[CLOSED] A Special Tequila Evening Potato Head Garage SCBD Jakarta

September 5th, 2013. I attended an event, Tequila Connoisseur Club. They called it A Special Tequila Evening, courtesy of Don Julio Premum Tequila. The event was hosted by Potato Head's very own mixologist Dre Masso, with special guests as follows:


- The Mexican Ambassador Ms Melba Pria
- Tomas Estes, world famous Tequila expert and restaurateur.


On 5-12 Sept, a portion from each of the Tequile Cocktails purchased will be donated to Omar Niode Foundation.


Actually I was a little bit not sure for coming to the event because I am allergic to some alcohol. I cannot drink martini or chivas regal, but wine is ok. Beer is ok. But, I think I wouldn't know whether I have allergic to Tequila or not, if I don't try it. So, I encouraged myself to go. :)


IMG_0900


Potato Head Garage has created a unique course-pairing menu to compliment Don Julio Tequila, influenced by some of Garage's menu favorites. I couldn't wait to taste all of the food and especially the tequila :)


When I came to the place, I was stunned. The place was huge and classy. You could see the people felt so cozy, sitting in such a nice place like that.


IMG_0658 IMG_0659 IMG_0665 IMG_0677 IMG_0721


Chandelier everywhere. The sofa covered by white linen. How could you resist to stay longer at a place like that? Beautiful chandelier. Cozy sofa. A perfect combination? Definitely! You won't feel like in a restaurant. You will feel like you are in some kind of palace. You are the prince or princess. And they adore you. Yup, the service was so amazing! Lovely.


IMG_0730 IMG_0675 IMG_0702 IMG_0709


We were placed on a long table. I didn't really know much people were there, but I met some people I know and some people I knew from TV only, such as Wulan Guritno and Dian Sastro. And an honor for me to shake the hand of the Mexican Ambassador, Ms Melba Pria.


IMG_0732 IMG_0674 IMG_0682 IMG_0679 IMG_0744


After this, I will tell all of you about the food and beverages. Let me deliver to you my exquisite culinary journey.


Welcome Drink: Mojito with Lime


When you heard Mojito, do I need to explain more? Hahaha.. Best Mojito ever!!


IMG_0692


Amuse Bouche


Amuse Bouche is a single, bite-sized hors d’œuvre. It's different from appetizers. They served in a small portion.


IMG_0766


Now we begin the main-course paired with the Tequila.


Fish Crudo


Kampachi, vegetables salsa, ginger, kaffir lime, yuzu. Kampachi, also known as almaco jack, is a species of fish found in deeper Hawaii waters off the Kona coast. The fish was so tender and taste a little bit like salmon.


IMG_0772


paired with Marmalade Margarita


Don Julio reposado tequila, triple sec, orange marmalade and citrus juices. Well, this was the best tequila. With a mellow, elegant flavor and inviting aroma, Tequila Don Julio Reposado is best savored as part of a refreshing drink or chilled on the rocks. Triple sec, originally Curaçao triple sec, is a variety of Curaçao liqueur, an orange-flavoured liqueur made from the dried peels of bitter and sweet orange. Love this so very much!!


IMG_0763


Pumpkin Soup


Butternuts squash, micro greens, sunflower seeds, crouton. Butternuts squash also known as butternuts pumpkin. It has a sweet, nutty taste. It has yellow skin and orange fleshy pulp. For me, it's a little bit too sweet. But the sauce was nice, not too creamy. Delicious for some people, I believe.


IMG_0783


paired with The Ambassador


Don Julio reposado tequila, apricot brandy, lemon, almond syrup and hot sauce. Yes hot sauce. When I tried this, I could feel the spicy flavor that tickles in my mouth. Cute feeling hahaha..


IMG_0776


Blue Swimmer Crab Cake


Green curry sauce, chili oil, avocado, salad bouquet, crouton. This is the best crab cake I've ever tried. Seriously. It's like the crab was swimming in my mouth.


IMG_0794


paired with Watermelon Margarita


Don Julio Blanco tequila, watermelon, lime and orgeat. Tequila Don Julio Blanco is the base from which all of our other variants are derived. Commonly referred to as "silver" tequila, its crisp agave flavor and hints of citrus make it an essential component to a variety of innovative drinks including margaritas. It can also be enjoyed neat or on the rocks. Orgeat syrup is a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar and rose water or orange flower water. You could taste the watermelon mix with the tequila beautifully. The watermelon aroma was so strong. Very cool cocktail. You should try this!


IMG_0787


Wood Fire Grilled Beef


Wagyu strip loin, oven roasted seasonal vegetables, yuzu, chili sauce. FYI, this was the best for me. I really liked this. The funny thing is when I cut the meat, it's kinda hard. But, when I ate the meat, it's so tender. Quite amusing hahaha.. And I'm falling in love with this menu. Very delicious. The tender texture. The savory taste. Perfect for me!


IMG_0809


paired with Tommy's Margarita


Don Julio reposado tequila, lime and agave syrup. It's quite strong. I had to sip it slowly, but sure hehehe..


IMG_0806


Now DESSERTS time!!


Tres leches


Tres leches is a sponge cake soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. Then soaked in orange juice. The taste was heaven! I didn't want to let my spoon go. Keep digging!!! You will be amazed. Trust me! The orange ice cream was also delicious. No matter what, you should try this. OMG!


IMG_0840


paired with Café Pacifico


Don Julio blanco tequila, coffee, espresso, cinnamon sugar, cream. For those who are azy about coffee and tequila, you definitely must try this. You won't be sorry. The tequila and the coffee and the espresso. Perfect combination.


IMG_0822


Mignardises


In a French patisserie, assorted small desserts are usually called mignardises. So, here you can find 3 kinds of small desserts. But, I didn't find it special. The taste was so so..


IMG_0862


paired with Don Julio añejo tequila


Rich, distinctive and wonderfully complex, its flavor strikes the perfect balance between agave, wood and hints of vanilla. Best experienced neat in a snifter or simply on the rocks.


IMG_0842


So, after filling my tummy, time for me to take picture with the guests of honor hehehe pardon my quality of pictures, because I used my blackberry camera hehehe


IMG-20130905-02239
with Dre Masso, Ms Melba Pria and Mr Matheus Ostafiuc


IMG-20130905-02247
with Mr Tomas Estes


So, never think twice if you wanna try delicious food with best tequila, just come to Potato Head Garage and prepare your happy tummy hahaha..


Potato Head Garage
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav 52-53 Jakarta Selatan 12190
Telp: (021) 57973330
FB Fan Page: Potato Head Garage
twitter: @PTTHEAD

Comments

  1. Whoaa... new face and new style!
    Lets evolve together Yenny.... keep up your wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ya soya.. I will.. Let's.. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great place! I love ..
    then I read the information about Potato Head Garage here http://goo.gl/9R6F1Z and turned the place very interesting. do you like this place?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts