Lewis & Carroll Tea Jakarta

November 9th, 2015. I went to a new place at Kebayoran area, Lewis and Carroll. I heard about this new place around social media like Instagram. A friend of mine said to me a couple days ago about this place. It's a coincidence, at that night, Hans asked me to accompany him to the place. I was very excited. So, yesterday, I went to Lewis and Carroll, waited for him.


IMG_9489


At first, I saw the outdoor seats. It was lovely. I could see myself in the morning, sitting there alone with my macbook and listening to music through my earphone, and enjoying the morning breeze. Ugh, tempting!


IMG_9485 IMG_9484 IMG_9491


Then, I looked inside and I was a little bit shocked. I thought it was a cute tea house. Turned out, it was a spacious tea house with sunshine almost all over the place. I loved it. It's like love at the first sight. I chose the corner seat, because I wanted to take pictures of their food. I needed sunshine LOL. Come. Come. Let me show you around the place.


IMG_9487 IMG_9483 IMG_9535 IMG_9480 IMG_9488


Actually they also sell their teas and teawares. You can check the product here. I will give you a little teaser below. :)


IMG_9533 IMG_9532 IMG_9534 IMG_9482 IMG_9481 IMG_9531



beverages


As soon as I sat on my seat, the server brought a tray full of tubes of various teas' flavours. I could smell the fragrance of the teas before I chose which one I want. Actually, it's a cute experience for me hihihi..


IMG_9477


snow owl 55k


I chose snow owl, a white tea. It's a humble tea with light and stress-relieving taste. I really enjoyed my snow owl. Recommended for those who loved a mild and not-so-strong tea.


IMG_9494


autumn bloom 55k


Lovely presentation. I always like tea with flower in the cute jug. Well, too bad I forgot to try it, because I was be dazzled with the looks. But, I believe it's as good as my snow owl. :)


IMG_9505


scarlet carnaval 35k


I love the colour. Tasted sweet and sexy. Really a thirst-quenching drink in a hot day. Well, looking at the red drink beside the green plant, I felt like Christmas came early. Ugh, cannot wait for next month. Christmas will always be my favourite season.


IMG_9497



sides & bites


truffled fries 40k


Lacked of truffle oil. Yup, I tried a bite and I just didn't find the strong and earthy texture of truffle oil. The texture of the fries were great. But, I expected more truffle oil.


IMG_9512


truffled mashed potatoes 35k


Same with the truffled fries. Lacked of truffle oil. I expected more from this dish. Too bad I didn't bring my own truffle oil. *sobbing* I needed more truffle oil, please. The texture of the mashed potato was great. Suitable for my palate.


IMG_9498



entrée (from 11 a.m.)


L&C fried rice 60k


diced norwegian salmon fried rice, sunny side up egg, pickle, melinjo chips, and sambal matah


OMG! Tried a spoon full, and fell in love. I can say it's one of the best fried rice I've ever tried. It was also a big portion. So, I guess, when I come back with hungry tummy, I will order this fried rice again. The salmon was quite generous, and the sunny side up was perfect!!! Gorgeous and delicious. Perfect combination, right? Recommended!


IMG_9513


carbonara 80k


linguine with beef bacon in truffle carbonara sauce


Love it. The truffle carbonara sauce was amazingly delicious. The linguine was perfectly cooked. Tasted like mom's homemade pasta at home. Ugh, suddenly miss my mom's cooking. By the way, the beef bacon was exquisitely tasty. Must-try!


IMG_9517


aglio olio 70k


spaghetti with beef bacon bits in garlic and truffle oil


I tried this aglio olio and got my approval already. It was not very spicy. And the beef bacon was also exquisitely tasty. I love the truffle aroma in this well-seasoned dish. The spaghetti was in a good texture. I think Hans really liked it. Pssst, he almost always ordered aglio olio when we talked about pasta. :)


IMG_9508



sweets


matcha panna cotta 55k


Love it. Tasted sweet with creamy texture. Well, actually matcha should be more bitter but I prefer the sweet one, although it's not so sweet. The sweetness was balanced. But actually I wish they will make more flavours. I hope next time I go there, I will find strawberry panna cotta or vanilla panna cotta. I wish.. LOL.


IMG_9524


banana nutella french toast 55k


This one was the champion! Won my heart. They had me at "Nutella." So many quotes about Nutella. "Nutella. The only reason to buy bread." or "Happiness is.. Nutella. LOADS of Nutella." or "You are the Nutella to my spoon." LOL. Nutella and banana and french toast? Out-of-this-world. The french toast was tender and mild. The banana? Melted in my mouth. And the Nutella was being a nutella. Must-order dish! Err.. I forgot mention the ice cream. The Chai Tea ice cream had a unique taste, but it will make you want it more and more and more. RECOMMENDED in capital letters!


IMG_9521


Thanks Hans for asking me to have lunch with you at Lewis and Carroll. I'm in love with the place. So comfortable with cozy ambiance. Definitely will be back there again and again and again. See you soon L&C.


Lewis & Carroll
Jl. Bumi No 4
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta 12120
Phone: 021-2702660
IG: @lewisandcarrolltea

Comments

Popular Posts