Rock Paper Scissors at The East Tower Mega Kuningan Jakarta

February 10th, 2017. One rainy day, I woke up 9am with feeling unwell and lazy mind. I had planned to watch new movie that just premiered, but my hubby thought that he can't make it today. Well, the night before, I asked my friend about this new place in SCBD area. Actually I planned to visit it since the PR asked me to. So, I thought, why not today? Around 11am, I had this urge to go outside, and lucky me, my friend Darius came to Jakarta. I took my sister to the place, since she wanted to see the ambiance of it. And I asked Darius to meet us there. Rock Paper Scissors.


Print


Inspired by the tradional hand game that is popularized in Japan, Rock Paper Scissors is a modern Japanese bistro that focuses in Yoshoku dishes, a style of Western inspired cooking in Japan. The bistro’s heaf chef, Cla Lisca, has lived in Japan for five years and graduated from Nagoya Culinary School. Focusing in specialty Coffee & Cocktails, RPS aims to serve its customers both during mornings and the happy hours. The coffee bar is crafted by Indonesia’s barista champion 2014-2016, and founder of Common Grounds Roastery, Yoshua Tanu, and the Cocktail bar is designed by Nick Lim, top mixologist from Singapore.


Located at The East Tower Mega Kuningan, Rock Paper Scissors is a little bit confusing at first. I couldn't see the sign of it. I searched the place with my sister. I had to ask the security there, and it was in front of us. LOL. Actually it looked so small. But when I walked in further, I found a very beautiful place inside. It's like coming to another dimension. The front area was like small coffee shop with dim lighting, and inside was the dining area with natural light. It was very lovely and adorable. Funny thing about this place: I saw their Instagram account and realized that it was Chronicle's IG account. So I guess they closed Chronicle and opened this Rock Paper Scissors. I was so sad when I heard the news that Chronicle closed already. I hope this Rock Paper Scissors will become a great addition to our list of delicious restaurants in Jakarta.


IMG_3336 IMG_3337 IMG_3338 IMG_3339 IMG_3341 IMG_3342 IMG_3344 IMG_3340 IMG_3345 IMG_3343 IMG_3347 IMG_3350 IMG_3346 IMG_3351  IMG_3349



COFFEE


Cappuccino 30k


It was Darius' order. And I believed it must be good. Well, Darius told me that it's really good. And when I tried it myself, I loved it hahaha. I love light coffee. It's nice for my tummy. Yaaay.. I love coffee! Hohoho..


IMG_3364



TEA BY RONNEFELDT


Classic Green Tea 25k


Fresh and soothing. My type of tea. It's very light with earthy aroma. Love it.


IMG_3367



APPETIZERS


Chicken & Shiitake Gyoza 55k


Minced Chicken, Minced Shiitake, Ponzu Sauce


One of the best gyoza. Sometimes people made a gyoza that a little bit watery. But this time I got a perfect texture of gyoza. Crunchy yet tender. Both of us loved it. The ponzu sauce was outstanding. Such a perfect appetizer to start our meal.


IMG_3357 IMG_3358



ROCK


Loco Moco 80k


Hamburg, Sauteed Kinoko, Butter Rice, Sunny Side Up


Darius helped me to choose this dish since I had my doubt to pick one from the menu. And I was satified with this Loco Moco. Tasted scrumptious with tender and juicy texture of the hamburg. Perfect sunny side up. And the butter rice was overwhelming. A little bit mushy but I didn't mind. Sauteed Kinoko enhanced the character of this dish. Recommended.


IMG_3361 IMG_3353 IMG_3354 IMG_3366



PAPER


Tuna Poke Bowl 95k


Avocado, Poke Tuna, Rice, Edamame, Soy Dressings


The best. That's all I can say. Actually we had reason to order this one. Darius asked Chef Lisca what's her favourite dish. At first she said she loved them all. Well, she must have one most favourite dish, right? Then she said, she love Tuna Poke Bowl. So we ordered right away. And.. it was divine! Thanks Chef for recommending this one. One spoonful and I was stunned. Well actually we both stunned. We froze as the heavenly luscious dish touched our palate. It was crunchy and mushy at the same time. Couldn't describe any other words. Super recommended!


IMG_3370 IMG_3372 IMG_3373



SCISSORS


Striploin & Truffle Don 135k


Striploin Steak, Onsen Egg, Truffle Oil, Rice


Darius ordered this one without a doubt. And when I saw it on istagram, I agreed. But then it was little bit fail our expectation. The striploin was delicious with perfect texture. The onsen egg and truffle oil were beyond compare. Almost flawless. Too bad the rice was plain. They put sauce, of course. But couldn't add the taste of the rice. It's just plain. I prefer that they put more sauce or something tasty for the rice. Other than that, just perfect.


IMG_3365 IMG_3356


Thank you Rock Paper Scissors. Thank you Chef Lisca for those delicious food. Thank you Adel for accompanying us. Definitely will be back for more dishes. See you soon.



Rock Paper Scissors
The East Tower
Ground Floor Unit 08 A-C
Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan
Kuningan, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 29527101
IG: @rockpaperscrs

Comments

Popular Posts