[CLOSED] Pastis Kitchen and Bar Aston Kuningan Suites Jakarta

December 17th, 2014. I had a nice lunch at Pastis Kitchen and Bar, Aston Kuningan Suites. I went there before on Halloween and on November 23rd with my best friends. And now, Pastis is launching new menu. I hope they were as good as the previous time.


IMG_7643


Pastis had outdoor seats, an open bar called Backyard. A lovely place to have a romantic wedding party or just a nice chit chat  time with best friends. It was so lovely, I thought about having some photo shoot there with my best friends. Hmm.. I will ask them to come with me some time to just having fun there. *big grin*


IMG_7627 IMG_7628 IMG_7634 IMG_7635


Lovely Christmas decoration near front door. Love every detail of it. And I took some pictures of indoor seats, near the kitchen. The seats were very cozy. I remember when I had Halloween party with my besties there. So cool! LOL.


IMG_7651 IMG_7647 IMG_7648 IMG_7649 IMG_7636


This was another area inside Pastis. It's a very delightful place to eat with style. Look at the windows! The place was old-fashioned yet exotic. And I really like the songs they put in the place. It's indeed a very cozy place to hang out.


IMG_6559 IMG_6567 IMG_6570 IMG_6571 IMG_6572


Let's order some food and drink.


IMG_7690



REGULAR ICE TEA


Just Ice Tea 30k


Homemade black tea. Serve long over ice with slice orange and spring mint.


The ice tea served in a big glass. A marvelous choice for a hot day in the afternoon. Too bad, they didn't give us free refill. LOL


IMG_7661



MAIN COURSE


Dory Ratatouille 95k


Asparagus and Pesto Sauce.


I love the presentation of the dish. Simple. Beautiful. The green colour hypnotised me. The texture of the dory was a little bit too dry. Not as tender as I expected. But the skin was crunchy. One thing for sure, I need more pesto sauce. It will enhance the flavour of the dish.


IMG_7671 IMG_7667


Chicken Involtino 85k


Rolled Chicken Breast with Cheese and Beef Bacon.


Love the dish. The chicken breast was tender. Flavourful. And the texture was incredible. It was quite huge. If you are hungry, you have to order this. It will satisfy your hunger. You will have a super happy tummy.


IMG_7663 IMG_7666



SNACKS


Traditional Snack Selections 65k


Mixed of Pastel, Croquet and Rissoles.


Snacking time. They tasted good. The pastel, croquet and rissoles were enough to fill my tummy if I didn't wanna eat much. Surprisingly, I liked the sauce. Sweet chilli thai sauce, I guess. But the chilli was mild enough for me.


IMG_6581 IMG_6579


Deep Fried Mushroom 65k


Breaded Champignon Mushroom Served with Tartar Sauce.


Ugh this was delicious. The mushroom was juicy and tasty. And the tartar sauce was very delightful. I always liked tartar sauce, because it was made of mayonnaise. I love mayo!! Every dish is delicious with mayo, for me. LOL


Champignon - also known as white button - mushrooms have a mild taste that easily blends with other flavors.


IMG_6582



DESSERT


Chocolate Melt 65k


So far, this was the best Chocolate Melt (comel) I've ever tried. Yup, they called it CoMel. So cute, right? Why cute? Because comel in Malay means adorable. And trust me, this chocolate melt was absolutely adorable. The cake was moist and had the perfect texture. The sweetness of the chocolate lava was just right. Recommended!!


IMG_7677 IMG_7685


Pannacotta 60k


For me, this pannacotta was a little bit too dense. It's more like a pudding, rather than a pannacotta. Tasted good, though. Right flavour, wrong texture. LOL.


IMG_6549


Creme Brûlée 60k


I was in love with this creme brûlée. Too bad, on my second visit, it's more like a pudding too, rather than a creme brûlée. On my first visit, it's so perfect for me. Although, my buddy said it's too soft. But, I've already fell in love with the flavour hihihi..


IMG_6544 IMG_6543



GELATO


Ferero 50k


Chocolate Ferero gelato. Somehow, chocolate never failed me. Sweet and delicate. Melt in your mouth, definitely. And the crumbs on top of it, just added a unique texture to the gelato.


IMG_6537


Rum Raisin 50k


Surprisingly, good!!! The rum was strong enough. Collaboration between the rum and the sweetness from raisin, made this gelato the best rum raisin gelato I've ever tried.


IMG_6552


Thanks Pastis for the meal. It was a good meal, indeed. See you again next time.


Pastis Kitchen and Bar
Jl. Setiabudi Utara
Aston Kuningan Suites Ground Floor
Jakarta 12920
Phone: 021-5260260
FB Fan Page: Pastis Kitchen and Bar
twitter: @pastisbackyard

Comments

Popular Posts