[HOTEL] SenS Hotel & Spa + Conference Ubud Town Centre Bali - Part One

April 29th, 2016.



DAY ONE


Started my journey to Island of God with fellow foodies. What a nice experience. I think, it was my second time to Ubud. Last time, I went to Nusa Dua and Seminyak area. So yeah, I guess now it's time for me to explore Ubud. Well, they said, it's the only hotel in Ubud area. The others were resorts. After 2 hours flight with Lion Air and almost 2 hours drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport, there we were. SenS Hotel & Spa.


Discover elegant, contemporary aesthetics graced by artwork and architecture that reflect the artisan heritage of Bali’s cultural capital at the new SenS Hotel and Spa + Conference, Ubud Town Centre. Whether you are travelling for business, leisure or little bit of both, you’ll find the perfect combination of comfort and convenience, of value and indulgence, all within walking distance of Ubud Royal Palace, Sacred Monkey Forest, museums, art galleries, shopping, dining, and cafes. With a commitment to the warmth and caring of Asian hospitality, SenS Hotel and Spa + Conference offers a boutique hotel experience beyond expectations.



IMG_5280
Welcome Drink

Erected on the grounds of Peliatan Kingdom’s extended royal family, minutes walk away from Ubud Market and Ubud Palace, SenS Hotel & Spa + Conference Ubud Town Center is a refreshing addition to the Ubud hospitality scene. SenS represents the fulfillment of a promise to deliver “a boutique experience beyond expectations” to discerning leisure and business travellers who recognize and seek quality, comfort, convenience and value.


The origin of the name SenS is French and has a double meaning. SenS is the name of a commune in the Burgundy region in north-central France, 120 km from Paris. It is crossed by the Rivers Yonne and Vanne. SenS is steeped in history. It has, over time, been an important Roman settlement; the capital of the Senones, a powerful Gallic tribe; and an important religious center and ecclesiastical hub.


SenS, in the French language, also means sense, way, feeling, direction, consciousness, opinion and meaning.


In whatever we do, we aim to be most SenSible, be it in the design of our comfortable and contemporary accommodations with thoughtful conveniences for our guests, our interactions with our guests and our community, or the quality of our service. No detail is too small in achieving a sense of simplicity and purpose. Warm Asian hospitality with personalized service is at the heart of all that SenS and our impeccably trained team has to offer.


Located in the centre of Ubud, Bali, SenS was just a 10-minute walk from Ubud Market and Ubud Royal Palace. Very easy to find the hotel. When I stepped inside the hotel, I felt like I was home. The lobby wasn't spacious but quite comfortable with great hospitality.


Lobby Lounge


Whether you are enjoying a welcome drink or pre-dinner cocktails, our Lobby Lounge invites you to relax and unwind with friends as you share stories of your day’s adventures or plan the evening’s entertainment.


IMG_5307 IMG_5320 IMG_5308



SUPERIOR KING ROOM (Room 116)


Stylish and modern, our Superior rooms come with luxurious touches and amenities that make your stay with us the perfect getaway. All our rooms are non-smoking and have either a king or two twin beds. 22 sq m.


Amenities:
Pillow Menu
King or 2 Twin Beds
SenS Yukata Bathrobes
High Speed Wireless Internet
Air Conditioning
Cable TV
Tea/Coffee Makers
Mini Fridge
Room Service
Iron/Ironing board
Hairdryer
Telephone
Work Desk
Personal Safe


My room was definitely comfy. It's not super big, but made me wanna stay all day long in the room. The bedroom was super relaxing. Too bad we had a very busy schedule. I just wanna stay in bed and enjoying my me-time. But, yeah, we were in the middle of media trip, so I had to follow the schedule. Say good bye to my bed. "See you soon tonight," I said. LOL. By the way, 4 complimentary bottled water per room made me wanna smile all day long. I won't get dehydrated there. Hahaha..


IMG_5302 IMG_5285 IMG_5288 IMG_5287 IMG_5295 IMG_5299 IMG_5282 IMG_5291 IMG_5300 IMG_5290



PLAY IN SENS UBUD


Swimming Pool


Jump in or bring a book and enjoy the sun.


Love the pool. Good thing I got a chance to try the pool with Dandy. Had so much fun!!!


IMG_5304 IMG_5303 IMG_5305 IMG_5306 IMG_5359


Gym and Meeting Rooms


Invigorate yourself with a morning run on the treadmill, or simply keep up with your exercise regime while on the road.


At SenS Ubud, our facilities, location and service combine to provide a setting that inspires camaraderie and heightens engagement. From corporate meetings to team retreats to fundraisers , you can rest easy knowing that we’ll anticipate your needs before you’ve even thought of them. Let your guests and clients relax and focus on what’s important.


IMG_5331 IMG_5332 IMG_5338



TEA TIME


Yonne Cafe and Bar


Our signature restaurant serves up international favourites and the best of Balinese and Asian cuisine prepared in a vibrant show kitchen. With its elegant curves and effortless sense of space, Yonne Café offers a welcoming and chic, yet comfortable ambience with a view of the pool. Dine in air-conditioned comfort or al fresco. Big game on? Follow the action with other guests on our large-screen TV. And don’t forget to try our pastry chef’s latest creations on display.


IMG_5360 IMG_5309 IMG_5315 IMG_5310 IMG_5311 IMG_5313 IMG_5314 IMG_5318 IMG_5319



DINNER


We had such a lovely dinner, creation by Chef Mathew Wood. It's really a surprise for me because I thought the dinner was a buffet dinner. Turned out it was ala carte. Actually we had cooking class before the dinner, and the pastry chef showed us how to make desserts. Well let me show you my dinner on that night.


Appetizer: Chicken Soup


Served with tomato and leeks, the soup was very fresh and delicious. I loved it. The chicken was very generous, but you had to stir the spoon to find the chicken. They're hiding below the bowl LOL.


IMG_5350


Main Course: Balinese Set Menu


Yellow rice set menu with grilled shrimp and chicken, a heaven in my mouth. I love the shrimp. Sweet and fresh. The meat was tender and juicy. There's a story about this menu. My friends gave me their portion of shrimp and chicken. So, I got 3 shrimps and 3 chickens in my plate. And when they asked to me, "How's the food?" I answered, "Great!" And they all said together, "Of course it's great. You ate 3 chickens!" Hahaha. I was bullied that night. But still happy. :) Yeah right! 3 chickens!


IMG_5353


Dessert: Eclaire and Chocolate Volcano


Served with jelly. Love the swan eclair. Although at first I thought it looked like dinosaur. Hahahaha. And the chocolate volcano was good even though the texture of the chocolate didn't melt as I expected.


IMG_5356 IMG_5357



BALINESE DANCE PERFORMANCE


Tirtasari Dancer and Musicians of Peliatan


Every Friday at 7.30 PM - Balerung Stage


Program:


Instrumental: Sekar Gendot (Sekar Jepun)
Puspa Mekar (Lambangsari)
Legong Lasem (also Legong Keraton)
Kebyar Terompong (Kebyar Duduk)
Legong Jobog
Barong Taru Pramana


There were so many foreign people watching the Balinese dance performance. I guess they found it was beautiful and enchanting. I myself found it a little bit scary. Especially when the barong came and just stood there. Hahahaha. When a monkey came, I jumped LOL. I was relieved when it was over. *wiped my sweat*


IMG_3488



to be continued

Comments

Popular Posts