Ivy Restaurant Brawijaya Dharmawangsa Jakarta

November 29th, 2015. I went to Ivy Restaurant, located at Brawijaya, Dharmawangsa area. It was easy to find because it's only opposite of Taman Kura-Kura (Garden Turtle). When I got out the car, I was fascinated with the place. It was very cozy and comfy. Ivy is a sister restaurant of Monty's. So, when I heard it first, I thought it will be as intimidating-fine-dining-place as Monty's. LOL. But, turned out, it was a place to snug as bug in a rug.


IMG_0031 IMG_0032



The Ambiance


Ivy has smoking area and non-smoking area. The non-smoking area was much bigger with dim lightings. It was comfortable to have lunch or dinner with family, or hang out with buddies after office hours, or just having a good time on weekends.


IMG_0037 IMG_0038 IMG_0039


We chose the smoking area because it was clearly a suitable place to take great pictures with natural lights. And the nice thing, they have AC at the outdoor so it wasn't hot at all. It was really a nice place. I think I fell in love with Ivy. :)


IMG_0040



The Menu


IMG_0033


Complimentary Bread


IMG_0035



DRINKS


Jasmine Queen 35k


IMG_0041


Hot Chocolate 40k


Such a beautiful beverage. I thought it will only in a mug with latte art, like any other hot chocolate. But turned out, it was prettier. Served with marshmallows on top. So gorgeous, I didn't wanna ruin the beauties of it. But yeah, I have to drink right? LOL. It was not very sweet and actually I prefer more bitter. Next time, maybe. :)


IMG_0042



TO START


Quinoa Salad 85k


Quinoa, roasted vegetables, ricotta, balsamic dressing


It was pretty delicious for healthy food LOL. Yeah, salad wasn't my thing because for me healthy food was always not good. Hihihi. But, this one was telling me that healthy food can do better nowadays. This salad was very good with fresh and crispy vegetables.


Quinoa is a species of the goosefoot genus, a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal, similar in some respects to buckwheat, rather than a true cereal, as it is not a member of the true grass family.


IMG_0047



SNACKS


Veal Jalapeño Poppers 95k


Stuffed jalapeños, veal parmesan


I never wanted to try this kind of dish. But my friends convinced me to try this one because it was very good. So, yeah, I tried a couple of bites, and yes it was pretty good. It was crunchy and spicy. And I guess, everybody will love it for their snacks.


IMG_0052


Ivy Nachos 60k


Corn tortilla, jalapeño, tomato salsa, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, guacamole


Couldn't stop! Love the presentation too. Full of colours, right? The corn tortilla was crispy with a pliable texture. And I love the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. They made the taste of the nachos even better. Nothing tastes better than a steaming plate of nachos while you chit chat with your buddies. It was addicting!


IMG_0049


Calamari 45k


Calamari, tartar sauce


IMG_0046



PASTA


Salmon and Arugula Angel Hair 115k


Parmesan cream sauce, salmon roe


It was a really vigorous dish. The texture of the angel hair pasta was so delicate, it melted in your mouth, literally. The parmesan cream was well-seasoned, and mixed wonderfully with the pasta. The salmon was perfectly cooked. Overall, it was beyond compare! Recommended! A lot!


IMG_0058


Pesto and Mushroom Farfale 95k


Shimeji mushroom, parsley pesto, beef bacon


Cute and adorable pasta. Combined it with pesto and mushroom. Magic! The beef bacon was very delicious. I think this one was also recommended. The creamy and rich texture of this dish was really make my tummy very overjoyed. Trust me. This one was definitely a keeper.


IMG_0057



THE EAST


Ikan Kakap Bakar Sambal Matah 155k


Grilled snapper fish, spicy Balinese sauce, steam rice, jicama pickles


Spicy dish. I gave up. I only tried a bite, and surrender! But the texture of the grilled snapper fish was out-of-this-world. It was definitely favourite dish when you talk about spicy dish. Tasted wise with over and above crunchy texture from the jicama pickles.


Jicama: Pachyrhizus erosus, commonly known as jicama, Mexican yam bean, or Mexican turnip, is the name of a native Mexican vine, although the name most commonly refers to the plant's edible tuberous root.


IMG_0054


Nasi Goreng Prabu Mulih 115k


Seafood fried rice, pineapple, pickles, emping crackers


This was also the champion. I guess, fried rice was always a safer. When you couldn't eat anything, you just ordered a fried rice, and you'll be safe. Fried rice usually very easy and tasty. And this nasi goreng prabu mulih was very tasty. The pineapple aroma was strong but not that strong. Strong enough to make me wanted to eat the dish all by myself. The seafood was very generous. I think all my friends agreed with me that this one was a recommended dish.


IMG_0053



THE WEST


Half Chicken Organic Shitake Cream Sauce 145k


Dauphine potato, asparagus, shitake cream sauce


This was our last dish, and too bad, I found it just okay. But yeah, chicken dish was always like that. It's okay and delicious but it's just a hunky-dory dish.


Pommes dauphine (sometimes referred to as dauphine potatoes) are crisp potato puffs made by mixing mashed potatoes with savoury choux pastry, forming the mixture into dumpling shapes, and then deep-frying them at 170° to 180°C.


IMG_0056



SWEET


Valrhona Lava 75k


Dark chocolate lava cake, raspberry, vanilla ice cream


When the host offered us this chocolate lava, I thought, "Aaaah, chocolate lava again?" But, she said that it was different from the other chocolate lava, so I guess, "Why not." And I didn't regret. The melted chocolate lava was very mouthwatering and luscious. You will get startled with the taste of it. Excellent!


IMG_0075


Mocca Parfait with Flambé 90k


This was a very unique dessert. The way they flambéed the mocca parfait, it was beautiful. I always love beautiful dessert. Tasted delicious. The bitterness of the chocolate was amazingly delightful. This one stole my attention. Love it.


IMG_0061 IMG_0066


Cream Brûlée 70


Best creme brûlée ever! Creamy, soft, delicate, and sweet. Melt in my mouth. After two chocolate desserts, I thought I need a non-chocolate dessert. That's why I was so happy when this one subtle dessert came to my table. OMG! Recommended!


IMG_0073


We had a great time at Ivy. Lovely ambiance, friendly people, amazing friends, delicious food. What could go wrong? Great job, Ivy. Keep up the good work!


Ivy Restaurant
Jl. Brawijaya II No.48
South Jakarta
Phone: 021-7265766
IG: @ivyjkt

Comments

Popular Posts