[EVENT] Rosso Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta

February 7th, 2015. Rosso. It's been a while since I was at Rosso. Last time I was here with my buddies, celebrating my best friend's winning a competition. And I was here, again. Met their Italian chef, Chef Paolo Gionfriddo. Always nice to meet a friendly and low profile chef like him. Btw, you can see my last review about Rosso, just click HERE.



Festa in Famiglia. It's a Family-friendly Weekend.


Weekends with family just got better as Rosso offers a variety of specialty antipasti buffet, and an array of Italian gastronomical delight including pizza, pasta, bread, and mouthwatering desserts served on the table to delight you and your loved ones in this Italian-style tradition!


Available every Saturday from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm.


This offer is available from 20 Feb 2015 through 31 Dec 2015.


Festa in Famiglia 288k


Antipasti buffet, selected main course and dessert, chilled juices, coffee, or tea.


For the buffet, I only tried my friend's salad. But I drank a lot of their chilled juices. Hahaha. So refreshing. :)


We understand that food is best when its fresh, plentiful and eaten in the company of those we love. Therefore, every Saturday, Rosso presents an Italian family feast that includes an antipasti buffet, various pizzas, pastas and desserts and unlimited juices.


IMG_0305 IMG_0319 IMG_0320 IMG_0329 IMG_0291



Main Course


Pizza of the day


Pizza selections of Margherita - Seafood - Bresaola.


I had no complaints at all of the pizza selections. Each one of them had their uniqueness. But I love the margherita. Mozarella cheese became the star. Definitely a nice pizza to spend your lovely time with lovely ones. And, it was huge portion!


IMG_0341 IMG_0338


Seafood Tagliatelle


Homemade tagliatelle with seafood and cherry tomatoes.


It was my favourite for pasta that day. This Seafood Tagliatelle was very unique with lovely flavours from the creamy seafood sauce. Rosso served a very generous portion.


IMG_0333


Spaghetti Bolognese


Spaghetti with beef Bolognese sauce and parmesan cheese.


Tasted delicious, but could't distract me from the tagliatelle. Of course, served with huge portion because it was for family :) Only the minced beef could make me move my utensils from the tagliatelle hahaha.. Yeah, I love minced beef. Everytime my mom made spaghetti bolognese, I always remind her about the minced beef. "Gimme huge portion of minced beef, Mom!!" LOL. I loved minced beef. :)


IMG_0334


Penne alla Norma


Penne Norma with eggplant and Buffalo ricotta cheese.


Penne was not my favourite pasta. Maybe because of the texture. Hihihi. I have no idea. Just not my type of pasta. But I love how they served this one with eggplant. Eggplant was my favourite. And I prefer they gave more ricotta cheese. Yup, I love cheese, too. :D


IMG_0332



Dessert


Cannoli


Cannoli Filled with Buffalo ricotta cheese and candied orange.


The cannoli was very cute. But for me, cannoli was my least favourite. Maybe because it's not as soft as cake or cookie. But, it tasted delicious and also very crispy.


Tiramisu


Coffee sponge and Mascarpone cheese.


Best tiramisu ever!!! The sponge was very soft and moist. It's like I ate a coffee in a cloud form. *yeah right, you never ate cloud, yen. never!*


Panna cotta


Panna cotta with vanilla cream and raspberry sauce.


Love the panna cotta. Maybe because it was sweet. Yeah, I love sweet treats with a moist texture. :)


Profiterol


Profiterol stuffed with chocolate mousse and crispy almond.


Nice one. It's a French dessert choux pastry ball filled with chocolate mousse and crispy almond. Such a delicate dessert. Love it!!!


IMG_0346


Children's Festa in Famiglia 194k


Festa in Famiglia package, children's activities, complimentary access to weekend Kids Zone.


Children's Activities


Pizza making - Cupcake with marzipan decoration.


Actually not only children. I guess adult can also do the activities. That day, Soya from SoyavsFood and Andy from Myfunfoodiary, joined the pizza making. While, I myself, tried to make cupcake with marzipan decoration. And it was fun!!!


During lunch, children can make their own pizza and cupcakes under the instruction of Rosso's chef.


IMG_0290 IMG_0306 IMG_0330 IMG_0301 IMG_0307


Thanks Rosso and Shangri-La for your hospitality and delicious food. See you again :)


Rosso Italian Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta
Lobby Level
Kota BNI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jakarta 10220
Phone: 021-29399562
IG: @shangrilajkt

Comments

Popular Posts