[SINGAPORE] Tanuki Raw at Orchard Central Singapore

January 17th, 2017. Last day in Singapore. A friend of mine told me about this place. And I told the group right away, before we off to Singapore. So, I was waited eagerly to have lunch here. They said it's one of the best lunch place in Singapore. And I want to prove it. Tanuki Raw.


IMG_2291


When I arrived there with Gaby, we chose the natural light corner. Darius came later. We took pictures first before ordered the food. I just knew that they just reopened the place at Orchard Central, from level 2 to level 4. They have 2 separate areas. One for non smoking, and one for smoking area. It was crowded since it's lunch time and they have lunch promo which gave a cheaper price. By the way, we chose indoor area, near windows for natural light spot.


IMG_2292 IMG_2287 IMG_2298 IMG_2297 IMG_2288 IMG_2289 IMG_2299 IMG_2300 IMG_2301 IMG_2302 IMG_2303 IMG_2304 IMG_2305 IMG_2306 IMG_2307


Truffle Yakiniku $ 14.90


Pan-Seared US Black Angus Short Rib, Onsen Egg, Truffle Soy Sauce over Tanuki's Signature Mixed Rice


This was the one that rolling around the Instagram. I wanted to try this one, but another dish caught my eye, so I let Darius' wife took the order of it. It's definitely one appetizing dish because the short rib was juicy and tender, the onsen egg was perfect, and the truffle soy sauce really enhanced the flavour of it. Not to mention, the signature mixed rice. It was one perfect dish, definitely.


IMG_2317 IMG_2318


Foie Gras Truffle Yakiniku $ 19.90


Pan-Seared Foie Gras, US Black Angus Short Rib, Onsen Egg, Truffle Soy, Black Garlic Brown Butter over Tanuki's Signature Mixed Rice


Well, this was my order. And you must know why I chose this one. YES! 100% correct. Foie gras. It has literally moved the previous dish to a higher level. OMG! The foie gras was big. Like, freaking awesome big! And it was dabomb! Must-order! Very recommended! The mixed rice was big portion with delicious taste. Need to go back for this.


IMG_2310 IMG_2312


Salted Duck Egg Char Siew $ 15.90


Tender Seasoned Japanese Nagano Pork Belly Char Siew, Onsen Egg, Mixed Mushroom, and Golden Salted Duck Egg Hollandaise over Sushi Rice


I thought it will be like salted egg dish that's happening in Jakarta nowadays. But turned out it's different. The salted egg came in a form of hollandaise sauce. Perfect onsen egg. And the pork belly char siew was super duper tender. Melt in your mouth. Another recommended dish.


IMG_2313 IMG_2314


Chirashi $ 17.80


Mix of Sashimi including Tuna, Salmon Belly Aburi, Salmon Sashimi, Scallop, Sea Bream, Swordfish, White Tuna, Yellow Tail, Ikura, Tamago, Ebiko over Tanuki's Signature Mixed Rice


I tried a bite and I knew right away that this would be a favourite dish for seafood lovers. It's like an ocean feast. The salmon was extremely fresh. And look at those sashimi. Simply delightful.


IMG_2315 IMG_2316


Tanuki Raw stole my heart. A one-time visit is definitely not enough! Wait for me next trip yaaaa!


Tanuki Raw
Orchard Central #04-01
181 Orchard Road
Singapore 238896
IG: @tanukiraw

Comments

Popular Posts