Jakarta Coffee House Cipete Raya Jakarta

November 22nd, 2014. I went to Cipete Area. Yaaaaay. It's been a long time ago since I went there. I guess, Cipete is a nice place to spend the day with your bestest buddies. Our first place was Jakarta Coffee House. I remembered this place. Never been there, but I knew this place. Heard somewhere. "Now, here I am!!!"


Jakarta Coffee House is an Indonesian Arabica specialty coffee roaster, retailer, and consultant. We are obsessed with coffee, good quality coffee. Even with our 9 single origins we are still continue to search the best quality Indonesian coffee beans. Then we play around with the roasting profile to find the character that we think represent the origin. We do experiments in blending and manual brewing methods to deliver the exact taste that we are searching for. The next challenge is consistency, which is where the passion, experience and knowledge are tested.


We only serve Indonesian Arabica specialty coffee. We source and roast our own coffee. Our passion is to explore the character of Indonesian single origins. Our coffee shop is the center of our operation, where we roast and serve our coffee. The only way to make sure we can deliver the full experience of our coffee to our customers is opening our door to them. And most our customer are our friends now.


IMG_6279


The place wasn't so big. Just a small place but quite cozy for hang out with friends, or just some "me time" while drink coffee and listening to musics from your iPod. When I went there, there's a guy who work in his notebook while drinking coffee. So, it must be comfortable enough to have your "me time" there.


IMG_6307 IMG_6284 IMG_6287 IMG_6306 IMG_6305


Now for our orders..


IMG_6325


Aceh Gayo Organic 25k


Organic medium acidity with rich earthy undertones, vibrant and versatile.


This is not my order. I didn't try it. Why taking picture of it? Why not? LOL. I love taking picture. If I can, I will take picture of everybody's orders. Hahahaha.. *silly me* Yeah, but I heard their coffee was mind-blowing. So, again, why not? ;)


IMG_6293


Hazelnut Latte 35k


Looks good, rite? I tried a little bit, because I didn't drink coffee. It's delicious. Hazelnut never failed you, I guess. Ugh, I wanna eat Nutella right now.. Yup, every time I heard Hazelnut, I craved for Nutella. *wake up Yen. wake up.*


IMG_6295


Ice Chocolate 35k


Lucky me, they have ice chocolate :) So I could taste their quality of chocolate, and I could say, their ice chocolate was delish. Sometimes Ice Chocolate just taste so so. Same taste with any other ice chocolate. But, this one was one of the delicious Ice Chocolate I've ever tried. True. :)


IMG_6318


Choco Mousse 15k


The chocolate mousse was not bad. It's delicious, but nothing special about it. Must try the brownies next time :D


IMG_6291


Bitter Ballen 31k


This is terrific. Soft, moist, melt in your mouth. Dip it in the sauce, so delicious you won't stop eating it.


Bitterballen (plural of bitterbal) are a savoury Dutch meat-based snack, typically containing a mixture of beef or veal (minced or chopped), beef broth, butter, flour for thickening, parsley, salt and pepper, resulting in a thick roux. Most recipes include nutmeg and there are also variations utilising curry powder or that add in finely chopped vegetables such as carrot. The ingredients are combined and cooked, then refrigerated for the mixture to firm up. Once firm, the filling is rolled into balls roughly 3 to 4 cm in diameter, then battered in a breadcrumb and egg mixture and deep-fried. They are typically served with a ramekin or small bowl of mustard for dipping. They are eaten in Suriname, the Netherlands Antilles, the Netherlands, Belgium, to some degree in Indonesia, and hardly anywhere else. The very similar but spicy cutlets of Sri Lanka can also be made with fish instead of meat.


IMG_6321


It's nice to have some time here. Now, shall we continue our food journey? Let's!!


Jakarta Coffee House
Jl. Cipete Raya No. 2
Fatmawati, Jakarta
Phone: 021-75900570
FB Fan Page: Jakarta Coffee House
twitter: @Jkt_Coffeehouse

Comments

Popular Posts