Unforgettable Dinner Riva Grill Bar and Terrace The Park Lane Jakarta

October 7th, 2014. The Park Lane Jakarta invited some foodies to have dinner at Riva Grill Bar and Terrace in an al fresco dining. It's just a casual dinner, just to introduce signature menus from Riva. After re-opening on April 2014, Riva came with new look. I happened to come to their re-opening. Just click here.


IMG_3943 IMG_4009


Now, let's see what we had for dinner.


APPETIZER


To Share:


Seared Scallops 115k


This dish was tender, mild and delectable. The scallops tasted perfect. If you look for an exotic dish, I think this one is the answer for you. The scallops were so delicate, you won't realize you finish it all by yourself :) Trust me. So hard to control yourself.  It's so to-die-for.


IMG_3958 IMG_3957


Riva Spring Roll 65k


This spring roll filled with chicken, prawn and foie gras. Can you imagine the taste? It was very savoury. Served with a tasty blue cheese dip, it was incredibly amazing! Not too big for a spring roll, make it easier to devour. Nom nom nom.


Spring rolls are a large variety of filled, rolled appetizers or Dim Sum found in East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine. The name is a literal translation of the Chinese chūn juǎn (春卷 'spring roll'). The kind of wrapper, fillings, and cooking technique used, as well as the name, vary considerably within this large area, depending on the regions culture.


IMG_3948


Moroccan Lamb Kofta 95k


It was really a great choice to nibbling something good. This lamb kofta served with fresh tomato garlic and basil sauce. The lamb was surprisingly not smelly. Mix of spices gave it a very interesting flavour. Sensationally tasty and moist. Definitely a winner.


Kofta is an Afghani, Azerbijanian, Balkan, Pakistani, Indian, Iranian, Arab, and Turkish meatball or meatloaf. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of minced or ground meat—usually beef or lamb—mixed with spices and/or onions. In Pakistan, India, Turkey and Iran, koftas are usually made of lamb, beef, mutton or chicken, whereas Greek and Cypriot varieties are usually made of beef, veal, pork or mixtures of them. They are often shaped into meatballs which are prepared with a mixture of ground meat, rice and leeks, and served dry. In India, vegetarian varieties, likelauki kofta and shahi aloo kofta, are popular, as religious beliefs generally forbid consumption of meat. In Iran, Pakistan and Balochistan, koftas are served with a spiced gravy, as dry versions are considered to be kebabs. Shrimp and fish koftas are found in South India, West Bengal, Bangladesh and in some parts of the Persian Gulf states.


IMG_3961


Duck Pizza 95k


The pizza was well-seasoned. Sweet and savoury, can you imagine? The pizza was wood fire oven cooked. It was cooked perfectly, of course. On top, they put roast duck and hoisin sauce together. The combination was fantastic. The duck was tender and out of the world delicious. Recommended!!!


IMG_3935


Seafood Pizza 95k


The great thing about pizza, you can put anything on top. Now it's time for seafood to take action. I never ate seafood pizza, but I found this one was delish. The seafood toppings were so generous. Even though it was incredibly tasty, one slice was enough for me. So when a friend asked me to finish this pizza, I had to refuse because I prepared my tummy for another food hahaha..


IMG_3931 IMG_3933


Seafood Chowder 115k


Yaaay, my seafood chowder wasn't smell fishy. Personally, for me, the soup was tasty. It's thick, rich and very creamy. It's very thick that I ate it real slowly. Seafood chowder wasn't my favourite, but I love soup. So, that's why I ordered this one. Hihihi.. Serve on the cold evening, the warm seafood chowder was really a good choice. Absolutely scrumptious.


IMG_3976


Mushroom Cappuccino 65k


This one was a rich, earthy soup made with mushrooms and served in a cappuccino cup. LOL. I thought it was a mushroom soup with a taste of cappuccino hahahaha.. That's why, when they asked me, I definitely say no to this dish. Good thing, my buddy ordered this, so I could taste it. And, I was stunned. This mushroom cappuccino was so delicious I could fall from my chair. Topped with foam, made it more elegant.


IMG_3973


MAIN


200 gr "Rangers Valley" Tenderloin MB 3+ (300+days Grain Fed Beef Wagyu) 447k


Rangers Valley is a World class Producers of long fed, pure Black Angus and Wagyu cross breeds. I love wagyu. The meat was so tender and juicy. Tasted sooooo scrumptious. It's literary bursting in your mouth. Made me wanna cry.. The mushroom was delicious too. Added an earthy flavour to the tenderloin. I remember I had this wagyu a couple months ago. And while chewing it, I talk to the meat, "Hai hai.. meet again.." Then I promised to myself, I should ask my husband to join me someday. I love their wagyu. Amazingly delicious!!!


IMG_3986


"Kurobuta" Pork Chop 255k


Pardon my photo hahaha.. I took many pictures and this was the best photo LOL.. It didn't look like pork. In fact, it looked like dinosaur hahaha.. Ok, enough with the picture. I was in love with this pork chop. It was succulent and extremely juicy. It was my buddy's order, but I wish it were mine! Huft, next time I should order this one too :D


Kurobuta or "black hog" pork comes from the famed Berkshire pig. Yup, Berkshire and kurobuta are the same thing. And this is one meat where it makes a real difference. Ever had a leathery, dry pork chop or tenderloin you simply didn't have enough saliva to swallow? Conventional farm-raised pigs tend to lack the incredibly tasty fat that heritage breeds have maintained, and which keeps their meat juicy, tender and, yes, expensive. But if you're a true fan of pork, heritage is worth every succulent bite.


IMG_3989


DESSERT


Mango Pannacota 75k


There's always room for dessert in my tummy. Mango Pannacotta was my choice for the dessert. Mango is a fruit that make a great dessert. Never failed me. Different from pannacotta. Some people couldn't make it right. But, this mango pannacota was quite perfect. A little bit too dense, but tasted good, so I will forget about the dense hahahaha..


Panna cotta (from Italian cooked cream) is an Italian dessert made by blending thick cream, egg white and honey. The blend is then baked in abain-marie in a low oven. The original panna cotta really does feel and taste like "cooked cream," but requires very careful monitoring of oven temperatures and timing.


IMG_4004


Chocolate Flourless Cake 75k


This is so perfect for chocolate lovers. Those who called themselves chocoholics, beware! You have met your match! This was totally delicious. Smooth, sumptuous, and tasted real good. I just wondering how long it will be on the plate.. Hmm.. not long!! Hands down to this cake. A flourless cake could give such a good cakegasm in my mouth. Recommended!


A flourless chocolate cake is a type of cake made from an aerated chocolate custard. It is prepared with a whole egg foam in a manner similar to aGénoise cake, using low heat from the melted chocolate to stabilize the protein matrix (which contains only the starch naturally present in the chocolate) and then baked in a bain-marie. While traditionally considered a restaurant-style dessert, flourless chocolate cake is also popular for gluten-free diets.


IMG_4000


Thanks Riva and Park Lane for the wonderful dinner. It is really unforgettable. See you again..


RIVA Grill Bar Terrace
The Park Lane Jakarta
Jalan Casablanca Kav. 18
Jakarta 12870
Phone: 021-8282000
FB Fan Page: Riva Grill Bar Terrace
twitter: @Riva_GrillnBar

Comments

Popular Posts