[CLOSED] The Usual City Plaza Gatot Subroto Jakarta

June 6th, 2015. I went to The Usual. Located in City Plaza, near Wisma Mulia, Gatot Subroto, The Usual transformed from a fine dining place into a casual one. The place hadn't re-open yet, that's why I couldn't take picture of their facade.


Screen-Shot-2015-06-11-at-5.56.10-PM


the picture above edited from @theusualjkt


I went there for dinner, so it's quite dark, please pardon my photos. I just took a few pictures. They're opening the place on Tuesday 9th June 2015, so it's your chance to see the place.


IMG_5064 IMG_5065 IMG_5070 IMG_5072



STARTER


Pear and Aragula Salad


Aragula leaves served with sliced pear, crumbled feta cheese and honey mustard dressing


Salad. Salad. Salad. *sigh* Well, it's quite delicious. And it's because the crumble feta cheese. LOL. Mix everything savoury with cheese, and it became super duper delicious. Good thing that the honey mustard dressing wasn't too sour. I didn't like sour dressing salad. So, yes, this one was a fine salad for me. :)


IMG_5082


Tomato Soup


Amazing. It's not like any other tomato soup. Sometimes tomato soup was just a sour soup. But, this tomato soup was fresh and not too sour, just perfect for my taste bud. And we love the dry bread. It's crispy and crunchy. Just the right bread to dip in the tomato soup.


IMG_5085



MAIN COURSE


Stuffed Chicken Leg


Spinach and mushroom-stuffed chicken leg served with tagliatelle pasta, carrots and saffron cream


For pasta, I prefer spaghetti. That's why I just tasted the chicken leg. The chicken was tender and savoury. The spinach and the mushroom were complimenting each other. And I love the lightness of the saffron cream. It didn't intimidate the dish.


IMG_5093


Asam Padeh Barramundi


Baked Barramundi in Traditional Indonesian Sauce, Served with Butter Rice


The barramundi was delicious. Some foodies told us that it was fishy, but good thing, our barramundi was just fine. The fish was soft and very tender. The soup was fresh and a little bit spicy, but mostly fresh. The texture of the butter rice was smooth and buttery. It was really a great combination between the butter rice and the baked barramundi with the fresh soup. Recommended.


IMG_5094


Gyu Tan Don


Korean style beef tongue served with jasmine rice


Again, some foodies told me that the beef tongue was hard to chew. Good thing, my gyu tan don was juuuuuuust fine!!! The beef tongue was generous and not too chewy. Well, not tender and moist like fish meat, of course, but just a right texture, I guess. Tasted so good, I finished it in a sudden. Hahaha. I had to save a little for Fio to try, but I had no idea where she was. So, well, yeah, finished it!!


IMG_5088


Nasi Gila


Street-style fried rice served with beef, scramble eggs, sausages, pickles, and chili


It's not mine, so I just tried it a little. It's a common fried rice, but they used the name "crazy rice (nasi gila)" to make it a little bit unique. CMIIW. Sometimes it represented the level of spiciness. More spicy, more crazy. But I guess it's not that spicy, because I still could try this nasi gila with happy face.


IMG_5090



DESSERT


Coffee Jelly


Served with rum raisin sauce peanut crunch


IMG_5076


Carrot Cake


I think it's the best carrot cake ever. The texture was very soft. And I didn't catch any smell of carrot. Yup, usually I didn't like the smell of carrot cake because it smell like carrot LOL. Curious? Just try this one. Recommended!!!


Carrot cake is a cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. The carrot softens in the cooking process, and the cake usually has a soft, dense texture.


IMG_5098


Thanks The Usual for serving us delicious food and desserts. And congratulations for the soft opening. Best wishes from all of us. :) Keep up the good food.


The Usual
City Plaza at Wisma Mulia
Suite UG-05
Jl. Jend Gatot Subroto No. 42
Jakarta
Phone: 021-29306631
IG: @theusualjkt

Comments

  1. Drool-some photos! ;) Looks worth going Ciyen! Harganya gimana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellyna. duh, deg2an dipuji sama kamuh. Nah itu dia, gak ada harganya di menu yg dibagi2in hahaha.. next time ke sana aku update harga ya :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts