Sapori Deli Fairmont Hotel Senayan Jakarta

August 10th, 2015. I went to Sapori Deli, the newly launched deli at Fairmont Hotel Jakarta. I met fellow foodies there. And I thought, "yes, definitely will have so much fun." Located in 3rd floor of Fairmont Jakarta, Sapori Deli divided into 2 parts. I will tell you about the place after this, with pictures of course.


IMG_6941


Sapori Deli is an exciting dining option that offers Italian themed urban café where various components overlap; barista, gourmet retail, bakery & bistro. During this preview, our executive Chef Andrew Zarzosa and head chef Ahmad Gojali will provide you with an exciting hands on session to learn how to create restaurant style sandwiches. Explore the warmth of Sapori Deli’s hospitality and live cooking kitchen while you savor Sapori’s delectable dishes such as Confit Chicken Sandwich, Muffaletta, The JKT Pizza and more.


When you came in, you will find a cozy place to eat. There were elegant tables, or you could choose the seating row while seeing the open pizza kitchen - or making pizza, in my experience. :)


IMG_6938 IMG_6972IMG_6940 IMG_6936


And the other side was a deli shop. It's very comfortable with a stall to buy sandwich or pastries or cakes. The place was homey and feels like home. I could imagine myself sitting there, drinking a cup of tea, listening to relaxing music, and eating bunch of sandwiches. LOL.


IMG_6931 IMG_6932 IMG_6928 IMG_6927 IMG_6933 IMG_6934



The Menu


IMG_6942


While we're making pizza, they served sandwiches in sharing size. They were all delicious with their own uniqueness. And best of all, they served pork. OMG! Yes, I know, I know. I should hold my big appetite when we talk about pork hahaha..


Crab Salad 110k


Avocado, Rocket, Cucumber, Onion, Orange


Didn't have a chance to try this one. My tummy was too full with pizza. LOL.


IMG_6945


Duck Ham 85k


Taleggio, Mix Lettuce, Mostarda


I didn't try this sandwich, so too bad, I cannot share my thoughts about this sandwich.


Taleggio is a semi-soft, washed rind, smear-ripened Italian cheese that is named after Val Taleggio. The cheese has a thin crust and a strong aroma, but its flavor is comparatively mild with an unusual fruity tang.


Mostarda di frutta is an Italian condiment made of candied fruit and a mustard-flavoured syrup.


IMG_6948


Prosciutto di Parma 130k


Buffalo Mozzarella, Rocket, Tomato, Basil, Ciabatta


Ciabatta was never my favourite. I don't know why but I just didn't like it. But the buffalo mozzarella was beyond compare. So delicious. Well, I love cheese. That's why. :)


Ciabatta is an Italian white bread made from wheat flour, water, salt, olive oil and yeast, created in 1982 by a baker in Adria, Veneto, Italy, in response to popularity of French baguettes.


IMG_6949


The NYC Italian Hero 110k


Salami, Mortadella, Lettuce, Tomato, Pepper Jam, Pickled Pepper, Hoagie


Mortadella is a large Italian sausage or cold cut made of finely hashed or ground, heat-cured pork, which incorporates at least 15% small cubes of pork fat. Mortadella is a product of Bologna, Italy.


Hoagie: A submarine sandwich, also known as a sub, wedge, hoagie, hero, grinder, baguette, or one of the many regional naming variations, is a type of sandwich that consists of a long roll of Italian bread split widthwise into two pieces, and filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, seasonings, and sauces.


IMG_6952


Confit Chicken 120k


Provolone, Baby Spinach, Roasted Pepper, Caramelized Onion, Herbed Ciabbata


This was the best!! They recommended this one, and I agreed right away. The chicken was very tender. And I love how the provolone and other ingredients made this sandwich tasted so good. I just didn't really like the ciabbata. LOL.


Provolone is an Italian cheese that originated in Casilli near Vesuvius, where it is still produced in shapes varying from 10 to 15 cm long pear, sausage, or cone shapes.


IMG_6953


Roasted Beef 130k


Thinly Sliced Prime US Beef, Provolone, Rocket, Onion, Roasted Pepper, Mostarda


IMG_6955


Muffaletta 125k


Salami, Prosciutto, Moradella, Lettuce, Onion, Olive, Relish, Tomato Focaccia


I love it. It's like pork bun I used to eat in dim sum restaurant. Once you bite it, the salami and the prosciutto ran the show. It's so delicious, you won't share. Definitely.


The muffuletta is both a type of round Sicilian sesame bread and a popular sandwich originating among Italian immigrants in New Orleans, Louisiana using the same bread.


Prosciutto is a dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served uncooked; this style is called prosciutto crudo in Italian and is distinguished from cooked ham, prosciutto cotto.


IMG_6957


And this is my pizza creation, consists of bacon, mushrooms and cheese. A lot of cheese!!! I called it T-Recs, because I made it in a rectangle shape. :) We simply learned from Chef Andrew Zarzosa and Chef Ahmad Gojali. Now I know how to make pizza. Of course, with dough-ready from the expert. LOL. And, I did the pizza all by myself. No one helped me. So, even though it's not as good as the others, I'm still very proud of myself. Yaaaay, I did it!!!


IMG_6965


Thank you Sapori Deli and Fairmont Jakarta. Hope to see you again soon. And, congratulations for the opening. All the best. :)


Sapori Deli
Fairmont Jakarta
Jl. Asia Afrika No.8
Gelora Bung Karno
Jakarta 10270
Phone: 021-29703333
IG: @fairmontjakarta

Comments

Popular Posts