Chung Gi Wa Korean BBQ Kota Kasablanka Jakarta

December 16th, 2014. December 21st, 2014. December 31st, 2014. I went to Chung Gi Wa three times last year at the same month, December. LOL. Why? Because CGW just opened at Kota Kasablanka. I heard about this place a long time ago. But, nobody asked me to go there. So, it's just only a rumour in my ears. Yup, a rumour that this is the best Korean BBQ with reasonable price. So, when it's finally opened in KK, I thought, "I have to go there! HAVE TO!" Then one day, I went to CGW with my niece. My sister joined us too. The second time, I asked my husband and mom-in-law to try this place. And the third time, I forced my husband to take me there again hahaha..


IMG_7558


The place is quite spacious. You can eat inside or outside. If you wanna cook yourself, you should sit inside, but if you wanna let them cook for you, you can sit outside.


IMG_7547 IMG_7549 IMG_7560 IMG_7553 IMG_8375 IMG_7557


The displays they used at the place were so korean.. yeah, actually I've never been to Korea, but I can feel it hahahaha.. Too much watching korean movies, I guess :)


IMG_7555 IMG_7551 IMG_7561


Ok, now let's see the menu..


IMG_7564


Cold Ocha 30k


It's very refreshing. So cold because they put the jug in the fridge before given to the customers. And it's free refill!! Woohoo!!


IMG_7569 IMG_7571


Banchan


Don't forget to ask the egg pancake and the fried eggplant. Those were amazingly delicious!!!


Banchan (Hangul: 반찬; hanja: 飯饌; English pronunciation: /ˈbɑːntʃɑːn/; also spelled panch'an) refers to small dishes of food served along with cooked rice in Korean cuisine. This word is used both in the singular and plural. The word Banchan translated into English means side dish.


IMG_7565


Let's start to eat the meat with watercress leaves :)


IMG_8376 IMG_8382


Yang Yum Gui 87k


Marinated Pork Short Ribs


Remember. One portion for one person. After one bite, you won't share, trust me. It's so delicious you will be very possessive to the plate. The meat was juicy, tender and tasty. How to eat this? Just grab your watercress leaf, put the meat inside, wrap it, dip it to the sauce, and enjoy!


IMG_7579 IMG_7580 IMG_7857 IMG_8390 IMG_8396


Samgyopsal 87k


Pork Belly Skin Off


This was also good, but I prefer the previous one. Eat it the same way with the watercress leaves. If you like pork belly skin off, you will LOVE pork short ribs. :D


Samgyeopsal (삼겹살; Korean pronunciation: [sʰamɡjʌps͈al]) is a popular Korean dish that is commonly served as an evening meal. It consists of thick, fatty slices of pork belly meat. The meat, usually neither marinated nor seasoned, is cooked on a grill at the diners’ table. Usually diners grill the meat themselves and eat directly from a grill. It is most commonly dipped in sesame seed oil mixed with salt and pepper.


IMG_7575 IMG_7576 IMG_7577


Soondubu Chige 65k


Tofu Stew


It's a very fresh tofu stew. I love it because it's not that spicy, even though it looks so spicy I wanna close my eyes. Better eat while still hot. Because if it's getting cold, it just taste okay, not super delish.


Sundubu jjigae (순두부찌개) is a jjigae (Korean stew) in Korean cuisine. The dish is made with uncurdled dubu (tofu), vegetables, sometimes mushrooms,onion, optional seafood (commonly oysters, mussels, clams and shrimp), optional meat (commonly beef or pork), and gochujang (chili paste) or gochu garu(chili powder). The dish is assembled and cooked directly in the serving vessel, which is traditionally made of thick, robust porcelain, but can also be ground out of solid stone. A raw egg is put in the jjigae just before serving (also optional), and the dish is delivered while still bubbling vigorously. This dish is typically eaten with a bowl of cooked white rice and several banchan (side dishes).


IMG_7853


Jap Chae 95k


Stir Fried Noodles


Best jap chae, so far. But, it's pricey, I guess. The pork only 87k, but the jap chae 95k. Come on! I better order another portion of pork. But, you have to try it once. It's sweet but not overly sweet like the other jap chae I tried before. Also, too much vegetables, I think. Hahaha. Yeah, I prefer meat!! But, it's one of the recommended dish here. :)


Japchae, jabchae, chapchae, chop chae, or chap chae is a Korean dish made from sweet potato noodles (called dangmyeon, Korean: 당면), stir fried in sesame oil with vegetables (typically thinly sliced carrots, onion, spinach, and mushrooms), sometimes served with beef, and flavoured withsoy sauce, and sweetened with sugar. It is usually served garnished with sesame seeds and slivers of chili. It may be served hot or cold.


This dish is served at Korean parties and special occasions, with seasonal vegetables added.


Japchae is most commonly served as a side dish, though it may be a main dish. It is often served on a bed of rice; with rice it is known as japchae-bap (잡채밥), bap (밥) meaning "rice."


IMG_8385


Thank you so much Chung Gi Wa, for opening at Kota Kasablanka. Now I can eat CGW whenever I want. It's so close to my place, I can eat every single day lalalalala.. And it's not a rumour. It's the best korean BBQ so far!


Chung Gi Wa
Kota Kasablanka Level UG
Jl. Casablanca Raya
Jakarta
FB Fan Page: Chung Gi Wa

Comments

  1. Aduh ngiler... harus banget cobain ini! Baru tau jg Chung Gi Wa ada di Kokas.. It is definitely that good if you go there 3 times in a month ci hahaha. Makin ga sabar pengen coba :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha bln ini aja udah 2 kali 😄😄 enaaaaaaaaaak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts