Cassis Kitchen Pavilion Apartment Retail Arcade Jakarta

April 28th, 2016. I came to a place that once a fine dining concept. They changed the concept to be a casual one. And they had new name yaaaaay. LOL. Well, it was a French restaurant. Near me. I used to pass by this place and thought, "I wish one day I can come and eat those expensive meal." Voila. Cassis Kitchen.


IMG_5213


They had a dinner for foodies. Yes, dinner. At night. *sigh* So yeah, pardon my photos. I was afraid, they were all in bad qualities. *sobbing* But I hope I still can make you all drool while looking at my photos hehehe. First of all, I would like to show you around the place. It's my first time too, so I was also excited. Still, too bad it's at night. If it's at noon, definitely my photos will be more beautiful and clear. But, enjoy lah.



Outdoor


IMG_5210 IMG_5211 IMG_5214 IMG_5208



Indoor


IMG_5215 IMG_5216 IMG_5218



A NEW TASTE TO CHILL


IMG_5203 IMG_5202



STARTER


Raspberry Granita


The raspberry granita was so fresh. Sweet, sour and cold, it will make your eyes wide awake LOL.


IMG_5220


Bread and Butter


IMG_5227



WINES


2013, Bouchard Père et Fils, Blanc La Vignée, Chardonnay


Aromatic bouquet. Round - though not heavy - and silky, with charming fruitiness.


IMG_5233


2015, Babich, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough


The 2015 Sauvignon Blanc is pungent with grapefruit, latana and blackcurrant. The entry is sweet-fruited and juice with tropical fruits and blackcurrant. The balance is fresh and lingering.


IMG_5235


2007, Montes, Napa Angel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa


Full-bodied wine with firm, soft tannins. Deep and intense garnet red. Rich and harmonious with an integrated, mature and mellow fruit character that makes this wine elegant and silky and opulent at the same time. In the mouth-feel it has a lingering character given by the Oak Knoll and Yountville gravely terroirs. Generous fruit expression with hints of blackberries, plums and layers of black cherries. Velvety in the mid palate, with nuances of perfectly integrated French oak. Nice long finish. A wine to be aged for at least 15 years or to be enjoyed now.


IMG_5242



SMALL PLATES FOR SHARING


Cobb Salad 95k


Baby Gem, tomato, emmenthaler, bacon, red onion, cheddar cheese, egg, avocado, zesty tomato dressing


pairing with 2013, Bouchard Pere Et Fils, Blanc La Vignee, Chardonnay


So many colors, flavors, and textures. Beautiful in presentation, right? Ok, for my next diet *I don't know when hahaha* I will eat this kind of salad. LOL. Simply delicious. I mixed those ingredients altogether and the result was: overwhelming. I didn't eat the avocado. But the cheese was the most delicious ingredient in it. Hihihihi. Yaaaay for cheeselovers!!!


The Cobb salad is a main-dish American garden salad made from chopped salad greens, tomato, crisp bacon, boiled, grilled or roasted chicken breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado, chives, Roquefort cheese, and red-wine vinaigrette.


IMG_5236


Pan Roasted Alaskan Scallops 150k


Beach mushrooms, edamame, citrus brown butter


pairing with 2015, Babich, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough


When I heard scallop, I always expected an elegant dish. And yes, this dish was just as perfect as my expectation. It was sweet, tender, mild, and delectable. I ate two. LOL. Scallop was one of my favourites. The first one was foie gras. Or pork? Hmm.. cannot decide now. I think it's a draw between them. Hahaha.. Ok back to scallop. Actually the tender-chewy texture was the best texture for scallop. The mushroom and edamame enhanced the beauty of this dish. Sexy.


IMG_5237


Spicy Tuna Tacos 75k


Spicy tuna tartare, chives, corn tortilla


pairing with 2015, Babich, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough


Delicious!! I love this taco. The size was small so it's easy to eat, and it's so crunchy. Love love love. The tuna was fresh and tasty. Melt-in-your-mouth. Addicting! Combination of sweet, sour, spicy and buttery. Recommended!


IMG_5238



LARGE PLATES


Steak Frites (240gr) 350k


USDA Prime sirloin, natural cut fries, watercress, maitre'd butter


I ate this steak frites with no regret at all. Along with the other main course, I believed this one was the best. The juicy and tender meat with melting maitre'd butter. Heaven in your mouth. It's very easy to fall in love with this dish. Recommended!


pairing with 2007, Montes, Napa Angel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa


IMG_5247 IMG_5249


Caramelized Duck 225k


Wild mushrooms, gnocchi, asparagus, chimichurri


The duck was caramelized to perfection. I didn't try the gnocchi, but my friend looked so happy to eat the dish, so I guess, it was delicious enough to make him smiled so happily. The chimichurri sauce enhanced the flavour of the duck. But still, I prefer my steak frites. LOL.


pairing with 2013, Bouchard Pere et Fils, Blanc La Vignee, Chardonnay


Chimichurri or chimmichurri is a green sauce used for grilled meat, originally from Argentina. It is made of finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, vegetable oil, oregano, and white vinegar.


IMG_5245


Angel Hair Mentaiko 185k


Angel hair pasta, blue prawn, spicy mentaiko, garlic, basil puree


Love the texture of this angel hair. Well, actually, I prefer spaghetti for pasta. But for angel hair pasta, when you make the pasta perfectly cooked, it became my favourite. And like this dish, the pasta was well-cooked and well-seasoned. I just tried a little, I guess I should try another portion later. LOL.


pairing with 2015, Babich, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough


Mentaiko (明太子) is the marinated roe of pollock and cod is a common ingredient in Japanese cuisine.


IMG_5243


Pan Roasted Whole Baramundi 210k


Peas puree, pickled red onion, basil foam


I didn't try this one, so yeah, you better try it by yourself to know the taste of it. Bonne chance!!


pairing with 2015, Babich, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough


IMG_5244



DESSERT FOR SHARING


O° Celcius 108k


Seasonal sorbet, exotic fruit and prosecco


Ice bowl with unique presentation. Exotic fruits. Pour the prosecco. Magnificent!


Prosecco is an Italian white wine. Prosecco DOC can be spumante, frizzante, or tranquillo, depending on the perlage. It is made from Glera grapes, formerly known also as Prosecco, but other grape varieties may be included.


IMG_5259


Banana Choco Sphere 108k


Salted caramel, edible Soil


Banana ice cream with caramelized banana inside the chocolate sphere. Pour the hot salted caramel sauce and enjoy the transformation. LOL. It will melt your heart, like the shape of it hihihihi.. Ah, the edible soil. The best! I couldn't stop munching the edible soil. Scrumptious!


IMG_5251 IMG_5260 IMG_5261 IMG_5254


Thank you Cassis Kitchen for the lovely dinner. And also thanks for the cotton candy. It was one of the best closure for the night.


IMG_5265


Cassis Kitchen
Pavilion Apartment Retail Arcade
Jl. Kh. Mas Mansyur
Jakarta
Phone: 021-57941500
IG: @cassiskitchen

Comments

Popular Posts