[EVENT] Satoo Garden Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta

June 16th, 2015. Satoo Garden Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta invited us for introducing their Ramadhan Shisha Tent. I've never tried Shisha. Yes, it's my first time. I read about shisha a long time ago. I thought it's like some marijuana LOL. But I know now that it's not. Hahaha.. Ok, back to Satoo Garden. I met some well-known foodies there. Soya, Jesfrid, Prawnche, Agung, Fiona, Windy and Danny. Nice to meet you guys.


IMG_5446 IMG_5443


Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta will transport guests to the Middle East with an enchanting ambiance of the Ramadhan tent at SATOO Garden. Guests can relax and unwind over various flavours of Shisha and an assortment of delectable Middle Eastern snacks like Shish Taouk, Pistachio Baklava to Kebab Halabi. The colourful element of the Middle East will be completed with the sound of alluring Arabic instrument played throughout the evening.


When I came to Satoo Garden, which located near swimming pool and connected to Satoo Restaurant, I was amazed by their decorations. It's like I'm in the middle of Middle East. Too bad I didn't bring my kaftan dress. I should wear it and did my belly-dance *big grin*


IMG_5432 IMG_5442 IMG_5441 IMG_5440 IMG_5434 IMG_5445 IMG_5435


SATOO, the hotel’s international buffet restaurant will bring a delight to this year’s Ramadhan through its sumptuous iftar feast specially catered by the hotel’s culinary experts. Available at 372k++ per person on Sunday to Thursday and  398k++ per person on Friday and Saturday, guest are able to break the fast in style while amusing their taste buds with lavish options from European specialties, Asian delicacies to appetizing Middle Eastern classics served on the restaurant’s vibrant 12 open kitchen stations.



SHISHA TENT SNACK MENU


Mezze Platter 120k


Hummus, Tabouleh, Mutabbal, Labneh, Pita bread


I just tried the mezze platter a bit, because I didn't really like it. Not my favourite hehehe.. Well, they should go inside the pita bread, and ate it altogether. ButI just tried them one by one, then I ate the pita bread. Love the pita bread. :)


IMG_5459


Kebab Halabi Wraps 175k


Lamb skewer wraps with onion salad, garlic yoghurt dipping


I love kebab. I used to eat a kebab from a fast food restaurant. But this kebab halabi was different because of the dipping. It used garlic yoghurt dipping. It's quite unique. Not my favourite, but some people would find it delicious.


Kebab, (also kebap, kabob, or kabab) is a Middle Eastern, Eastern Mediterranean, and South Asian dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables roasted or grilled on a skewer or spit originating in the Eastern Mediterranean, where it is mentioned by Homer, or the Middle East, and later adopted in Central Asia and by the regions of the former Mongol Empire and later Ottoman Empire, before spreading worldwide.


Kebab Halabi: A kind of kebab served with a spicy tomato sauce and Aleppo pepper, very common in Syria and Lebanon, named after the city of Aleppo (Halab).


IMG_5458


Shish Taouk 160k


Grilled spicy chicken skewers with hummus dipping and pita bread


I liked this skewers. It was paired with pita bread and hummus dipping. The grilled chicken was tender and juicy. I didn't dip it in hummus or put it in pita bread. I just ate it and enjoyed the tenderness. It was good to have a tender and juicy skewer. Sometimes it was too hard to chew. But this shish taouk was perfect.


Shish taouk (Arabic: شيش طاووق‎, Turkish: Şiş tavuk or Tavuk şiş, Azerbaijani: Toyuq kababı) is a traditional shish kebab of Middle Eastern cuisine,which is made in kabab houses in many cities around the world. A similar dish in Persian cuisine is the traditional jujeh kabob. The dish consists of cubes of chicken that are marinated, then skewered and grilled. Common marinad es are based upon yogurt and lemon juice or tomato puree, though there are many variations. Shish taouk is typically  with toum (garlic paste).


IMG_5464


Indian Samosa 120k


Deep fried vegetable samosa with mint and mango chutney


This samosa was quite big. It's like "pastel" in Indonesia hihihi. The mango chutney was unique yet delicious. It balanced the flavour of the deep fried vegetable samosa.


A samosa /səˈmsə/ or samoosa is a fried or baked pastry with savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils and also with minced meat (lamb, beef or chicken), and sometimes pine nuts. 


IMG_5462


Pistachio Baklava ala Jakarta 100k


Layers of phyllo pastry with pistachio


My second Baklava. LOL. And I fell in love again. Whoaaaa.. I really love baklava. And it's pistachio!!! Ugh, I forgot to take it home. OMG. I should take it home. *sobbing* Actually it's sweeter than my first baklava. But, that's what I like about my life.. errr.. I mean, baklava. Just like a quote I heard somewhere, "I don't always eat baklava. But when I do, I eat the whole tray." I wish I did the same. *sigh*


Baklava (/ˈbɑːkləvɑː/, /bɑːkləˈvɑː/, or /bəˈklɑːvə/; Ottoman Turkish: باقلوا [bɑːklɑvɑː]) is a Middle-Eastern dessert. It is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey. 


IMG_5460/p>


Indonesian Sweets 85k


Assorted traditional cakes


Traditional cakes from Indonesia. It's always delicious. You will have traditional cupcake, layers cake, talam cake, traditional pancake roll, etc. And they were all delicious!!! Love them.


IMG_5456


* The samosa and Indonesian sweets are also available at SATOO's buffet.



SHISHA MENU


100k per flavour



Double apple
Mint
Melon
Orange
Strawberry
Grape


This was my first time! Yaaaaay! My first shisha. Well, what is shisha? Let me share what I saw on internet.


A hookah (Persian: قلیان [qalyān]; Hindustani: हुक़्क़ा (Devanagari) حقّہ (Nastaleeq)[hukkā], ḥuqqah, Hukić—also known as a waterpipe, narghile, arghila, qalyān,shisha, or by other names) is a single or multi-stemmed instrument for vaporizing and smoking flavored tobacco called shisha in which the vapor or smoke is passed through a water basin—often glass-based—before inhalation.


Mu‘assel (Arabic: معسل‎ which means "honeyed"), or shisha, is a syrupy tobacco mix containing molasses and vegetable glycerol which is smoked in a hookah. Typical flavors of mu‘assel include apple, grape, guava, lemon, mint, as well as many other fruit based mixes. Unusual flavors, including white gummy bear, blueberry muffin, and Powerbull flavor (similar to the flavor of a Red Bull energy drink), have been introduced in recent years.


So, they gave me a tip to each one of us. Then, I tried the shisha. And it was so easy. Just inhaled the smoke, but I didn't swallow it. LOL. Then exhaled it through mouth or nose. Hahaha. So fun to see smoke coming out of my nose. I was so happy. Ok, just for fun. I didn't want myself to become addicted to shisha. :)


IMG_5431 IMG_5433 IMG_5444 IMG_5448 IMG_5466


Shisha and shisha snack menu are available at SATOO Garden, from June 17th to July 16th, 2015 from 6pm to 10pm.


Thanks Shangri-La Hotel and Satoo Garden. Thanks for the lovely buffet and snack menu and the shisha, and of course, the fun!! See you again anytime soon.


Satoo Garden, Satoo Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta
Kota BNI, Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jakarta 10220
Phone: 021-29399562
IG: @shangrilajkt

Comments

Popular Posts