Kayu Manis Cafe and Bistro Ayaka Suites Jakarta

August 13th, 2016. I got weekend staycation at Ayaka Suites. You must see the reviews, right? Now, I wanna review about their restaurant. They have a restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kayu Manis Cafe and Bistro.


kayumanislogo


This comfortable Jakarta hotel also enthralls guests with its legendary Kayu Manis restaurant. Our professional chefs serve delectable, delightful dishes, ranging from Asian to Western cuisines.


It's a really nice restaurant. Spacious dining place with pool outside. And they have a lot of delicious food. I mean, a lot! They have salad, soup, appetizers, asian, western, hot stones, desserts, mocktails, chocolate, tea and coffee. You can pick anything you want. But the great thing about this place is their hospitality. Psst, they have one cute guy who will give you the best service with such adorable smile. I won't give you the name. You find out yourself. Just go there and find him. Hurry!! LOL.


SAM_5567 SAM_5565 SAM_5573 SAM_5572 SAM_5571



Breakfast time


IMG_6920 IMG_6921 IMG_6923 IMG_6924 IMG_6925 IMG_6926 IMG_6927 IMG_6928 IMG_6929 IMG_6955


For lunch and dinner, they served from appetizers to desserts.



SALAD & SOUPS


Ayaka Salad 50k


Lettuce, horenso, sliced chicken breasts in apple dressing


IMG_6938


Chopped Salad 50k


Romaine lettuce, chinese cabbage, red cabbage and shredded chicken breast in oriental dressing


IMG_6910


Tom Yum Prime Soup 130k


Spicy Tom Yum with refreshing young coconut water as the soup base with King prawn shrimp, served with inside whole coconut


If you like spicy tom yum, you should try this one. I prefer the not-too-spicy, but.. this is so good, I couldn't stop myself. I-have-to-finish-it. LOL. And I love the presentation. It's so cute, I wanna bring it home hahaha..


IMG_6916


Samgyetang 150k


Nourising Korean Ginseng Soup with a whole young chicken stuffed with dates, sticky rice and garlic in hot stone bowl


Not too herbs. That's what I like about this soup. It's very healthy yet delicious. Well, sometimes, a healthy food is not delicious. If it's delicious, it's not healthy. That's what I like about this soup. It's healthy. It's delicious. Best combination right?


IMG_6947


APPETIZERS


Ayaka Sandwich 65k


Smoked beef, beef bacon and whole grain mustard sauce


Sandwish is always a nice appetizer. It wouldn't make you too full and make you too hungry. It's just right.


IMG_6939


Chicken Ragout Risoles 40k


Deep fried risoles with chicken ragout filling


My favourite. I think I finished it by myself. Hahaha. It's so hard to find a delicioius ragout filling. But this chicken ragout filling? Perfect! Ask my hubby, he's the witness of my craziness about this risoles. In fact, I ate two plates, I think. *big grin*


IMG_6935


Red Chicken 40k


Marinated crispy chicken in red sauce


It's spicy. LOL. Spicy with sweet taste. Beware of the chillis. "It's very spicy," said my brother.


IMG_6940



ASIAN MAIN COURSE


Gurame Ayaka 120k


Deep fried gurame fish in Ayaka special homemade sauce


Tender fish with delicious sauce. What could go wrong with this Gurame? Nothing! Just another happy time to eat Gurame fish with your white rice and use your hands. Epic.


IMG_6941


Camio Garlick 40k


In oyster sauce


IMG_6953



WESTERN MAIN COURSE


Chicken Cordon Bleu 55k


Roll chicken with smoked beef, ham, and cheese with choice of BBQ Black Pepper/Mushroom sauce


Roll chicken. Smoked beef. Ham. Cheese. Perfect combination. Melt-in-your-mouth. The chicken was tender and juicy. Chicken Cordon Bleu is always one of my favourites dish. It's not very easy to make this one. But for my palate, Ayaka's Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the best.


IMG_6934


Lasagna 65k


Beef lasagna in tomato sauce


I love lasagna. But to be honest, I prefer more minced meat in it. Love the texture of the lasagna, though. Perfect for my tastebud. Just more minced meat *again* hahaha..


IMG_6936


Four Cheese Pizza 55k


Special thin crust pizza with four kinds of cheese


Perfetto! We love it! I didn't really like thin crust pizza. I prefer the thick crust pizza with many toppings. But this Four Cheese Pizza? Like I said before. Perfect. Great texture. Delicious taste. The bomb! Actually, it's very addicting. You don't believe me? Fine! Just try it and you tell me!


IMG_6944


Meat Lover Pizza 60k


Thin crust pizza with beef sausages, smoked beef and meat ball


It's good. But sorry, still the Four Cheese Pizza LOL.


IMG_6949



HOT STONE


BBQ Chicken 70k


Chicken leg in BBQ sauce with gochujang paste


This is good. Too bad I don't like spicy food. Not really like, I mean. So yeah, for you who like spicy chicken, try this. :)


IMG_6950


Hot Stone Galbi 185k


Must try! Mouth watering marinated bulkalbi


SPECTACULAR! Best galbi ever! Actually I was skeptical. I thought it will be dry and hard to chew. But, after one bite, I'm in love. It's really really really delicious. It's everyone's favourite! So, not only me who love it. Everybody loves it. It's tender and juicy and super delicious.


IMG_6952


Chicken Skewer 70k


Chicken and paprika skewers


The chicken was juicy and tender. I didn't eat the paprika LOL. If you like chicken skewer, you should try this one. Eat it with white rice, and don't forget to pour the sauce, delish!


IMG_6937


Hot Stone Bibimbap 70k


Korean style rice bowl


It's spicy. Not really my favourite. But those who like bibimbap, should order this. The vegetables are really fresh, and don't forget to stir it all. That's how you eat bibimbap. :)


IMG_6918



DESSERT


Pancake 40k


Pancake with brown sugar and cinnamon fillings, served with vanilla ice cream and rice malt syrup layered with our homemade maple syrup


Love the texture of the pancake. It's not the crunchy and crispy. It's the tender and fluffy. The vanilla ice cream and rice malt syrup were complimenting each other. And of course, the homemade maple syrup gave the final touch of this pancake. Superb!


IMG_6919


Mango Sticky Rice 40k


Thailand style mango sticky rice (seasonal)


Coconut Pudding 50k


Coconut pudding, coconut fla, red bean and banana, served inside whole young coconut with topping


Too bad I didn't trys this one. Why? I was so full! But I love the presentation. So cute and adorable.


IMG_6954



DRINK


Matcha Latte


Love it. Such a thirst-quenching. Just look at the photo and I want it again and again.


IMG_6951


Thank you so much Kayu Manis and Ayaka Suites. Thank you for those delicious food and dessert. Definitely will be back for the Risoles, Hot Stone Galbi and Four Cheese Pizza. And try another dish. And another dessert. And another drink. Hahaha. Such a cozy place to spend a day and another day and another day. Wait for me ya!!!


Kayu Manis Cafe & Bistro
Ayaka Suites
Jl. Karet Pedurenan No. 45
Setiabudi, Jakarta
Phone: 021-29037380/021-29037390
IG: @ayakasuites

Comments

Popular Posts