PAUL French Bakery Restaurant Pacific Place SCBD Jakarta

December 27th, 2013. July 29th, 2014. November 21st, 2014. I went to PAUL three times. LOL. Yup, 3 times with 3 different companies. Happy moments, indeed. Months before I went there, I've already seen the sign "PAUL" there. I thought, I should go there some time. And, there I was. Ok, first, let me tell you a thing about PAUL.


PAUL is a high quality establishment where the good smell of tradition still permeates. An establishment that has written its name on five generations and carried French bakery skills around the world for 120 years. At PAUL, you get a little taste of France; give in to this little daily luxury! And what could be better when tasting our products than the rustic-chic ambience created by bakery tools, antiques, wood and velvet that remind us of the bakeries of yesteryear?


The place was classy with an elegant touch, but you still feel comfortable there. I felt like I'm in Paris, actually. Love to chit chat with besties or just have some meeting with a friend. You can bring your family too.


IMG_4864 IMG_4868 IMG_4824 IMG_6231 IMG_6240


Now it's time for me to order something classy and delicious.


IMG_4821



Nos Tartines: our open sandwiches


A delicious slice of freshly baked country bread topped with your favourite ingredients. A real baker's dish served warm or cold with a seasonal side salad.


Tartine champignon 110k


Sautéed mushrooms with garlic, shallots and parsley. Served warm.


The tartine bread was really unique. The texture was awesome. It was crunchy and tender, also. But, the mushrooms were the stars here. They were pretty with brown colours and delicious flavour. If you like mushrooms, you should try this dish.


Tartine: A French open-faced sandwich, especially one with a rich or fancy spread.


IMG_4881


Tartine saumon fume 125k


Smoked salmon, avocado, leeks, mix herbs cheese. Served cold.


This one was cute dish. The tartine was served cold. And it was like bruschetta. I just have one complaint about this dish. Please make the avocado smaller, and the salmon bigger LOL


IMG_0903



Nos sandwichs: Served with salad.


Ham and cheese croissant 75k


Turkey ham, emmental cheese, béchamel sauce and croissant. Served warm.


PAUL is popular with their croissant. That's why I had to order this one, because they recommended this for me. Turkey ham was the star, of course. Too bad, the cheese was less melted. I prefer if the cheese was super melted. But, it's true, their croissant was very scrumptious.


IMG_6215 IMG_6213



Nos croque-monsieur


Originating in a Parisian cafe at the beginning of the XX century, the croque-monsieur is a delicious soft bread sandwich served warm. A lovely way to discover our famous PAUL's "pain de mie."


Croque-madame 95k


Turkey ham, Emmental cheese, cream, pain de mid topped with a fried egg.


Croque-madame was actually a croque-monsieur topped with a fried egg. When I tried this one, it was surprisingly delicious. It looked so simple, but tasted super delish. The pain de mie was as good as I expected. The turkey ham and the emmental cheese mixed perfectly in my mouth. It's to-die-for!


Pain de mie is a type of sliced, packaged bread. "Le pain" in French means "bread" or "loaf of bread", and "la mie" refers specifically to the soft part of bread, called the crumb. In English, pain de mie is most similar to pullman loaf or regular sandwich bread. This bread has sugar in it, which makes it sweeter than most French breads. This bread is usually used for making sandwiches or for toasting. It can be baked in a sealed pan, which prevents crust from forming. If not baked in a sealed pan, the crust can be cut off (as done in factories before packaging). Pain de mie is sold in rounded or rectangular shapes.


IMG_6212 IMG_6211


Croque saumon poireaux 105k


Roasted salmon, leeks, cream, Emmental cheese and pain de mie.


It's the same crunchy toast with a very generous cheese and lovely taste of roasted salmon. It reminded me of my childhood. I used to eat tuna sandwich. This croque salmon was like the sandwich I used to eat.


IMG_4890



Nos crepes et paillassons: our pancakes


Discover the diversity of French pancakes thin pancakes filled with your favourite ingredients ("crepes") or potato pancakes baked to perfection and topped with a delicious garniture ("paillassons")


Crepe mixte 90k


Turkey ham and Emmental cheese


It's always fun to eat crepe. Either it was a sweet or savoury crepe. But this crepe mixte was very delicious. Turkey ham and Emmental cheese made a great collaboration inside a crepe. As I was writing this, I thought, "I wanna go back to PAUL just to eat this one again."


IMG_4879



Nos viandes et poissons: meat and fish main courses


Roasted, pan fried.. PAUL also loves meat and fish courses served with delicious sautéed potatoes or vegetables.


Cuisse de poulet rotie 130k


Roasted chicken leg with herbs, served with salad, sautéed potatoes and shallots


I ordered this dish twice. You can look by the difference of pictures below. But, even though the presentation was different, they tasted almost the same. I love their consistency. The chicken was juicy and not dry. It was splendid.


IMG_4885 IMG_0893



Nos tartelettes: our fruit tartlets


These tartlets are made with a sweet pastry case and filled with the tastiest ingredient: creme patissiere and fruits.. lemon cream flavoured with juice and zest.. or tempting chocolate cream!


Tartelette fraises 50k


Creme patissiere and strawberries.


First look, and I was in love. This tartlet was very beautiful and sensual. The tartlet crust was crunchy and savoury. The strawberries, as you can see in my photo, was sexy and looked mouthwatering, right? The pastry cream was sweet and light yet flavourful. It was a very nice combination between sour and sweet. fondre-dans-votre-bouche.


IMG_4896


Tartelette multifruits 50k


Creme patissiere and seasonal fruits


Another beautiful tartlet. Not really my favourite because too many fruits for me LOL. But, I agree, it was very beautiful to take pictures of this pastry. The tartlet crust was also crunchy and very tasty. Worth a try, I guess.


IMG_0909 IMG_0908



Nos eclairs: our eclairs


Paris has an excessive love for choux pastry. Eclairs are the best example of this passion: generously filled with chocolate or coffee flavoured creme patissiere and topped with glossy glazing. Also recreated by PAUL with whipped cream and fruits.


Eclair aux framboises 50k


Traditional choux pastry with raspberries and whipped cream.


In the family of berries, raspberries are the one that I like better, because it isn't as sour as the others. That's why I didn't complain when my friends ordered this one. It was awesome. The perfect texture of the eclair really amazed me. Say no more for this eclair. Fantastic!


IMG_6221 IMG_6223 IMG_0920



Nos Millefeuilles: our Napoleons


The French name of this patisserie refers to the many layers of pastry it is made from. This caramelised "feuillete" is filled with a "creme patissiere" made with eggs, milk and sugar.


Millefeuille chocolat 50k


Our famous Napoleon with chocolate creme patissiere filling.


I love millefeuille. Especially this millefeuille chocolat. The cream filling was sweet and light, surprisingly good. I thought it will be super sweet, but it's not. It just had the right texture and perfect taste. Recommended.


The mille-feuille (French pronunciation: ​[mil fœj], "a thousand leaves"), vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon, is a French pastryof which the exact origin is unknown. Traditionally, a mille-feuille is made up of three layers of puff pastry (pâte feuilletée), alternating with two layers of pastry cream (crème pâtissière), but sometimes whipped cream or jam are substituted. The top pastry layer is dusted with confectioner's sugar, and sometimes cocoa, pastry crumbs, or pulverized seeds (e.g. roasted almonds). Alternatively the top is glazed with icing or fondant in alternating white (icing) and brown (chocolate) stripes, and combed.


IMG_4914


Le grand macaron 60k


Almond macaroon, choose from: vanilla, pistachio, chocolate, raspberry or coffee.


This was the biggest macaron I've ever seen. Well, I'm not a macaron person. But I can eat it with joy if I want to. Actually, when a friend of mine ordered this macaron, I thought, "A macaron is only a macaron. It's just sweet. That's it." Funny thing, after I tried the macaron, I wanna order it again and again and again. It just had the right sweet. Just like that. *big grin*


IMG_4895


Pure Jee 90k


To thank a special friend who is a great fan of both chocolate and PAUL. "Pure Jee" .. the ever darkest chocolate pastry in our range!


I felt in love at the first sight. It was so beautiful, elegant, luxurious, sexy and mouthwatering. But, after one bite, I felt a little disappointed. It was just a chocolate cake with a sweet and bitter combinations. I found there's nothing special in this cake. Sorry to say. It was delicious, but not special. Well, maybe I had too much expectation.


IMG_6225 IMG_6226



Nos viennoiseries: our freshly baked French pastries


Almond Croissant 18k


This almond croissant was amazing. I really love how this super nutty croissant made my day. It was soft, mild and melted in your mouth. Almond croissant was my favourite croissant all year long. It's so nice to know that PAUL had that kind of croissant too :)


IMG_0910



Nos thés glaces: fresh iced teas


Iced tea of the day 45k


Just like any other tea. Fabulous.


IMG_4875


Thanks PAUL for coming to Jakarta. Hope to see you again soon :)


PAUL Bakery and Patisserie Jakarta
South Lobby, Pacific Place
(Outside Area of Galleries Lafayette)

Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Jakarta 12190
Phone: 021-57993455
FB Fan Page: Paul Indonesia
twitter: @PAULINDONESIA

Comments

Popular Posts