[CLOSED] MISE Jakarta at Bo Concept Building Wahid Hasyim Menteng Jakarta

November 10th, 2017. Someone told me about MISE. So, I stalked their IG account since September. They said, "We will open around October." Yaaaaay. Then, I forgot about them. LOL. Pardon my brain. Hahaha. Mid October, "You open yet? You open yet? You open yet?" Wow, they were very patient with me. November 5th, they replied me, "Yes, we will have soft opening for INVITATION only." And they sent me the invitation. YAAAAAY!

IMG_7818

The establishment occupied the second level of Bo Concept Building. It's very easy to find. Use your maps or waze, and voilà. The place isn't very spacious but very lovely. Classic ambiance caught my eyes right away. And my favourite thing was the hanging light, or you can say minimalist chandelier? LOL.

IMG_7817 IMG_7765 IMG_6527 IMG_7766 IMG_7769 IMG_7770 IMG_7768 IMG_7767 IMG_7771 IMG_7773 IMG_7772 IMG_7778 IMG_7779


MISECRET of Lemon, Lime & Bitter


Lavender 55k

I loved this one, sweet flavour with fresh texture. And it's purple! LOL.

IMG_7782

Cardamom 55k

Funny thing, I didn't like this drink, but my hubby prefer this one rather than the lavender hahahaha.. So, it's a match, right? I enjoyed the lavender and he enjoyed this cardamom. LOL.

IMG_7783

Floss Gyutan Salad 80k

Fish Crumble | Wakame | Horenzo | Ginger Vinaigrette

Wow! Salad with gyutan. Wow! It was really good, my hubby told me that he wanted to finish it. And, yes, he never liked salad. It was that good! The gyutan was tender and juicy. The wakame and horenzo were so fresh, it didn't feel like we ate vegetables. *hmmmm*

IMG_7784 IMG_7786 IMG_7785

Duck Pai Tee 80k

Pulled Duck | Burdock Salad | Truffle Pomme Puree

My hubby ate this one first, and he said, "OMG! It's so good!" And I couldn't agree more. When the truffle pomme puree burst in your mouth, you will feell foodgasm right away! The pulled duck was delicious also. Loved the pai tee.

Pie Tee is a thin and crispy pastry tart shell kuih filled with a spicy, sweet mixture of thinly sliced vegetables and prawns. It is a popular Peranakan dish. The shells are made of flour and though some stores will make them from scratch, they can usually be found ready made in most supermarkets. Similar to popiah, the main filling is shredded Chinese turnips and carrots, and usually these two dishes are sold by the same stall in hawker centres.

IMG_7788 IMG_7790

'Lado Mudo' Pai Tee 105k

Escargot | Pacri Pineapple

I found the escargot a little bit chewy. It's spicy, so my hubby didn't try it at all. They put a small bite of shrimp in it. Such a nice boost in the pai tee. I didn't really fond of the pacri pineapple. But if you like pineapple in a dish, you'll find it interesting.

IMG_7787 IMG_7789

'Boca de Dragon' pasta 100k

Angel Hair | Tuna Tataki | Signature Sambal

Beautiful presentation. I couldn't stop taking photos of the dish. It's cold when I finally tried it hahahaha. Hubby didn't wanna try the dish since it was full of sambal. LOL. I think it's similar with sambal matah. Tasted like sambal matah, actually, but I didn't really ask them. Love the texture of the tuna tataki. It must be cooked outside and raw inside. What a lovely texture. The angel hair was a little bit al dente texture, but I still loved it.

IMG_7791 IMG_7792 IMG_7793

Saw's Butter Burger 110k

Hand Pick Beef Patty | Caramelised Miso Onion | Salsa Rosa

Juicy and tender beef patty with delicious salsa rosa sauce. The texture of the bun was perfect. But, I wasn't in a mood for burger, so I let hubby to finish it. I prepared my tummy for their other dishes. LOL.

IMG_7796 IMG_7797 IMG_7799 IMG_7800

Greiggy's Signature Duck half 150k

Crispy Duck | Chef's Rice | Trio Sambal | Lawar of Balinese Salad

When it came to our table, I thought, "It looks dry! Hmmm.." But when hubby ate it, he said to me, "OMG! It's soooo tender and juicy and delicious." Hahahaha.. I was told that the chef was from a familiar restaurant. And she was very good in this kind of dish. COOL! Trust me, you must try this one when you come to MISE. Super recommended! *pssst don't forget to ask for extra lawar.. superb!*

IMG_7801 IMG_7803 IMG_7802

Prawn Laksa 110k

Prawn | Udon | Laksa Emulsion

For me, it's the best Prawn Laksa so far! And I wasn't exaggerating. Truly my honest opinion. The broth was well-seasoned with rich texture. The udon was soft. Such a winner! My hubby didn't try it at all. So, I planned to finish it half portion, since it must be too much if I ate one full bowl, right? At the end, it was empty. *sigh* I was crazy about it, I didn't leave anything in the bowl. LOL.

IMG_7804 IMG_7805 IMG_7806 IMG_7807 IMG_7811

Avocado Texture 80k

Avocado Espuma | Coral Sponge | Chocolate Soil | Dulcey De Leche

I never liked avocado, so it must be unfair for them to let me review this one. LOL. Well, I tried a bite, and I think it's quite delish. If you like avocado,  you should try it. :)

IMG_7813 IMG_7814

Congratulations MISE for the soft opening. Thank you so very much for the lovely and delicious lunch. You made us very happy.

MISE Jakarta
Bo Concept BuildinG
JL. KH Wahid Hasyim no 55A
Menteng, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 23951648
IG: @misejakarta

Comments

Popular Posts