[CLOSED] Ten Ten Tempura House, Plaza Indonesia

November 15th, 2014. I came to Ten Ten Tempura House at Plaza Indonesia with fellow foodies from IDFB. TenTen was launching new menus. I met a couple of new faces. Yup, it's still fun to meet new people. Btw, this wasn't my first time. You can read my previous review HERE. Thanks.


IMG_5697 IMG_5695


This was my 4th time coming to TenTen and the interior was still the same. A nice ambiance in a not-so-big place to eat. Wooden furnitures still dominated the place. You will feel a warm ambiance while in there. What a perfect way to spend your lunch or dinner with your family or friends.


IMG_5696 IMG_5700 IMG_5702



ALA CARTE


Premium Saikoro Steak 68k


Premium beef with sautéed vegetables


I had Saikoro Steak before at other place. And I loved it. I think this is one happening menu in some places. Premium Saikoro Steak everywhere, guys!! LOL. Saikoro means dice. That's why they cut the beef in dice shape. Or they call it saikoro because they cut the beef in dice shape?? Aaaak, I have no idea hahaha.. Whatever fits your mind lah. The beef was so tender, juicy and easy to chew. Don't forget to eat the beef with white rice. It's magnificent! Yeah, everything with rice, is always magnificent, like magic!! Ok back to the steak. I needed more beef. Actually, I prefer a bigger portion. *sobbing* Still hungry!!!


IMG_5742


Grilled Fish Obha Cream Sauce 68k


Choice of Fish: Salmon / Red Snapper


I was a little bit suspicious by the colour. First I thought it was wasabi. Or is it avocado?  Or.. what the heck is it??? Then I read the menu. Ok, it's obha cream sauce. So it's safe for me. Not wasabi LOL. Tasted good too. The creamy sauce enhanced the flavour of the red snapper. I wonder if the fish was salmon. Hmm.. must be good too. They sprinkled nori on it with shiitake and enoki mushroom. Not a pretty dish, but definitely one enjoyable dish.


Obha or ohba or shiso is a beautiful large leaves (the meaning of Ohba is big leaf) with serrated edges. 


IMG_5751


Beef Hamburg with Cheese 50k


It's literally beef hamburg with cheese. The cheese mozzarella was stuffed into the beef patty.  Can you imagine when it was cut in the middle? Melted cheese!! The beef patty was tender and juicy. Scrumptious!! Placed on top of a pile of sautéed vegetables, the beef patty looked like a king on its throne. So elegant. And it's recommended.


IMG_5719 IMG_5754



STONE RICE


Ten Ten Signature Stone Rice 68k


Japanese mixed rice with ebi sakura topped with grilled fish, ebi tempura and squid


When I came to a new place, I always asked for their signature dish. At Ten Ten, this one was their signature stone rice. That's why when my buddy ordered this one, I was so happy. Yup, I was. Why? Because I knew that I will steal the food from him. LOL. The tempura was delicious. The rice was well-seasoned. And of course, the sunny side-up was outstanding. *wink*


IMG_5733


Salmon Obha Pesto Stone Rice 68k


Salmon with obha pesto sauce on rice


Pesto is my weakness. I really like pesto. But, this one wasn't my order. I prefer beef than salmon hihihi.. Pesto in Japanese food? It's a very unique dish, for sure. But, it tasted so good, it's like match made in heaven. The salmon was very generous. It sooooo big, I thought for a second to steal the salmon and exchange it with my steak LOL. The corn, baby tomato and the nori really enhanced the flavour of the dish. And you know how to eat the dish? Mix it all. The flavour and the aroma of the pesto was all over the dish, definitely.


IMG_5716


Tori Momo Stone Rice 58k


Kyaaaaaaa.. I was very sorry and sad when I tried this one. Why? Why? Why it should taste so delish??? I wanna order this too!! おいしい. Super Oishī. The chicken was really spoiling my taste bud. They used special sauce. It's like teriyaki sauce but with more tasty flavour. The edamame added crunch crunch texture. This one is super recommended!!!


IMG_5736


Smoked Duck Stone Rice 68k


Smoked duck with ginger teriyaki sauce on rice


It looked delish, but it's not ours, so I didn't have the courage to try it. But, the girl that order this dish was so happy when she ate that. So it must be good hahaha..


IMG_5746



NOODLES


Premium Saikoro Ramen 68k


Obha Pesto Fried noodle with premium beef


Ohmaigatttt! Obha pesto with premium beef. Pesto with beef. Ugh, I wanna eat the whole plate. Too bad, it's not even mine hahaha.. I love their ramen. Smooth and tender, with quite generous beef. I didn't like green colour, but for pesto, it's exceptional. Always drooling when I saw pesto sauce in every kind of dish. *slurrrrp*


IMG_5756


Salmon Miso Soup (Nabemono) 68k


Nabemono is a traditional Japanese soup typically served in winter time. When the weather is cold, our body is craving for hot dishes. Right now, we're having rainy weather. So, I think it's really nice to eat salmon miso soup for rainy days. Full of mushroom, nori, carrot, scallions, tofu and everything else, this salmon miso soup was a perfect dish to end your rainy day. Btw, the broth was tasty and savoury. Recommended one.


Nabemono (鍋物, なべ物, nabe "cooking pot" + mono "thing or things, object, matter") or simply called nabe, refers to a variety of Japanese hot pot dishes, also known as one pot dishes.

IMG_5728



DESSERT


Fruit Kakigori 32k


Milk snow ice with assorted fruit


Wanna try snow? Just eat this fruit kakigori. Haha. It's like snow. I think. Hmm, never tried snow before. LOL. But I bet, this is what's snow taste like. And, I looooooove this kakigori. Actually, I ordered this only because I like the colours. Turned out, this was the best dessert for me that day. The sweetness was splendid. The shaved ice was smooth. The mango sauce? Hmmmm.. Perfect!!


Kakigōri (かき氷?) is a Japanese shaved ice dessert flavored with syrup and condensed milk.


IMG_5798


Cheese Pound Cake Matcha Ice Cream 32k


This is a very exotic dessert. Served in hot plate. Matcha Ice Cream on top of cheese pound cake, then pour the vanilla sauce. The sizzling sensation made me feel awesome. LOL. The combination between cheese pound cake, matcha ice cream and vanilla sauce, superb!!


IMG_5794


Red Velvet Cream Cheese Ice Cream 32k


Another exotic dessert. Treated the same as the previous dessert. Cream cheese ice cream on top of red velvet cake. Pour the vanilla sauce. The combination was stunning. The red velvet cake was smooth and moist. Love it.


IMG_5806


Brownies Chocolate Ice Cream 32k


Heaven for chocolate lover. Vanilla ice cream on top of brownies chocolate, and pour chocolate milo. I wonder if the ice cream was also chocolate. Err.. nooooo. Don't. It's not fun anymore I guess. Too many chocolates in the dessert. :D


IMG_5786


Red Velvet Lava Cake 28k


Royal's favourites with cream cheese ice cream


Love the texture of the red velvet cake. Too bad, according to my friend, the lava wasn't a lava. Paired with cream cheese ice cream, this red velvet lava cake was nice. The texture was a little bit dry, but the red colour was so pretty, I didn't really care. Actually, I wanna take pictures as many as possible. Too bad, I couldn't. It will melt the ice cream away.


IMG_5760


Chocolate Lava Cake 28k


An eruption of luscious chocolate with vanilla ice cream


According to my other friend, the lava was gorgeous. Paired with vanilla ice cream, this chocolate lava cake was heavenly sweet. Just like me :p The texture of the cake was extremely beautiful, because the chocolate lava made it melt in your mouth.


IMG_5763


Matcha Lava Cake 28k


Japanese style lava cake with green tea ice cream


Calling all matcha lovers!! Matcha lava cake with matcha ice cream. What a rich combination. The green lava was so pretty. The texture of the cake was perfectly dazzling. The taste? Luscious.


IMG_5769


Thanks Ten Ten and IDFB for the nice meal. Just like I said over and over again, "Happy tummy, happy face, happy life." See you again.


Ten Ten Tempura House
Plaza Indonesia Level basement, Unit 16-17
Phone: 021-29923730
FB Fan Page: Ten Ten Jakarta
twitter: @tentenjakarta

Comments

Popular Posts