I grabbed the plate and planned to finish it all by myself. LOL. I was in love with the velvety texture and rich taste of the oxtail. And the orecchiette was soft with chewy texture. Such an adorable dish.


Orecchiette is a variety of home-made pasta typical of Apulia, a region of southern Italy. Its name comes from its shape, which resembles a small ear. In the vernacular of Taranto it is called recchietedd, or chiancaredd.


IMG_9363


Pan-Seared Snapper


The newest creation from Chef Fernando Sindu. It's beautiful and surely tastes amazing as well!


The snapper was a little bit over-cooked. But the rice was delicious. Actually, I think it's orzo. Very similar with rice. Totally forgot to ask them. But, it's delicious, indeed.


IMG_9392


Udon Vongole


Served with Spicy Clams, Chorizo Sausage, Pumpkin Shoots, Seaweed and Green Verde Sauce. You will get addicted to this!


I surely loved the clams and the chorizo sausage. This was my first time to eat udon with vongole. It’s a slightly brothy bowl filled with chewy soft udon, chorizo sausage, seaweed and lots of clams. But again, I prefer a thicker sauce. Furthermore, no complaint from me.


IMG_9396


Thanks Benedict for those delicious food. It surely drew a happy smile on my face.


Benedict
Grand Indonesia East Mall LG #37-#39
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1
Jakarta Pusat 10310
Phone: 021-23581238
IG: @benedictjakarta

Comments

  1. Haduuh nyesel banget aku ga dateng hari itu ciyen...Ngiler banget sama Hangover Cure & Japanese Benedict nya T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaa nanti kapan2 kita mampir yuk makan lagi di situ hihihihi #ngajakmulu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts