[CLOSED] Letter D. Cuisine and Bar Gandaria Jakarta

February 28th, 2015. I heard about Letter D. from fellow foodies. And everybody already went there, as usual, right? LOL. Do you know why it's called Letter D.? Because it's owned by Chef Degan, the famous chef that is also one of the judge at Masterchef Indonesia. Now, I am writing this review there. Yaaay, I'm here with my bestest buddies. And tell you what, when I stepped my foot inside, I was in love. The place was dominated with white colour and wooden furnitures. It's really a soothing view for my eyes :)


IMG_1198 IMG_1199


Btw, they have 2 levels with spacious area. Level 1 is for dining area. It's quite nice and comfortable with smoking area on the outside. They have big windows with wooden furnitures. It's so cozy with a coffee corner with different cakes you can choose there. I think I will sit near this area next time I come back here. Hahaha. Yes, you got it. I can eat as many cakes as I want. :D


IMG_1196 IMG_1200 IMG_1207 IMG_1205


Level 2 is for dining area and the bar. I was very snug as a bug in a rug. Easy for me to fall in love with the place. I was amazed by their spacious area, huge glass windows and cushy seats. We sat near the windows, so it's easy for us to get nice photos with the sunlight coming inside. We always love natural light.


I love the flower they put on the table. So lovely. Btw, they have smoking area too on level 2, near the bar. Hmmm.. I thought the smoking area is only outside level 1. Turns out, they have it too on level 2. Hmm.. Yeah, okay.. :D


IMG_1230 IMG_1212 IMG_1209



The Menu


They have Lunch Menu and Drink Menu. You can choose variety of salads, sandwiches, noodles and pasta, also quite numbers of main course with vegetarian choices, and desserts. For the drinks, you can choose wines, cocktails, mocktails, beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea, fresh juice, milkshakes or smoothies.


IMG_1220


Complimentary Snack


They gave us tempe chips for our snack, so we can munch while waiting for our orders. It's delicious and well-seasoned. I love the crunch crunch sensation. It's so good that my friend wanna take away it if they sell it in a pack. LOL.


IMG_1219



APPETIZER


Yum Nuea 100k


Thai Beef Salad, Tomato, Cucumber, Coriander, Chili, Lime, Roasted Rice.


Typical thai dish. Sour. Not my favourite, actually. But I agree with my friend, it's really fresh. It was balanced between sour and savoury. The beef was juicy yet tender. The marinade was great on the beef, I guess. The unique thing was roasted rice. It added a nutty aroma and flavour in the salad. Not really my kind of salad, but it's quite nice for a starter today.


IMG_1222 IMG_1227



MAINS


Salmon Lodeh 130k


Slow-roasted Salmon Filet, Eggplant, Pumpkin, Zucchini, Chili, Galangal, Coconut Broth.


We asked the server, what's their signature for main course, and she told us that Salmon Lodeh is the signature. It sound funny and unusual, right? But when the dish came to our table, I was stunned with the presentation. It was beautiful :) The salmon was cooked slow-roasted, it melted in my mouth. I really love this tender salmon. It was tasty and not fishy at all. And the coconut broth was amazing. It was thick, not too watery, perfect for this salmon filet. Love it. Love it. Recommended!!!


IMG_1234 IMG_1233



DESSERTS


Eton Mess 50k


Vanilla Ice Cream, Meringue, Strawberry, Whipped Cream.


Meringue dessert was always a treasure for me. The presentation was lovely too. I love it on a dime. Balance between sour and sweet. Even though I thought they could double the ice cream to balance the whipped cream *you wish!!!*


IMG_1241 IMG_1242


Chocolate Bailey's Mud Cake 50k


I'm in love over and over again here. I love the chocolate paste on top of the cake. It contains bailey's *aaaah love it*. Melt in my mouth. Favourite! But the cake was not my type. It's crumbly. I prefer a little bit firm cake.


IMG_1244 IMG_1246



DRINKS


Iced Tea 25k


Typical iced tea. Refreshing and very thirst-quenching :)


IMG_1217



MOCKTAILS


La Citro 35k


Mango, Lychee, Blue Curacao Syrup, Sprite.


Such a sweet and lovely drink. The blue curaçao as usual became the eye-catching colour here. The mango and lychee were complimenting each other. Those fruits are my all time favourite fruits :D So, when the server recommended this drink, I immediately order it.


IMG_1215


I think I will come back again here to try another dish. The Laksa was catching my eyes while I browsed their menu. Hmm.. maybe another time.. Well, so happy to spend my afternoon with my bestest buddies. Lovely place, fantastic food, great laughs. Definitely one of the best moments :)


Letter D. Cuisine & Bar
Jl. Ahmad Dahlan No. 16
Gandaria, Jakarta
Phone: 021-72785111
FB Fan Page: Letter D
IG: @letterD_

Comments

Popular Posts