[EVENT] Chinese New Year Gala Dinner Tien Chao Gran Melia Jakarta

January 9th, 2014. I was invited to Tien Chao, Gran Melia Jakarta Hotel. I went there with Octa, then met Aline and Hans. This was my first time there. The place was not very spacious but not small either. They had private rooms too. But I love how they decorate the table and the ambiance.


IMG_5525 IMG_5368 IMG_5365 IMG_5378 IMG_5373


Welcoming the Lunar New Year, Tien Chao restaurant in Hotel Gran Meliá Jakarta bring back the Chinese New Year Gala Dinner on Thursday, January 30, 2014. They had a special menu prepared by Executive Chinese Chef Ken Choy of Tien Chao restaurant. The festive celebration at Hotel Gran Meliá Jakarta is also equipped with a Lion Dance performance and Dragon that would accompany an intimate family moments. Both will be around the lobby of the hotel, welcoming guests in attendance, as well as entering the restaurant area. Tien Chao located on the right side of the lobby. Btw, Tien Chao means heavenly tide (tide as in wave).


Let me introduce to you some of the menu.


IMG_5514


Crispy Mango Prawns Roll 48k


This was surprisingly good. The appearance was very ordinary like other roll. But when you bit it, you could feel the crunchiness. You also got fresh taste from the mango. 1 roll was never enough. You will ask for more.


IMG_5390


Salmon Wo Tie 48k


This was the first time I tried wo tie with salmon filling. And I like it. The salmon smelled nice and very delicious or 好吃 (Hào chī) in mandarin hahaha..


IMG_5416


Steamed Unagi Dumpling 55k


I love unagi. Always love unagi. The dumpling was very tender. Melts in your mouth!! Just love it.


IMG_5433


Yee Sang in Thai Style 288k


In celebration of the Chinese lunar calendar’s most important festival, Chinese New Year, numerous dishes from different origins are savoured. Yee Sang is one such traditional dish. It is symbolic of good luck, prosperity, health and all things auspicious. Yusheng, yee sang or yuu sahng, or Prosperity Toss, also known as lo hei is a Teochew-style raw fish salad. We should mix all together (salmon, deep fried crab, vegetables, and etc) with chopsticks. After that, enjoy it in a lettuce wraps. The crunchiness was incredible. Yummy!


IMG_5441 DSC_0452DSC_0455 DSC_0459


Roasted Peking Duck 328k


Ugh, roasted peking duck was always my favorite when I ate in chinese restaurant. Hihihi.. This menu is a must!! The meat was tender, the thin skin was crunchy and the best part was the aroma. I could see myself drooling. The truth is, I couldn't stop eating this peking duck, help!!! Peking duck is a famous duck dish from Beijing that has been prepared since the imperial era, and is now considered a national dish of China.


IMG_5477 IMG_5466


Smoked Australian Tenderloin Beef 388k


OMG! The beef was so tender. And I could taste the wine in every bite. Yes, it was marinated in wine. Amahzing!! The funny thing was I thought it will be hard to chew. Gotcha!! It was easy to chew and very addictive hahaha.. At first, I didn't like the smokey aroma. Too smokey for me. But, after I ate the beef, I totally forgot about it :D


DSC_0470 IMG_5489


XO Seafood Fried Rice 218k


Oh I love rice. I think everybody know that hahahaha.. When they served this fried rice, I liked "Yaaaaaaaaaaay, rice!! Finally!!" hahaha.. But, the fried rice was too spicy for me. I had to refill my cup of tea all the time hihihi.. The seafood was generous though. Love it.


IMG_5504


Lemongrass Jelly 58k


This jelly was very sweet and it was refreshing enough for a dessert. Oh, one thing was bothering me. The price. Yes, the price is not right for me hahaha.. Well, you can be the judge after trying this one. Enjooooooy..


IMG_5505 IMG_5510


Fyi, Gran Melia have set menu for Chinese New Year 2014. Book your tables asap!!!


Chinese New Year Set Menu 1 - 688k ++/Person


Salmon “Yee Sang“ in Red Wine Honey Dressing
Roasted Crispy Duck with Jelly Fish
Braised Sea Treasure Soup
Steamed Star Grouper in “ Hongkong “ Style
Sea Prawn in Golden Salted Egg Yolk
Wok Braised Sea Food E- Fu Noodle
Crispy Chinese Yearly cake with Yam
Red Bean with Coconut Cream Soup


Chinese New Year Set Menu 2 - 788k ++/Person


Salmon “Yee Sang “ in Thai Style
Braised Sea Cucumber with Dry Scallop and Sea Food Dumpling Soup
Braised 10 Head Abalone with Twins Mushroom and Green Vegetables
“Ying Yang“ Sea Prawn in Crispy Mayonnaise and XO Asparagus
Steamed Fish Star Grouper with Garlic and Crispy Salted Vegetables in Light Soya Sauce
Traditional Fried Rice Wrap in Lotus Leaf
Crispy Chinese Yearly cake with Yam
Red Bean with Coconut Cream Soup


Chinese New Year Set Menu 3 - 988k ++/Person


Crispy Soft Shell Crab and Salmon “Yee Sang” in Red Wine Honey Dressing
Golden Sea Treasure with Bird Nest Soup
Braised 8 Head Abalone with Spinach Bean curd in Dry Scallops Sauce
Steamed Fish Star Grouper with Chinese Ham and Mushroom in Light Soya Sauce
King Prawn in Butter Cream with Walnut
Traditional Fried Rice Wrap in Lotus Leaf
Yam Sago Soup served Sesame Ball with Pandan Paste


image005


Thank you Gran Melia and Tien Chao for inviting me. See you in the next event.


Tien Chao Restaurant
Gran Melia Hotel Jakarta
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. X-O
Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan
Phone: 021-5268080
FB Fan Page: Gran Melia Jakarta
twitter: @GRANMELIA_JKT

Comments

Popular Posts