[CLOSED] monViet Lippo Mall Kemang Jakarta

October 7th, 2013. I was lucky that Hans asking me to join him for a foodtasting at monViet. Located at the Avenue of The Stars, Lippo Mall Kemang, monViet amazed me with the story behind.


A Vietnamese Mother's Secret Recipes


The success of monViet started in the 1970's when our mother left her village to open a noodle stall at a street corner in Saigon. She cooked the traditional noodles - called Bun Bo Hue; Hue is a town in central Vietnam. Her noodle soup was so tasty, that people waited in front of her stall every day for it to open. The little noodle stall grew bigger, and after a few years mother ran a noodle house that specialized in different kinds of home made noodle soup recipes. Our family also grew bigger, and in the end the little restaurant not only nurtured 9 sons and daughters, but also saw the birth of the family's "secret recipes of life."


Hai and Loan, brother and sister, always loved their mom's noodle soup. That's why they wanna bring the authentic home cooked food from Vietnam and share it with others. That's why they opened monViet.


IMG_4309


I really love the ambiance. Very homey and cozy. I felt like in Vietnam. LOL just kidding. I never go to Vietnam, actually hahahaha..


IMG_4288 IMG_4292 IMG_4296 IMG_4297IMG_4305 IMG_4303


After talking with Hai, they started to serve us food and beverages.


IMG_4225 IMG_4252


Iced Lychee Tea


Actually I request this one. No iced lychee tea in the menu hahahaha.. But, they provided for me. Cool, aight? Love it.


IMG_4233 IMG_4235


Vietnamese Coffee (Ca Phe Da - Black Coffee with Ice) 22k


The appearance was so unique. And it sure tasted good. At its simplest, Ca phe da is made with coarsely ground Vietnamese-grown dark roast coffee individually brewed with a small metal French drip filter (cà phê phin) into a cup containing about a quarter to a half as much sweetened condensed milk, stirred and poured over ice. The coarse grind allows the use of the cà phê phin.


IMG_4238


Lemongrass Iced Tea 23k


Love it. Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor. It is commonly used in teas, soups, and curries. It is refreshing. Not too sour and not too sweet for me :)


IMG_4276


I took pictures again while waiting for Loan cooked us some noodle :)


IMG_4318 IMG_4315


Platter of monViet 65k


A combination of monViet's best appetizer. There were 3 kinds of appetizers. Let me tell you one by one.


Goi Cuon Tom Ga 36k


Vietnamese summer roll with shrimp and chicken meat. The summer roll was transparent and you could see the shrimp waving at you hahahaha.. I like this.


Banh Cuon Ga 26k


Steamed rice roll with minced chicken. Actually it's like congfan in dimsum. But this one became my favorite. I literally screamed, "Ohmaigatttt!!!"


Cha Gio Re 36k


Vietnamese crispy springrolls with shrimps. I really love this one. Soft and yummy. Best springrolls ever. Cannot describe with words. You should try and feel it. Very recommended.


IMG_4249


Banh Bot Loc 26k


Vietnamese dumpling steamed in banana leaf with shrimp and chicken meat. This is very unique. The appearance maybe was not pretty, but when you ate that, you wouldn't remember at all. The texture was incredible.


IMG_4272


Banh Canh Tom Ga 48k


Vietnamese udon in savoury soup with shrim and chicken meat. The udon is homemade so it was definitely good. I don't like udon, but this one was delicious. A little spicy but I can manage hehehe


IMG_4260


Bun Bo Hue 51k


Spicy Hue beef soup with rice vermicelli. This one was spicy. But again I can still manage the spiciness. If you like spicy very much, you can add their chilli sauce :) It's so hot you will ask for more drinks hahaha..


IMG_4266


Pho Dac Biet 59k


With a combination of freshly sliced beef brisket and meatballs. Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup consisting of broth, linguine-shaped rice noodles, a few herbs, and meat. Dac Biet means "Special" in Vietnamese. Also can mean "Super" or "Combo with Everything" when describing Vietnamese food. Cool, rite? And it was worth the wait. I really love their Pho. Try yourself and tell me how it taste :)


IMG_4270


After finished all the food, Loan showed us some ingredients that she used in the food. She imported them from Vietnam because she couldn't create authentic food from local ingredients.


IMG_4285 IMG_4282


Dessert of the day


Che Khoai Mon (Taro) 20k


Dessert in monViet always different each day. Depends on what Loan found that day :) And at that time, Loan served us Taro with sticky rice. I don't like Taro, but the dessert was so delicious, I could finish it at once. I wonder what's my next desserts hahaha


IMG_4330


Meet Hai and Loan, the brother and sister from Vietnam. I love them. They are so nice and lovely :)


20131007_154043


Cannot wait to come back to monViet again. For those who wanna try authentic Vietnamese food, please try this one. You'll stunned.. trust me!!


monViet
Lippo Mall Kemang
Avenue of the Stars 1st Fl. #06A
Jalan Pangeran Antasari No. 36
Jakarta 12150
Phone: 021-29528439
FB Fan Page: Monviet Indonesia
twitter: @monvietjakarta

Comments

  1. WOW!!!!

    I really enjoy your blog!! What a breathtaking pictures youve got!!

    Keep up your great work Yenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Soya.. still learning from the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] 8th April 2015. I went to monViet at Setiabudi One. Yup, they had this second outlet last year. Their first outlet was in Kemang. You can see my review about the first outlet HERE. […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] for him. Well, anyway, the owner asked me to come. Actually it’s their 3rd outlet, since Lippo Mall Kemang and Setiabudi One. And I was so happy when I saw the place. It’s adorable and beautiful. And […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts