[CLOSED] Socieaty Plaza Indonesia Thamrin Jakarta

September 25th, 2015. I had a lovely dinner at Socieaty by Les Amis group, Plaza Indonesia. I was there with my fellow foodies. When I came, they had been opened for 5 days only. Located at Ground level, Socieaty was quite eye-catching with their design. It was minimalist with moody ambiance. One cozy place to eat.


IMG_8079 IMG_8078



The Environment


IMG_8073 IMG_8074 IMG_8085 IMG_8084 IMG_8081 IMG_8071 IMG_8072



The Menu


IMG_8068



APPETISER


Fried Baby Squid 95k


Black Ink Battered Baby Squid, Aioli
est. La Taperia


This was our favourite. I guess, everybody loves this. It's delicious with great texture. Very well-seasoned too. The squid was still chewy with soft texture. I never like when a squid was overcooked. Recommended!


IMG_8103


Garlic Chili Prawn 148k


Prawn, Garlic Chili, Parsley
est. La Taperia


A little bit spicy. The prawns were fresh with a very nice texture. It's crunchy, firm, crisp texture and very juicy. Bouncy in texture and slightly firm with a slight hint of a crunch! Terrific! And you need to eat while still hot. Err.. it's only 5 prawns, so you better hurry before somebody finish it before you. LOL.


IMG_8099



LIGHT BITES


Parma Ham Piadina 118k


Parma and Saueteed Mushroom, Arugula, Balsamic Glaze
est. La Strada


At first, I was very skeptical about this one. But after one bite, I knew that everyone will agree with me. Piadina topped with the parma ham, sautéed mushroom and arugula. Best light bites here, I guess. The piadina was crispy, not as hard as I thought. Ugh, right now, I'm craving for this.


Parma Ham is prosciutto from that area of Emilia-Romana defined by European law as the region of Parma and is regarded as perhaps the only true prosciutto.


Piadina or Piada is a thin Italian flatbread, typically prepared in the Romagna region. It is usually made with white flour, lard or olive oil, salt and water.


IMG_8115


Salmon Piadina 118k


Smoked Salmon, Sour Cream, Honey Dill Mustard
est. La Strada


This menu was similar with the previous one. The difference was only the topping. It's smoked salmon, sour cream and honey dill mustard. Well, I prefer the Parma Ham Piadina. But, this Salmon Piadina was also delicious, with the smokey salmon. But, I didn't really like the sour cream. Yup, prefer the previous one. Sorry. :(


IMG_8119


Spicy Chicken Quesadilla 148k


Tender Chicken Thigh marinated with Sriracha and Tomato Sauce, Bell Pepper, Pineapple, Onion, Mozzarella, Parsley


Spicy and Quesadilla. A combination that I didn't like. So yeah, actually, I only tried a bite. It's not that spicy, and the chicken was very generous. It was really full of flavours, as you can see, they had sriracha sauce, tomato sauce, bell pepper, pineapple, onion, mozzarella and parsley. Full of flavours, right?


Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.


IMG_8101



MAIN COURSE


Roast Chicken (half) 128k


Pan-roasted Half Chicken with Asian Spices, Potato, Garlic Fine Bean


This roast chicken was delicious. But, it's not my favourite main course. You just wait and see, you will find out what my favourite is. LOL. The roast chicken was tender enough, but I didn't feel like it was super tender. Some of my friends said that it was super duper delicious. But, for me, errr.. just delicious. Please forgive my photo. It's too dark there. *sigh*


IMG_8113


Lamb Shank 265k


Slow-cooked Lamb Shank, Onion, Cherry Tomato Confit, Crushed Potato
est. Bistro du Vin


The lamb shank was very tender. It's also not smelly. But, unfortunately.. *well, I hate to say this*.. they need to give an additional herbs or spices. It will make it taste better, with rich sensation.


IMG_8110


Suckling Pig 460k


Suckling Pig Confit, Peach, Caramelized White Onion, Sherry Vinegar, Straight Cut Fries
est. La Taperia


Best suckling pig eveeeeeeer. I didn't really suckling pig because mostly the skin was hard to bite and sometimes it was.. hmm how do you say it.. over-burnt? Yeah, you know what I mean laaah.. But this one, it was perfectly cooked. And the skin.. oohmaigatttt.. so crispy and crunchy and just at the right texture.. The meat was so tender and juicy and melt in your mouth, literally. Funny thing, the menu is in the sharing portion menu. NO WAY JOSE!! I won't share!


IMG_8111



PASTA


Truffle Carbonara 228k


Fresh Chittara Pasta, Truffle Scented Beurre Blanc, Crispy Parma, Egg Confit, Shaved Parmesan


At first, I thought, "Is it angel hair pasta? But it's a little bit bigger. Hmm, I wonder.." Turns out, it was chitarra pasta. The texture was amazing. The carbonara sauce was excellent. Tasted delicious with creamy texture. It's like the pasta and the carbonara were soulmate. No need to say anything to the Truffle Scented Beurre Blanc. Truffle was always tipsify. The crispy parma, egg confit and shaved parmesan. What should I say about them? Hmm.. They were complimenting each other. And they made this dish just perfect!


The spaghetti alla chitarra, also known as maccheroni alla chitarra, are a variety of egg pasta typical of Abruzzo, Italy. Tonnarelli are a similar pasta from Lazio. They have a square cross section about 2-3 mm thick. The tool with which this pasta is produced, called the "chitarra" (guitar), gives the pasta its name, shape, and a porous texture that allows pasta sauce to adhere well. The chitarra is a frame with a series of parallel wires crossing it.


IMG_8114



SWEET TOOTH SELECTION


Soufflé with Ice Cream - Chocolate and Hazelnut @ 95k


I tried both of them. And the hazelnut was my guilty pleasure. Well, the chocolate soufflé was delicious, but you can find it everywhere I guess. It's totally different with hazelnut. Well, the hazelnut itself, yes, you can find it everywhere too. But hazelnut soufflé? *big grin* Sweet and full-flavoured soufflé for dessert? Totally worth it!


IMG_8133IMG_8134


Floating Island 65k


Meringue Drizzled with Vanilla Sauce, Candied Almond
est. Bistro du Vin


Anything in meringue was delicious. For me. Haha. Come on! It's meringue. Sweet and sweet and sweet. LOL. Ok, back to this dessert. The appearance was very pretty. I didn't have the heart to eat it first. So I let my friend to cut the cake first. Hahaha. After that.. it's my turn to try it. And I just commented: "Wow." Melt in my mouth, literally. It's like I was eating foam. Hihihi. Very foamy, spongy, creamy, yeah all that soft foam-like things. It's one of their signature dessert so I guess you should try it. Recommended? Definitely!


A floating island is a European dessert of French origin, a dessert consisting of meringue floating on crème anglaise (a vanilla custard). The meringues are prepared from whipped egg whites, sugar and vanilla extract then quickly poached. The crème anglaise is prepared with the egg yolks, vanilla, and hot milk, briefly cooked.


Meringue, (/məˈræŋ/, mə-rangFrench pronunciation: ​[məˈʁɛ̃ɡ]) is a type of dessert, often associated with French, Swiss, and Italian cuisine, made from whipped egg whites or aquafaba and sugar, and occasionally an acid such as lemon, vinegar or cream of tartar. A binding agent such as salt, cornstarch or gelatin may also be added to the eggs.


IMG_8130


Tarts Platter


Caramel Hazelnut, Strawberry, Pistachio, Passionfruit Meringue, Dark Chocolate and Mango. I tried them all hahahahaha *devil laugh* Well, my favourite was caramel hazelnut. Well, everyone else likes the mango tart. But, I prefer the caramel hazelnut. It's sweet. The sweetness was perfect for my palate. Strawberry and dark chocolate were delicious, but that's it. The Pistachio was not as pistachio as I expected. Passionfruit Meringue tart? Too sour. And for the mango, it's delicious. But I need more mango in that tart. Well, call me Ms. Persnickety. LOL.


IMG_8080 20150925_201851-01


Overall, I had a very lovely dinner with lovely friends and great food. Btw, congratulations Socieaty. Keep up the great job!!


Socieaty
by Les Amis group
Plaza Indonesia GF level
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 28-30
Jakarta 10350
Phone: 021-29923888
IG: @socieaty

Comments

Popular Posts