[CLOSED] Le Cafe Gourmand Gunawarman Senopati Jakarta

March 27th, 2014. November 26th, 2014. I went to Le Cafe Gourmand twice. First time in March, I went there with my besties at noon. The second time, I went there with fellow foodies at night. But inside, it's not a big difference. It still looked good.


Le Cafe Gourmand is located in Gunawarman Street, Senopati area. It is a French patisserie from Surabaya. They sell food, pastries, coffee and their signature ice cream. They opened their first branch in Jakarta in February 2014.


IMG_0656 IMG_0625


They had a unique door handle. I took pictures from inside and outside. :)


IMG_6871 IMG_0657


When you walked into the place, you will find 3 beautiful pictures on the wall :)


IMG_6868 IMG_6869 IMG_6870


Now, I will show you around inside the cafe. It was such a nice place to hang out with friends. And the unique thing, they didn't have outdoor area. But still, it was very beautiful. Lovely place.


IMG_6867 IMG_6821 IMG_6811 IMG_6812 IMG_0648 IMG_6829


They decorated the place with lovely things. I am always amazed with cafe's displays. So pretty with beautiful colours. Pardon my pictures below. I took a lot of pictures because the place is very dazzling. It hypnotised me.


IMG_6831 IMG_6826 IMG_0665 IMG_6818 IMG_6810 IMG_0672 IMG_0635 IMG_0624


Time to order!!!


IMG_0616



VALRHONA CHOCOLATE


Iced Chocolate 50k


Cocoas, milk and ice


Best iced chocolate so far. Who can beat Valrhona Chocolate? So far, nothing. :) It tasted sweet and bitter at the same time. Rich and delicate. I love it!!! Recommended.


IMG_0620 IMG_0621



DAMMANN TEAS


White Tea Chamomile 40k


It's a hot night, so I ordered ice tea. So refreshing. :D


Chamomile - which can also be spelled 'camomile' - is a daisy-like herb renowned in folk and traditional medicine for its health, cosmetic, and nutritional benefits.


IMG_6814 IMG_6816



GOURMAND SINGLE ORIGINS COFFEE


Dark Roast Papua Wamena 43k


Special Brew Method: Cold Drip


Not my order, but I love the presentation. The glass was so cute. :)


IMG_6833



CROQUE SANDWICHES


Croque Madame 65k


Croque Monsieur topped with a fried egg


Croque Monsieur itself was a classic croque of smoked beef and melted cheese with fresh fries and a green salad. It was really appetizing. Definitely great for dinner with friends. Tremendously tasty!!


IMG_6851



PASTA


Fettuccine Carbonara 75k


Pasta with cream sauce, black pepper and ham.


I was so sorry that this wasn't my order. Huft. It was very rich tasting. Spectacular. Fantastic. Scrumptious. Err.. I ran out of words. LOL. But, true, the cream sauce was satisfying. Generous of ham too. The black pepper wasn't too much. So it didn't ruin the delicious taste.


IMG_6847


Spaghetti Chicken Pesto 80k


Pasta with fresh pesto sauce and grilled chicken breast.


Very generous chicken breast, but too bad the pesto was disappointing. I can hardly taste the pesto sauce. Need more pesto sauce. Next time I will tell them to add more of it. But the spaghetti was perfect. Right texture.


IMG_6842 IMG_6841



PASTRY


Chocolate Caramel Tart 45


Valrhona chocolate ganache with smooth caramel and crispy pastry.



It's a sweet and a very pleasant cake. It looked so smooth. I love the way it gave harmony in my mouth. Simple presentation. Valrhona chocolate never failed me. The crispy pastry combined with smooth caramel, enhanced the flavour of this tart. To-die-for!

IMG_0640


Quiche Salmon 35k


Quiche smoked salmon and sour cream.


The quiche was so good I am drooling right now. The second time I went there, they ran out of it. Huft. The salmon was fresh and savoury. The quiche was tender, creamy, tasty and melt in your mouth.


Quiche (/ˈkʃ/ keesh) is a savoury, open-faced pastry crust with a filling of savoury custard with cheese, meat, seafood, and/or vegetables. Quiche can be served hot or cold. It is part of French cuisine but is also popular in other countries, particularly as party food.


IMG_0643



ICE CREAM


IMG_6864


1 scoop 38k


Earl Grey


I thought it will taste like earl grey tea. Fyi, I never like earl grey tea. But, surpriseeeee!! This earl grey ice cream was delish!! It was delicate and not too sweet. Perfect for hot night.


IMG_6866


2 scoop 58k


Salted Caramel and White Chocolate with Mango Sorbet


The salted caramel and white chocolate gelato was very delicious. It just had the right taste. The mango sorbet was perfect. Aaaaaak. I wanna scream out loud. Love the texture and the aroma of the mango sorbet. So the combination between salted caramel, white chocolate and mango sorbet was impressive. Melt in your mouth.


IMG_0636

Definitely will come back to this place. It's a nice place to do some blogging too. Wait for me ya :)


Le Cafe Gourmand
Jalan Gunawarman No. 65
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
Jakarta Selatan 12110
FB Fan Page: Le Cafe Gourmand

Comments

Popular Posts