Chatter Box Plaza Senayan Jakarta

August 12th, 2016. I've got mail! When I heard about the name of the place that I should come, I was a little bit shocked. "Well well well.. They still opened there. I thought they're closed!" And I was so excited, I went to Plaza Senayan around 3pm and waited for Aline (yes, she got the invitation too). At 6:45pm we walked to our destination. Chatter Box.


IMG_6876


Chatter Box was one of my family's favourite restaurant a long time ago. We used to eat at their Sogo's Plaza Indonesia or Setiabudi One's outlet. The Sogo's Plaza Indonesia outlet moved to Food Hall area. And the Setiabudi One's outlet had no longer there. Too bad, because now I'm staying near Setiabudi One. *sigh* Well, let me show you around the outlet. Not many photos, because it's not comfortable to take pictures while people still eating there.


IMG_6874 IMG_6878 IMG_6877 IMG_6875 IMG_6879


Chatter Box is having an event. Singapore Food Festival. Nyonya cuisine blends the delectable Chinese cooking inherited from the migrants dwelled in Malacca Peninsula with local dishes. In the spirit of celebrating Singapore Food Festival, Chatter Box proudly offers these tasteful Peranakan recipes.


Nyonya Fried Rice


Typical chinese fried rice. Not so special. I think they should add the spices more.


IMG_6873


Popiah


Popiah is eaten as a snack or as an accompaniment to the main meal. It is sold in most hawker-centers and "do-it-your-self" popiah party is quite popular. Here the wrappers are set aside and the guests just add in the ingredients of vegetables and meat.


IMG_6868


Nyonya Chap Chai


IMG_6872


Ayam Pong Teh


IMG_6871


Singapore Fried Meehon


This is better. I like the taste of it. And the texture of the meehon is perfect for my tastebud.


IMG_6870


Don't forget, they have live cooking every weekend for Popiah.


Chatter Box
Plaza Senayan
Sogo Department Store 5th Floor
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8
Jakarta
Phone: 021-57900057
IG: @chatterboxindonesia

Comments

Popular Posts