Hogs Breath Cafe Saloon and Grill Central Park Mall Jakarta

July 14th, 2015. Finally, I came to Hogs Breath Cafe, Saloon and Grill at Central Park Mall. They invited me for their grand launching at the end of May but I couldn't come. So when I came to Central Park, I decided to try this place.


IMG_5979


Australia’s renowned Steakhouse, Hog’s Breath Café, in collaboration with PT. Indophoenix Global, has opened its first outlet in Jakarta since June 2014. Located in the breezy outdoor-facing area of Tribeca Park in Central Park Mall, Hog’s Breath Café Saloon & Grill Jakarta has been serving authentic western cuisine and beverages to its patrons whilst providing a fun casual dining atmosphere.


Let me show you around the place :) It's not very spacious, and even though they had 2 levels, but they haven't use it. I went there with fellow foodies. We were having fun there :) The cafe itself looked so cool. I felt like I was in some cool bar I saw in some movies or TV series. Cool, aight?


IMG_5980IMG_5981IMG_5982IMG_5983IMG_5984



The Menu


IMG_5986


Finger Food Combo 98k


A platter of potato skins, buffalo wings, crumbed chicken tenders, salt and pepper dusted calamari with lime sweet chilli sauce and our Hog's Breath honey mustard.


I love the crumbed chicken tenders, potato skins and calamari. I didn't like the buffalo wings. It's a little bit spicy, and too dry. But overall, I love this finger food combo. You can eat this with friends. Especially the one who love to hang out with you for some time. And you can choose the sauces. They served it with chilli sauce and honey mustard sauce. You can choose which one you like.


IMG_5988


Smoked Pork BBQ Ribs 178k [half rack]


Hog's Style braised pork spare ribs basted in our very own Hickory Smoked Barbecue Sauce and served with curly fries or mash and seasonal vegetables or salad.


This is one of their signatures. The pork was very tender and juicy. I didn't really like the additional sauce, so I ate without the sauce. I love the curly fries!! Really love it. The texture was perfect with just the right taste. Recommended!


IMG_5994


Thanks Hog's Breath for your hospitality. Congratulations for your 1st anniversary. I will come back for your dessert. Some people said that I should try your dessert LOL. See you soon.


**********


August 23rd, 2015. I came again to Hog's Breath for the second time. I will show you what I ate that day. I went there as a special guest for #GWStarving's invitation. LOL.



Appetizer


Jumbo Combo 149k


A platter of potato skins, buffalo wings, crumbed chicken tenders, Prawn Spring rolls, Monterey Cheese Sticks, portion of curly fries, salt and pepper dusted calamari with lime sweet chilli sauce and our Hog's Breath honey mustard.


It's literary Finger Food Combo with additional Prawn Spring rolls, Monterey Cheese Sticks and a portion of curly fries.


IMG_7282


Macho Nacho 78k


Crisp tortilla chips staked high with melted cheese, chilli con carne and topped with Mexicana salsa, sour cream and guacamole.


IMG_7300



Main Course


Smoked Pork BBQ Ribs (Full Rack) 298k


Hog's Style braised pork spare ribs basted in our very own Hickory Smoked Barbecue Sauce and served with curly fries or mash and seasonal vegetables or salad.


I ate this pork ribs again. And I fell in love over and over again. LOL. It's the same taste. Juicy and tender. Love it. And the curly fries? Too die for!


IMG_7302


Beef Short Ribs with Herbs BBQ Sauce 228k


Marinated, braised and char grilled to tender perfection and smothered in our special herb BBQ Sauce and served with fresh salad or vegetables and curly fries.


I tried this one a small bite. Tasted amazing with the herbs BBQ sauce. It's perfectly tender too. I recommended this one for those who loves beef ribs. Ugh, those meat!!


IMG_7308


Australian Lamb Shank 188k


Traditionally braised lamb fore-shanks served with creamy mash, steamed vegetables and basted with its own lamb gravy.


Funny thing, someone told me that it was pork knuckle! OMG! And I believed him. But, I smelled something that alert me, "It's not pork! It's not pork!" And, after I confirmed the owner, yes, it's lamb!! Wow, finally, I can declare myself as a foodie hahahahahaha.. This lamb shank was delicious and amazingly tender! But, I still smelled a lamb's aroma. A little bit. But, yeah, another recommendation from me.


IMG_7316


Blue Cheese Prime Rib Steak 249k


Prime Rib steak seared on the char-grill and then topped with our own blue cheese ranch dressing.


This was the winner! I couldn't stop eating this. I just couldn't. And thank goodness, nobody knew. Hahahahaha. Or they pretended to not care? LOL. This steak was tender, juicy, addicting. I asked my friend to refill my plate all day long hahahaha.. The blue cheese dressing was.. hmmm.. tempting..


IMG_7319


El Grande Prime Rib Steak 249k


Prime Rib steak topped with Mexican salsa, warm cheese sauce and sliced jalapeños.


2015-09-10-12.01.53-1-01


Calamari Prime Rib Steak 259k


Tender Prime Rib steak topped with crispy crumbed salt and pepper crumbed calamari rings and lime chilli sauce.


The Prime Rib was definitely tender. I didn't have to explain anything, right? The calamari rings were well-seasoned. But I didn't try the lime chilli sauce. Come on. Chilli. Not my favourite. So, I prefer this one without the sauce. :P


IMG_7317


Garlic Prawn Prime Rib Steak 269k


Flame-grilled Prime Rib steak with juicy, fresh prawns in Hog's own garlic and white wine cream sauce.


IMG_7318



Dessert


Key Lime Cheese Cake 55k


Creamy, Cheesy, tangy lime flavoured served with cream and ice cream.


Actually I didn't like cheese cake. But this key lime cheese cake had a mild texture and light tangy taste. It's creamy but still light. I ate and finished it in a jiffy, because everybody had already full. It's the collaboration of sour and sweet. Perfect.


IMG_7321


Banana Split Sundae 65k


Banana served with crushed nuts, cream and ice cream, and garnished with a chocolate wafer. Add your choice of topping - chocolate, caramel or strawberry.


IMG_7323


Grandma's Trifle Sundae 68k


2 scoops of vanilla and 1 scoop of strawberry ice cream layered with jam rolled sponge cake, vanilla custard, Aeroplane Strawberry Jelly, and finished with whipped cream and toasted coconut. 


IMG_7326


Thanks again Hog's Breath for your hospitality. Thanks #GWStarving for inviting me to your meet up. Thank you.


Hog's Breath Cafe
Central Park Mall
Tribeca Park GF #15
Jl. S.Parman Kav. 28
Jakarta Barat
Phone: 021-53662815
IG: @hogsbreath_id

Comments

Popular Posts