C's Steak and Seafood Restaurant Grand Hyatt Jakarta

May 18th, 2015. C's Steak and Seafood Restaurant Grand Hyatt Jakarta invited me to experience Argentina. I was so excited. A friend of mine told me that Argentina cuisine must be good. I came early. 12 o'clock. Took the time to take pictures, while waiting for others to come. And when I saw Ellyna and Rian came, I was like, "Thank goodness, familiar face." LOL


E-Invite-Experience-Argentina


Grand Hyatt Jakarta together with Qatar Airways Indonesia have the pleasure presenting chef Federico Ferrari of Park Hyatt Buenos Aires for a special treat from Argentina.  


If you are a meat lover, don't miss chef Federico while he is in Jakarta!


Chef Federico Ferrari


IMG_4304


Before we meet the Chef and his magic works, let me show you around the place. Last time, I went to C's and didn't take even one photo of their interior :) Now, as you can see, I had time to take few pictures. Elegant, right?


IMG_4272 IMG_4273 IMG_4274 IMG_4275 IMG_4276 IMG_4277



The Menu


IMG_4326



The wine flight


Experience-Argentina-Wine-flight


IMG_4293 IMG_4283


My favourite wine: clos de los siete. Why? because the after-taste of this wine is delicious, not like the others. Like I've said before in some of my blogs, I prefer a nice after-taste in a wine. Because sometimes the after-taste of a wine was quite disturbing. :P


IMG_4317



entradas / starters


provoleta de cabra 120k


provolene cheese with preserved tomatoes, mint and almond sauce


first, I thought it was mashed potato hahahaha.. then I read the menu, wow cheese!!! love cheese so much. The texture was chewy and moist in between. tasted good. The almond sauce and tomatoes enhanced the flavour of the cheese. Ugh, I was the one that finish the cheese without needed to share it with the others. *lalala yeyeye*


Provolone (pronounced [pro.voˈlo.ne.]) is an Italian cheese that originated in Casilli near Vesuvius, where it is still produced in shapes varying from 10 to 15 cm (3.93–5.90 in) long pear, sausage, or cone shapes.


IMG_4291 IMG_4289


empanadas de carne 150k


classic beef turn over


"Pastel!!!" I spontaneously shout to the dish LOL. Yup, the empanada was really looked alike pastel. The skin was similar, although the filling was different. This empanada filled with diced beef and raisin.  Well, it's delicious but it's not my favourite. Sorry.. I prefer the cheese.. *big grin*


An empanada (Spanish pronunciation: [empaˈnaða]; also called pastel in Brazilian Portuguese and pate in Haitian Creole) is a stuffed bread or pastrybaked or fried in many countries in Latin Europe, Latin America, the Southwestern United States, and parts of Southeast Asia. The name comes from the Galician, Portuguese, and Spanish verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread.


IMG_4299


mollejas caramelizadas 225k


caramelized sweetbreads with sweet potato and orange purée, mushroom sphere


Last time I ate sweetbreads was in C's. So now I tasted sweetbreads again. And I think it's not a usual dish, right? Ellyna didn't have the courage to try even a little bit LOL. I tried, but not my favourite either. But it's unique. Really unique. The texture was like tofu. Strong taste, though. Couldn't finish it. Yeah, let Rian finished it. hihihi..


Sweetbreads or ris are culinary names for the thymus (also called throat, gullet, or neck sweetbread) or the pancreas (also called heart, stomach, or belly sweetbread), especially of the calf (ris de veau) and lamb (ris d'agneau), and, less commonly, of beef and pork.


IMG_4294



platos principales / main courses


all dishes are served with chimichurri sauce and roasted garlic cream


Chimichurri (Spanish pronunciation: [tʃimiˈtʃuri]) or chimmichurri is a green sauce used for grilled meat, originally from Argentina. It is made of finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, and white vinegar. In Latin American countries outside of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, the dominant flavoring is coriander leaf (cilantro).


raza black angus 640k


tenderloin 250 gr


I'm still cannot move on from this black angus. It's so huge, so tender, so juicy, so delicious. I want it again. Me want more! Me want more!  Well, I guess I should woo Chef Federico to make it again for me. Please. Please. I'm drooling right now, literary. Tasted so good, with perfect texture, what could go wrong??


IMG_4308 IMG_4324


raza wagyu argentina 655k


prime rib-eye 250 gr


This was also a nice treat. Wagyu never failed me.  It was tender and juicy. Tasted sooooooo good. The chimichurri sauce was really enhanced the flavour. Well-seasoned. So scrumptious I wanna refill my plate again and again. Huft. You wish, Yen. You wish! Hihihi..


IMG_4320


del mar 350k


octopus cooked two ways


The octopus was tender. The texture wasn't hard-chewy at all. Similar texture like a prawn. How about the taste? Ahmazeeeeng!! So delicious, I couldn't stop munching. Well, the presentation was a little bit scary at first. But after one bite, I forgot everything about scary octopus hahaha..


IMG_4314 IMG_4312



guarniciones /on the side @ 55k


Experience-Argentina-Menu



postres / desserts @ 75k


budín de pan


bread pudding


Hmmm.. for me, it's a bit too neat. I miss the texture. Bread pudding should be more.. hmm.. what do you say.. raggy? Yeah, you should know what I mean. I love the hazelnut custard. It was moist and sweet. Such a nice company for the bread pudding :)


IMG_4335


flan de dulce de leche


flan of caramel and dulce de leche


I love it. The flan of caramel was very soft and sweet. Such a delicate texture. And absolutely, I prefer this one than the bread pudding. Definitely recommended!


Crème caramel (French: [kʁɛm kaʁaˈmɛl]), flan [flɑ̃], or caramel pudding is a custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top, as opposed to crème brûlée, which is pudding with a hard caramel top. The dish is eaten throughout the world.


IMG_4331


Thanks C’s and Grand Hyatt for the lovely lunch. Thanks Chef Federico Ferrari, Chef Matt Demery and Chef Rolf Knecht. Thanks a lot guys. Again and again, good job!


Experience Argentina is available from 18 - 26 May 2015 at C's Steak & Seafood, Grand Hyatt Jakarta


So, hurry! Just go to C's and enjoy the delicious food and wine. Hurry!!!


C’s Steak and Seafood Restaurant
4th fl. Grand Hyatt Hotel Jakarta
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Jakarta 10350
Phone: 021-29921234
IG: @grandhyattjakarta
IG: @csjakarta

Comments

Popular Posts