Picante Mexican Grill Graha Niaga SCBD Jakarta

November 15th, 2015. I went to Picante Mexican Grill with #DailyFoodSeeker. Thanks for having me guys. Located in Graha Niaga SCBD, it was very easy to find. When I stepped my foot inside the place, I was stunned. It's just so beautiful. They decorated the place so colourful. And you could see the greenish at the park beside the place. You should come and see by yourself. Stunning!


IMG_9693



Interior


IMG_9691 IMG_9692


You can order through the menu or just come to their outlets. You can choose if you wanna some taco or burrito or burrito bowl or quesadilla or others, fill it with chicken or steak or fish or barbacoa, then you can choose the sauces and other condiments. Anything you like. Just go crazy with your choices.


IMG_9716 IMG_9717 IMG_9718


Quesadillas (Chicken 60k 1/2 portion 40k - Steak 65k 1/2 portion 50k - Cheese 50k 1/2 potrion 38k)


Is a 2 flour tortillas filled with cheese, fajitas, steak or chicken, grilled to perfection. Served with fresh tomato salsa.


When I eat quesadillas, I didn't really care about the filling. When the flour tortilla was in a perfect texture, everything was good. Sometimes they made the flour tortilla too chewy and I couldn't enjoy the quesadilla. But this one.. it was different. The flour tortilla was número uno. Perfect texture with delicious taste. Recommended!


IMG_9707


Dory Fritters 35k


Breaded dory fish served with lime tartar sauce.


Love it. For snacking, it was a perfect one to eat. Actually for me, dory fish, not the tastiest. I prefer salmon or tuna. But this dory fritters was different. It was addicting. Well, it's better if I could eat it with rice, of course. LOL.


IMG_9710


Tortilla Chips 25k


Chips are made fresh every day, with a squeeze of real lime and sea salt. Guacamole is made from perfectly ripe avocados, and hand mashed, up to three times a day. (You may ask for Unsalted Tortilla too!)


Dipping choices: Guacamole, Cheddar Cheese with Jalapeño, and Fresh Tomato Salsa.


I prefer the cheddar cheese without jalapeño as the dipping. And the tortilla chips were amazingly delicious. Perfect texture. So crunchy. So crispy. So much better than any chips you used to buy at store. Lots of fun! I couldn't get enough of it.


IMG_9703 IMG_9714


Grilled Corn Cheese 25k


Sweet corn, feta cheese with cayenne sprinkle.


IMG_9723


Burrito (Fish 65k - Grilled Chicken 65k - Barbacoa 75k - Grilled Steak 75k)


Flour tortilla, choice of basmati or brown lime rice, pinto or black beans, meat (Fish, barbacoa - braised Shredded beef, marinated and grilled chicken or steak) and mixed with choices of Salsa, roasted corn, sour cream, guacamole, mix cheese and topped with lettuce.


IMG_9705


Burrito Bowl (Fish 65k - Grilled Chicken 65k - Barbacoa 75k - Grilled Steak 75k)


Burrito without the tortilla and served in a bowl - choice of basmati or brown lime rice (double!!), meat (Fish, barbacoa - braised Shredded beef, marinated and grilled chicken or steak) and mixed with choices of Salsa, roasted corn, sour cream, guacamole, mix cheese and topped with lettuce.


Burrito with rice and cheese, and everything. OMG! It's like my dreams came true. I love burrito but prefer eating it in a plate or bowl. And now, it's like, VOILA! But, I prefer the burrito bowl with no spicy. My friend, Dedy Casanova, ordered a non spicy one and I couldn't move the bowl in front of me. He had to really really grab the bowl and take it away from me LOL.


IMG_9697 IMG_9708


Crispy Taco (Fish 52k - Grilled Chicken 52k - Grilled Steak 58k)


Crispy corn shells filled with meat (Fish, braised barbacoa, marinated and grilled chicken or steak) and mixed with choices of Salsa, roasted corn, sour cream, guacamole, mix cheese and topped with lettuce.


I love this crispy taco. It was crispy with a not-so-thick skin. It was super crunchy and super crispy. The filling was very generous. I tried a bite and amazed with the delightful taste. Combination between sour and salty and sweet and everything. And it's much much much prettier.


A taco (/ˈtæk/ or /ˈtɑːk/) is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, avocado or guacamole, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, minced meat, onionsand lettuce.


IMG_9702


Mexican Fried Rice (Plain 48k - Fish or Chicken 55k - Barbacoa or Steak 60k)


Basmati fried rice with enchiladas sauce, mixed with corn and blackbeans.


My favourite! It was so delicious I almost forgot to ask my friends to try it. LOL. The rice was fragrant with a very good texture. And the taste was very well-seasoned. Most recommended dish, I guess. It's one of the must-try dish at Picante. Trust me. You really have to trust me! It's my first time to eat mexican fried rice. And if all of fried rice in Mexico as good as this one, I should go to Mexico as soon as possible. Or I just have to come back to Picante. Which one easier? :D


Basmati (pronounced IPA: [baːsmət̪iː] in South Asia) is a variety of long, slender grain aromatic rice which is traditionally from India and Pakistan.


IMG_9721


Hell Chimicanga (Fish or Chicken 65k - Barbacoa or Steak 75k)


Spicy deep fried burrito filled with choices of chicken, steak, fish or barbacoa, refried beans, topped with guacamole, tomato salsa, sour cream and cheese.


IMG_9704


Churros 20k


with chocolate dipping.


Lust. That's what I felt about this churros. Some of my friends didn't really like it because it's too sweet for them. But, I lust it!!! Didn't have to dip it in the chocolate dipping, it's delicious enough. I prefer no dip. The texture of the churros was perfectly crunchy. Oh, I really addicted!


A churro is a fried-dough pastry—predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are popular in Spain, France, the Philippines, Portugal, Ibero-Americaand the Southwestern United States. In Spain, churros can either be thin (and sometimes knotted) or long and thick. They are normally eaten for breakfast dipped in champurrado, hot chocolate or café con leche.


IMG_9726


Paris Brest


A soft choux filled with fresh cream.


Chocolate Topping 22k


The fresh cream was okay, but the chocolate topping was amazing. Sweet but not too sweet. It made me obsessed with this choux. It's just really cute to find a french dessert in mexican place. Such an adorable dessert.


A Paris–Brest is a French dessert, made of choux pastry and a praline flavoured cream.


IMG_9712


Almonds Topping 24k


IMG_9709


Cappuccino 25k


Cute latte art in a cup of cappuccino. Didn't have the courage to ruin it. LOL.


IMG_9706


Green Tea Latte 28k


I tried this one and I could say, it's one of the best green tea latte. Period.


IMG_9711


Hot Latte 25k


Cat Latte! Love the 3D latte art, it was cute. Applause for the cat latte!


IMG_9715


Hot Chocolate 28k


3D Elephant Latte Art in my hot chocolate. Adorable. I love the hot chocolate and I love my little elephant. I wanna cuddle it and take it home. Hihihi. Too bad I couldn't. *sigh*


IMG_9719


Overall, I love this place. The ambiance, the food and the drinks. They mixed beautifully to entertain my lunch. Thanks Picante and #DailyFoodSeeker for the amazing lunch. Surely will be back to this place again.


Picante Mexican Grill
Graha Niaga, CIMB Niaga Building
Ground Floor
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman
SCBD, Jakarta
Phone: 021-2505559
IG: @picanteid


Comments

Popular Posts