[EVENT] Nordic Cuisine C's Steak and Seafood Grand Hyatt Jakarta

October 8th, 2015. I was invited to C's Steak and Seafood at Grand Hyatt Jakarta for Nordic Cuisine. I met fellow foodies and some media people. It was always fun to be back to Grand Hyatt. I really love their hospitality.


image008



FINDS [Finland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden]


Jaakko was plucked direct from Helsinki, where he was instrumental in building up the success of two Michelin-star restaurant, Chez Dominique. For ten years, he was also in the chef team preparing dinners for the official state visits in the Presidential Palace of Finland and worked as a private chef for the executive board of Nokia. Recently Jaakko was invited to Tokyo to cook a Finnish dinner of Japanese ingredients for Princess Takamado of Japan. Previous ‘princess experience’ includes private dinners for Princess of Sweden and Princess of Saudi-Arabia. Jaakko has been with FINDS since day one. His creativity and innate joy in sharing the best of Scandinavian lifestyle and contemporary Northern European cuisine are a driving force for the FINDS brand.


Since having settled in Hong Kong with his lovely wife, Jaakko has been elected President of Disciples Escoffier – Hong Kong and made numerous TV appearances and interviews with major magazines and broadsheets. He has also written a recipe book, SCAPAS DINING, which was nominated in Le Cordon Bleu’s World Food Media Awards. Recently, he was recognized as Chef of the Year 2015 in Foodie Fork Award in respect to his boundless creativity, sophisticated culinary technique and passion for injecting Nordic spirit in his works.


Jaakko is a celebrity chef par excellence – and you’ll find him happily cooking in the FINDS kitchen, applying his philosophy of creating dishes with clean & honest flavours using modern techniques.”



NORDIC CUISINE


with Chef Jaakko Sorsa


Smooth Salmon Soup


King crab, dill cucumbers


The soup looked very rich and heavy. But when I slurped it a little bit, it was so smooth. No wonder they called it Smooth Salmon Soup. It's a little bit salty but I think it's just me. Because it's my habit to reduce the salt in my food. I need rice if the food too salty LOL. But, this was just a little bit. Not too salty. The king crab and dill cucumbers added a crunchy texture in the soup. Well, I could say this soup was soupaaaah!!!


IMG_8679


Salmon in Six Ways


Gravad lax, cold-smoked, seared, mousse, pickled, smoked roe


I loved them all. But if  you asked me to choose 1. I think I choose the mousse salmon. Why? Because it's very unique. The gravlax was also unique but it's quite similar with sashimi. The cold-smoked, seared, pickled and smoked roe were delicious but not very unique. The mousse salmon was very tender and soft and fluffy and so on and so on.


Gravlax is a Nordic dish consisting of raw salmon, cured in salt, sugar, and dill. Gravlax is usually served as an appetiser, sliced thinly and accompanied by hovmästarsås (literally steward sauce, also known as gravlaxsås), a dill and mustard sauce, either on bread of some kind, or with boiled potatoes.


IMG_8686


Roots and Mushrooms


Roasted gold root and beetroot, brined mushroom salad


LOL. I knew it from the moment I saw the menu. Ugh, roots!! I never like roots hahahaha. But yeah, some Chef can make roots become a beautiful dish with unique taste. Well, still, it won't be my favourite. Still. Sorry Chef. But, I finished it!!! All of them. LOL.


IMG_8690


Duck Breast 'Patrami'


Smoked bell pepper sauce, burned feta


The duck was juicy. Just as I expected. The burned feta was cute. Yup, tasted very cute. Hahaha. Well, I love cheese. That's why. No need to explain, right? I love duck, I love cheese. What could go wrong with those? Nothing.


Feta (Greek: φέτα, féta, "slice") is a brined curd white cheese made in Greece from sheep's milk, or from a mixture of sheep and goat's milk. Similar brined white cheeses produced outside the European Union are often made partly or wholly of cow's milk, and they are also sometimes called feta. It is a crumbly aged cheese, commonly produced in blocks, and has a slightly grainy texture. Feta is used as a table cheese, as well as in salads (e.g. the Greek salad) and pastries. Most notable is its use in the popular phyllo-based dishes spanakopita ("spinach pie") and tyropita ("cheese pie"), or served with some olive oil or olives and sprinkled with aromatic herbs such as oregano. It can also be served cooked or grilled, as part of a sandwich, in omelettes, or as a salty alternative to other cheeses in a variety of dishes.


IMG_8693


Slightly Smoked Veal Tenderloin


Porcini-barley, black currant sauce


The tenderloin was very juicy and tender. But too bad I didn't really like the Porcini-barley and the black currant sauce. Everybody said it was delicious. Sorry Chef. I prefer the tenderloin without the sauce. So, after one big bite, I let the rest of my tenderloin to my friend's plate. But, the tenderloin was delicious, Chef. True! :)


IMG_8699


'Daim' Parfait


Meringue, Almond, caramel, dark chocolate, white chocolate, red berries, spruce needles


If I should rename this dessert, I will rename it to: "D*mn Parfait!" Yeah, it's parfaitly delicious. (read: perfectly) LOL. You combined meringue, almond, caramel, and chocolate. Primo! It's sweet, delicious, soft, fluffy, you name it! I ate 2 plates. Yup! That's right. A friend of mine didn't wanna finish it, so yeah, I finished it! In a jiffy! Best dessert to close my dinner.


IMG_8704



Thanks C's and Chef Jaakko for the wonderful dinner. Please come again. And indulge us again with your magic creations.


Cheers!!


IMG_8665


C’s Steak and Seafood Restaurant
4th fl. Grand Hyatt Hotel Jakarta
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Jakarta 10350
Phone: 021-29921234
IG: @grandhyattjakarta
IG: @csjakarta

Comments

Popular Posts