Orenchi Ramen Mangga Besar Jakarta

April 20th, 2015. I went to Orenchi Ramen with a friend. Actually my friend, Tim, he texted me a couple days before, told me about this place. He said the ramen was delicious, authentic, and I should try. So, when he offered to pick me up, I was agree right away. Well, it's Mangga Besar, definitely not my favourite area to hang out alone. And I was very curious because never heard about ramen at Mangga Besar area. So, we scheduled some time to meet, and on Monday, he picked me up around 4 pm. Then we headed to Orenchi Ramen. Located beside Lawson, so it's easy to find it if you can spot Lawson LOL. Btw, Orenchi means My House. I guess they hope everyone will think the place as homey as their own house.


IMG_3360



Interior


The place was not extremely spacious but it's very cozy. Dominated with red and brown colours, the place was really increasing my appetite to eat. They put a board as partition from table to table, so it's like semi private. :) Comfortable enough for me to eat ramen as much as I want. Nobody will not see my full table, right? Hahahaha..


IMG_3362 IMG_3363 IMG_3365 IMG_3366 IMG_3368



The Menu


Let's order the food!!!


IMG_3358


Chashu Aburi 42k


Flavourful slices of pork belly torched with special sauce


This was an appetizer, but you can order it as an additional chashu to your ramen. The chashu was very tender. But for me, it's too salty. I need to plunge the chashu to my ramen next time :) Or maybe eat it with rice? LOL. A good reason for me to eat rice lalalala..


IMG_3374 IMG_3377


Chicken Katsu Salad 38k


Mix vegetables topped with breaded fried chicken cutlet with Sesame Dressing


Salad was never my favourite. But I could say that this was one of the best salad I've ever tried. The sesame dressing was amazing. The chicken katsu was tender and tasty. Trust me, even if you don't like salad, you will this one. :)


IMG_3380 IMG_3379 IMG_3392


Shio Tonkotsu Ramen 58k


Thick Noodles / Thin Noodles in salt tonkotsu base soup with garlic flavour


I love this ramen. Actually the noodles was perfect. They made their own noodle. That's why it's different with other's ramen house. The chashu was marvelous, of course. The broth was salty with garlic flavour. The salty taste was quite strong. For those who love salty ramen, definitely will give it a 5 stars.


IMG_3413 IMG_3415 IMG_3418


Toro Toro Chashu Ramen 58k


Thick tonkotsu broth noodle served with slices pork belly


Definitely my kind of ramen. Too bad, I prefer thin noodle, and they made it clear that Toro Toro Chashu Ramen will never use thin noodle. Aaaargh!! It will be perfect if I can change the noodle. Huft. Anyway, the slices pork belly were the blast. Thick and delicious. Heaven!


IMG_3396 IMG_3398 IMG_3401


Orenchi Ramen 58k


Thick Noodles / Thin Noodles in a spicy savoury base soup


It's spicy and delicious. What a nice combination right. For those who love spicy ramen, should order this one. It consists of noodle, tamago, narutomaki and scallions. And of course the broth tasted spicy refreshing.


Narutomaki (鳴門巻き/なると巻き) or naruto (ナルト/なると) is a type of kamaboko, or cured fish surimi produced in Japan. Each slice of naruto has a pink or red spiral pattern, which resembles the Naruto whirlpools in the Naruto Strait between Awaji Island and Shikoku in Japan.


IMG_3404 IMG_3405 IMG_3412


Tan Tan Men 62k


Thick Noodles / Thin Noodles in thick spicy sesame base soup with ground pork


OMG! Another favourite. It consists of minced pork meat and vegetables. The minced pork meat was tender and full-flavoured. The broth was spicy and thicker than the orenchi ramen, but I prefer this ramen than the orenchi one. Ugh, I'm drooling right now. I need to come back to the place as soon as possible. Trust me. This one is a treasure.


IMG_3424 IMG_3422


Overall, I had a good time there. The owner and the Japanese Chef were very friendly and kind. Thanks for having us, guys. Definitely will come back soon.


Ramen Orenchi
Jl. Mangga Besar Raya No. 5N
Mangga Besar, Jakarta
Phone: 021-62301779
IG: @ramenorenchi

Comments

Popular Posts