H Gourmet and Vibes Gunawarman Senopati Jakarta

February 27th, 2015. Finally. H Gourmet and Vibes. A happening new place. My friend wanted to meet me here, well because she wondered about the place. So, there I was. Walking along Gunawarman street, I tried to locate the place. And there it was. A 3 storey building with H sign in front of it. Located on 3rd floor, we should take an elevator with blue colour. And suddenly the elevator brought you to a really different vibe. Love the place.


IMG_1151 IMG_1149 IMG_1155


H Gourmet and Vibes is a classic NYC culture inspired rooftop restaurant and bar, with a twits of 70s, industrial era; From its design, place, and taste. It was the time where the state tried to be modern and pre-contemporary at the same time, and the best way to assimilate this classic culture is by adding more twist from our city's urban social scene.


While waiting for my friend, I took some times to take pictures there. It's a little bit intimidating, because there were a bunch of gals and boys dressed up, and I only wore shirt and pants *still pretty though.. wink wink* But, I thought, 'What the heck! They don't have dress-code, I guess." And, voila, I was still there, right? LOL. Actually, the place is very lovely and comfortable.


IMG_1150 IMG_1153 IMG_1154 IMG_1156 IMG_1157 IMG_1183



The Menu


IMG_1162



MUNCH


Popcorn Chicks 65k


Deep fried marinated with chipotle and buttermilk.


Well-seasoned popcorn chicks. Dip it in the sauces, and enjoy the snacks. It's really nice to have some snacks while waiting for your friend. It's delicious but I prefer if it's more tender, because the skin of the popcorn chicks were a little hard.


A chipotle (/ɨˈptl/chi-poht-laySpanish: [tʃiˈpotle]), or chilpotle, which comes from the Nahuatl word chilpoctli (meaning "smoked chili"), is asmoke-dried jalapeño. It is a chili used primarily in Mexican and Mexican-inspired cuisines, such as Mexican-American, Tex-Mex, and southwestern dishes.


IMG_1169



ROOTS


Rollin' Caesar 55k


Your favourite caesar salad with thin sliced beef bacon outside.


They should rename this one into Rollin' Cheese LOL because it was full of cheese.. But I love their vegetables. They all were fresh with crunchy texture. But they were really generous with the cheese. Reallly really generous. It's like I ate cheese with salad rather than salad with cheese.


IMG_1174



H FRIES


Chilli and Cheese Fries 35k


This was definitely the most delicious chili and cheese fries I've ever tried. Again, they were really generous with the cheese. It was melted cheese. So delicious. Cheese flavour and the sweet taste from the chilli were just a perfect combination. I couldn't stop munching. Recommended snack!


IMG_1177



AMERICAN PIE


Q-Lime 49k


True American classic.


One thing I love about this pie, it's not very sour, and not very sweet. It had a perfect taste and flavour. It also had a perfect texture. It was soft, tender and moist. I couldn't stop myself from finishing this lovely dessert. And now, I'm drooling. Definitely a must-try pie!


Key lime pie is an American dessert made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust.


IMG_1186



H MOCKTAILS


Springbreeze 45k


I think it's pineapple with cucumber. Totally forgot to ask the ingredients. Well, not because I didn't care, but I just forgot LOL. And it's so hard to find a server there. I had no idea why, but it's just hard to find them. I didn't really like this drink because it's cucumber. Yup, in my mind, cucumber is not for drinks. That's it. Period.


IMG_1165


Kentucky Cooler 45k


I thought it will be more colourful than the Springbreeze, but turned out it was a green colour too :) And it was spicy. Yup, spicy drink. I asked the server, and he said that ginger was one the ingredients. So, that's why!! It was made by mint syrup, ginger syrup, lime juice and apple juice.


IMG_1182


I heard about their burger and their main course. Since I didn't try those, I should try them as soon as I go back there. What? You want to keep me company there?? Yaaaaay, come one, let's go. My pleasure of course. Cannot wait!!!


H Gourmet and Vibes
Jl. Gunawarman No. 41
(3rd Floor)
Senopati, Jakarta
Phone: 021-27510167
IG: @hgourmetvibes

Comments

Popular Posts