[SINGAPORE] Plain Vanilla & Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tiong Bahru Singapore

January 14th, 2017. Still strolling around Singapore with my travel-buddies.


**********


After one delicious breakfast, we headed to find something sweet. And found a nice place in the corner of the street. It's one happening place a couple years ago, and I finally had a chance to visit the famous bakery shop. Plain Vanilla.


IMG_2083


Located on the roadside, Plain Vanilla looked so lovely with bicycles and swings at the facade. They have workrooms too. But the sexiest corner was the open kitchen. So many pies and cakes were lying around everywhere. And the mouthwatering aroma spattered in every cloverleaf. I felt like I didn't wanna leave the place at all.


IMG_2085 IMG_2086 IMG_2084 IMG_2087 IMG_2090 IMG_2091 IMG_2089 IMG_2092


Salted Caramel Truffle Tart $ 8.00


We couldn't get tables when we arrived, so Gaby bought this salted caramel truffle tart. We tried this one at our place. It was very sweet and delicious. I only ate a little bite, and I had already felt enough. Too sweet for me. But the texture was beyond compare.


IMG_2088 IMG_2121


Dark Chocolate Marble Loaf $ 5.00


I fell in love with this loaf when I saw it for the first time. Even though I saw another loaf, and pie, and pastry, and everything else, I couldn't take my eyes of it. So I bought it and took it home with me. It was one delicious marble loaf. And the dark chocolate was out-of-this-world. One of the best marble loaf.


IMG_2095 IMG_2122


I promised myself, I will be back to Plain Vanilla for more luscious cakes.


Plain Vanilla
Tiong Bahru
1D Yong Siak Street
Singapore 168641
Phone: +65 8363 7614
IG: @pvbakery


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


At the heart of the neighbourhood of Tiong Bahru, there's also another famous bakery shop. And after a long time, I finally got a chance to visit at their very first branch. Tiong Bahru Bakery.


IMG_2098


There’s always that special place in the areas we live. By habit or necessity, there are checkpoints where our paths converge, no matter where our days take us. These are the places where shared moments and experiences connect us – and they eventually come to mean far more than the function it serves. A café doesn’t merely dispense coffee. Neither does a bakery simply cook flour and put them on sale. They are strongholds founded deep in the history of the area it dwells, built upon with stories shared within and around its walls.


Where perspectives are challenged, broadened, renewed; and the future can be boldly envisioned with insight and belief. Where friends are made, dreams are shared, and love is found. This unique confluence of the community drives us to excellence and new levels of inspiration in everything we do. We are dedicated to celebrating the individuals, embracing the stories and transforming the living space for people around us. We are dedicated to celebrating neighbourhoods.


IMG_2097 IMG_2100 IMG_2101 IMG_2102 IMG_2111 IMG_2104 IMG_2105 IMG_2106 IMG_2107 IMG_2110 IMG_2108 IMG_2109


Cappuccino $ 5.50


IMG_2118


Original Kouign Amann $ 3.50


The name derives from the Breton words for cake ("kouign") and butter ("amann"). Kouign-amann is a speciality of the town Douarnenez in Finistère, Brittany, where it originated in around 1860.


This was the first time I tried Kouign Amann (pronounced QUEEN-ah-mahn). I loved it. It was sweet and savoury in flavour and rich in texture. Those sexy layers! Crunchy, tender, buttery. Fave!


Kouign-amann is a Breton cake. It is a round crusty cake, originally made with bread dough, containing layers of butter and sugar folded in, similar in fashion to puff pastry albeit with fewer layers.


IMG_2116


Chocolate Vienna $ 3.20


For me, there's nothing special about this one. Just another chocolate bread.


IMG_2117


Croissant $ 2.90


IMG_2114


Green Tea Almond Croissant $ 4.00


So in love! Couldn't stop stealing those delicious shreds from the plate. I think it's the best green tea almond croissant I've ever tried. It's crunchy and fluffy at the same time. Green tea, almond, croissant. Three to tango!


IMG_2115 IMG_2120


Almond Chocolate Croissant $ 4.00


IMG_2112


Molasse Bun with Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese $ 9.00


IMG_2113


Now I know where to go when I'm in Singapore. They have another outlet at Tang Plaza, Orchard. See you soon, then.


Tiong Bahru Bakery
56 Eng Hoon Street
#01-70
Singapore 160056
Phone: +65 62203430
IG: @tiongbahrubakery

Comments

  1. Plain Vanilla has always been on my to-visit list! :) xx

    https://angieisagirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts