Huize van Wely the Papilion Kemang Jakarta

Every time I passed by Kemang area, I was always startled by a building there. There was a butterfly with the name the Papilion. The building was made from glasses. I loved it but never knew what it was. "Is it a fine dining restaurant? Or a hotel? Hmm, I wonder." But I always forgot to find out what it was, until finally I was inside it.


IMG_2935 IMG_2924


Huize van Wely is a restaurant in the first floor of the Papilion. Huize van Wely, the famed Dutch patisserie that offers hand-made chocolates, bonbons, truffles, pastries, cakes, sweet and savoury biscuits and ice cream, introduces a bistro style eatery that offers all-time favorite local delights, traditional Japanese cuisine and scrumptious western fare. Its contemporary setting makes it the perfect location for business lunches, intimate dinners and family gatherings. I was lucky that on Wednesday, December 11th, 2013, they served Japanese cuisine. I love Japanese food!!! Every Wednesday, they serve a buffet lunch, and rotate the theme every week between Indonesian, Western and Japanese. Only 250k you can eat everything!


IMG_2920


In December, the decoration was all about Christmas. Love the ambiance there.


IMG_2926 IMG_2933 IMG_2847 IMG_2853


The ambiance inside the Huize van Wely was very nice. Looked classy but quite cozy. I didn't feel intimidated in there :)


IMG_2759 IMG_2762 IMG_2872 IMG_2873


Before I show you the Japanese food that I tried that day, let me show you what they sell.


IMG_2818 IMG_2808 IMG_2805 IMG_2830 IMG_2845 IMG_2842 IMG_2839


Now it's time for the Japanese food to show-off hihihi :) I don't know why I'm in love with Japanese food. I cannot resist Japanese food. Love it to the max. I can sit in a Japanese restaurant for hours, like 7 hours max. Yup, 7 hours. :D


IMG_2802


Mochi & Dorayaki


I think everybody know what Dorayaki is :) Dorayaki (どら焼き, どらやき, 銅鑼焼き, ドラ焼き) is a type of Japanese confection, а red bean pancake which consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet Azuki red bean paste. Dorayaki are similar to Imagawayaki, but the latter are cooked with the batter completely surrounding the bean paste filling and often served hot.


IMG_2774


Rice Salad


IMG_2764


Saikyo Yaki


Saikyo Yaki is a salmon cooked with saikyo miso. This is very delicious. Love it.


IMG_2776


Chikuzenni


Chikuzenni is a dish that originated from northern Kyushu, Japan, made of braised chicken and mix of vegetables.


IMG_2779


Soba To Tomato Sauce


Soba is the Japanese name for buckwheat. It is synonymous with a type of thin noodle made from buckwheat flour, and in Japan can refer to any thin noodle.


IMG_2782


Mixed Deep Fried


IMG_2785


Happo Sai


Happo Sai is stir-fried vegetables. Happo Sai is easy to make. Happo Sai can be made with any leftover vegetables you have like onions, Chinese cabbage, regular cabbage, bean sprouts, green peppers. What a healthy menu hihihi..


IMG_2788


Niku Tofu


Niku tofu is simmered meat and tofu. Niku means meat in Japanese. Commonly, beef is used for this dish.


IMG_2796


Sumashi Soup


Sumashi Soup is Japanese basic clear soup.


IMG_2798


They were all delicious. They even gave me complimentary buns. Different from others, the crust of the bun were a little bit hard to chew at first, but after one bite you could feel the soft and tender buns in your mouth.


IMG_2885


The macha soes and dorayaki were my favorite. The taste was very unique but I love it.


IMG_2903


For beverages, I tried their tea and juice.


Ice Lychee Tea


IMG_2895


Strawberry Juice


IMG_2888


The cute part was the mini cakes and mini eclairs. Lucky me that I could taste them all. One by one, bit by bit. All made me drooling indeed. I just wanna cry when I saw them. Cute little sweetness!!!


IMG_2905


But the best part was the chocolate bonbon and pralines. I asked for the pralines with alcohol. They were all the best!!! Love them all. Woohoo.. *no, I wasn't drunk.. yet.. hahahaha*


IMG_2917


I definitely will come back again for their pralines. Hahaha.. Yup, the alcohol pralines hihihi.. Thanks Huize van Wely for letting me drooling all over your place.


Huize van Wely
The Papilion Building, 1st level
Jl. Kemang Raya No. 45 AA
Kemang, Jakarta Selatan
Phone: 021-7191975
FB Fan Page: The Papilion
twitter: @The_Papilion
instagram: ThePapilion

Comments

Popular Posts