Fook Yew Gandaria City Jakarta

August 24th, 2016. After meet-up with my high school friends, I went to Gandaria City and met Brian there. We waited for Hans to come. Hurry up Hans!! Hurry up!! I was so hungry at the time. LOL. Yes, we wanna try some dishes from a restaurant there. Fook Yew.


IMG_7110


FOOK YEW Shanghai Bistro and Bubble Tea Lab is a fun casual Chinese eatery inspired by the tasty delicacies from the streets of Shanghai, set in an old-fashioned Chinese-pop-style canteen. 


FOOK YEW serves an exciting re-interpretation of classic Shanghai comfort food highlighted by its delicious SHENG JIAN BAO (Shanghainese Pan Fried Bun) and fun beverage creations from its innovative BUBBLE TEA LAB. Open all day, from brunch all through late night, the basic idea behind FOOK YEW is to present a different kind of fun ambiance you have never come across in other traditional Chinese bistros/restaurants. The interior and design concept integrate various fun classic Chinese clichés such as Chinese zodiacs, Chinese movies, Kung-Fu School, Chinese Pop Art, and many more.


FOOK YEW is dashing, funky Chinese, unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before. And remember… it’s NOT MADE IN CHINA.


IMG_7109 IMG_7111 IMG_7112 IMG_7113


Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon


classic milk tea with bubble


Best milk tea ever. Well, I never like milk tea hahaha. But this one, it's really different. Since the first time I tried, until now, it's still tasted the same. DELICIOUS! Yup, the one and only milk tea that I like so far.


IMG_7098


Peanut Butter Sheng Jian Bao 36k


My first bite. And it's da bomb. I always love peanut butter. And I just found out about this dish. I was so happy!! So happy! It's so delicious. I ate two. Hahaha. By the way, right this moment when I'm writing about this review, I'm in Pacific Place, and I plan to eat this again tonight at Fook Yew. Hooray!!


IMG_7099 IMG_7100 IMG_7102//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js


Jinshan Phoenix Dumpling 28k


Steamed dumplings with spinach, salted egg, and shrimp filling. Ecstasy in one bite! OMG! It's delicious, delicious and delicious. Dumpling is always good for snacking time. Great taste and flavourful. Light yet satiate.


IMG_7103


Six Sense Xiao Long Bao 55k


I didn't try the Xiao Long Bao. Too full. But Hans said it was good. :)


IMG_7108


Xiao Gan Olive Fried Rice 47k


Love it. When I first saw this olive rice, I thought, "I won't wanna try it. It doesn't look good." Well, you can see the colour. Black. Not tempting, right? But turned out, it's VERY delicious. Well, I forced myself to try it, and couldn't stop. By the way, I thought it came with squid. No, it's not squid. It's mushroom. Enoki, I guess. LOL.


IMG_7104


Guangzhou Crispy Duck (1/4) 115k


They said, "Our insanely delicious Guangzhou Crispy Duck is definitely worth hauling your bum out of bed for! Come one, come all!" And I said, "OMG! Tender and tasty crispy duck. OMG! Gimme more!" How to eat this one? Put it together in the bun. Just like the photo below.


IMG_7106 IMG_7115


Stir-fried Prawn with Gong Bao Sauce 97k


Cute presentation. The homemade fried bun is like a bowl. And very tasty. The Gong Bao Sauce is enhanced the flavour of the stir-fried prawn. Well, I love it. Really really love it. Perfectly good.


IMG_7107


Shanghai Almond Xinzhou Ice


Fresh for a hot day. Definitely a keeper.


IMG_7105


Thank you Fook Yew for those delicious dishes. I will be back for more food.


Fook Yew
Gandaria City Mall
Gandaria City Mainstreet Ground Floor, Unit MG25
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda, Kebayoran Lama
Jakarta
Phone: 021-29007897
IG: @fook_yew

Comments

Popular Posts