Gelato Secrets at ShopHaus Menteng Jakarta

January 30th, 2017. After a visit to hotel at Cawang area, we drove to Menteng. There's a new place that I wanted to go there since it's opened. Well, finally I had a chance to go there. I was invited to come to one of their tenants. So, I went there with Vivi *remember my niece?* We went to ShopHaus, finally. Gelato Secrets.


IMG_2710


Gelato Secrets was founded by Maria Indah and Gregory Carlo Lentini. They were inspired by their childhood memories and a shared love and passion for gelato. First shop was in Ubud in 2009. They use only 100% natural, fresh ingredients from carefully selected suppliers, free from artificial flavouring, colouring and preservatives, comprising both Italian classics and exotic Indonesian flavours derived from seasonal local fruits and spices. Now they opened in Jakarta, located in ShopHaus. Hooray! The cute outlet, side by side with a coffeeshop, welcomed us in the facade of ShopHaus.


IMG_2709 IMG_2711 IMG_2712 IMG_2708 IMG_2714 IMG_2715 IMG_2716 IMG_2717 IMG_2718 IMG_2719


They gave us options of 24 flavours from the gelato bar. Baileys, Rum Raisins, Coffee & Hazelnut, Salted Butter Caramel, Jasmine Tea, Vanilla Bean from Singaraja Bali, Lemon with Candied Zest, Pistachio, Durian from Medan, Brownies Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate from Tabanan Bali, Ferrero Rocher, Raw Chocolate, Chocolate Chili, Green Tea, Bamboo Charchoal Organic Vanilla Bean from Sulawesi, Cheese Cake with Passion Fruit Sauce, Blueberry Lavender, Coconut & Chocochips, Mango Harum Manis, Lemongrass, Coconut Pandan, Yoghurt with Raspberry Sauce, and Strawberry. Whoaaaa.. so hard to choose, right?


IMG_2713 IMG_2720 IMG_2721


Gelato & Sorbetto 30k S 45k M 60k L


Vivi chose the M size with 3 flavours. Baileys, Lemon with Candied Zest, and Bamboo Charchoal Organic Vanilla Bean from Sulawesi. She loved those flavours. And I think the most favourite of her was the lemon with candied zest. I love it too.


I myself chose the L size with 4 flavours. Salted Butter Caramel, Jasmine Tea, Dark Chocolate from Tabanan Bali, and Mango Harum Manis. I loved the Jasmine Tea. It tasted exactly like Teh Botol. LOL. But my crush was the Salted Butter Caramel. It's like the teddy bear that you want to cuddle all day long. :) I guess I have to bring my hubby here. He's a gelato's lover. Wait for us!


IMG_2722 IMG_2723


Secret Waffles 15k add 1 scoop of Gelato 25k


with icing sugar and whipped cream


I chose Cheese Cake with Passion Fruit Sauce on top of the waffle. I really like the texture of the waffle. It's not too soft and not too crispy. Just the perfect texture that I fond of. The cheese cake with passion fruit sauce gelato, was one of the perfect companion of the waffle.


IMG_2727


Thank you Gelato Secrets for those delicious gelato and sorbetto. See you again soon!


Gelato Secrets
ShopHaus
Jl. Teuku Cik Ditiro No.36
Menteng, Jakarta
Phone: +62 812-8558-8156
IG: @gelatosecrets

Comments

Popular Posts