Benedict Grand Indonesia Thamrin Jakarta

February 18th, 2015. April 9th, 2015. I went to Benedict twice, and both visits were to accompany friends. I saw Benedict some time ago when I walked through their opening-soon outlet. It's one of Union groups. So it must be good. :) Located at East Mall Grand Indonesia on Lower Ground Level, Benedict was very eye-catching with their outlet concept. It's like a cafe at side of the road with big windows. Lovely. It's very easy to find this place. Just drop by East Mall lobby, then you go inside Central Department Store. There's an escalator in the middle where you can use to go down to LG floor. And voila.. Benedict, in front of you.


IMG_0774


So, will I talk about who's behind Benedict or their history etc etc? No need lah. I guess, many bloggers had already talk about it. I better talk about my experience there. Ok, before I ate there for the first time, I came to Benedict for a lunch. I asked permission to take pictures, but the male server said that I couldn't take pictures. So, I walked out from there. The next time I went there, I talked to their manager, and surprisingly, they allowed me to take pictures. They also were very friendly. So different from the previous visit. And I met their PR too. Very friendly. Btw, I recommended the sofa near the "windows" even though it's smoking area. But, it's the most comfortable seat :)


IMG_0778 IMG_0782 IMG_0771 IMG_0769


Egg in a Jar 75k


63°C Egg, Mac and Cheese, Shitake Mushrooms, Crispy Beef Bacon, Potato Foam, Brioche.


Ugh this was very unique. I think that's the first time I found a dish like this one. So they poured the potato foam before we ate, but too fast I couldn't get the picture. That's why I just put the before and after pictures. And I love the brioche. Waaaa.. so tender and fluffy. It was addicting, you know. :) Try this one. Recommended!


Brioche (/ˈbriʃ/ or /ˈbriɒʃ/French: [bʁi.ɔʃ]) is a pastry of French origin that is similar to a highly enriched bread, and whose high egg and buttercontent give it a rich and tender crumb. It is "light and slightly puffy, more or less fine, according to the proportion of butter and eggs."[1] It has a dark, golden, and flaky crust, frequently accentuated by an egg wash applied after proofing.


IMG_0786 IMG_0787 IMG_0790


Eggs Benedict - Mexican 80k


Chorizo, Peppers, Chipotle Hollandaise, Corn Fritters, Feta Cheese.


Corn fritters were not really my favourite. It's my hubby's favourite. But, this one was really unique. And of course, very well-seasoned. Love the chorizo and the hollandaise. A little bit spicy because of the peppers. But the bold and tangy flavour from the feta cheese enriched the taste of this eggs benedict. I took a bow for this mexican eggs benedict.


IMG_0808 IMG_0811 IMG_0815


Korean Bowl 90k


Pork-3-Ways or Grilled Steak, Chili Fried Rice, 7-Minutes Egg, Cauliflower, Furikake.


Chili Fried Rice. Hmm.. I tried a spoonful and yup, it's spicy. It's savoury, indeed. I didn't try much because it's not mine. I just wondered how the fried rice tasted. Btw, it's grilled steak, not pork. Hmm.. prefer pork, of course. Lalalala..


IMG_2939


Angel Hair Pasta with Duck Confit 110k


Chili Flakes, Scallions, Confit Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes, Pomegranate Molasses.


Love the pasta. I think it's one of the best angel hair pasta so far. The duck confit was very delightful. Well-seasoned. Looked spicy but tasted not that spicy. Beyond any doubt, you guys should order this when you're in Benedict. Generous portion!!


Capelli d'angelo ([kaˈpelli ˈdandʒelo], literally angel hair -- hence, "angel hair pasta" in English) with a diameter between 0.78 and 0.88 mm is an even thinner variant of capellini. They are often sold in a nest-like shape. Capelli d'angelo has been popular in Italy since at least the 14th century. As a very light pasta, it goes well in soups or as "pasta asciutta" with a seafood or other light sauces.


IMG_2938


Banoffee Pie 50k


The Banoffee consists of banana *of course* with dulce de leche, creme, and nuts as the crumble. The pie was too heavy for dessert, I guess. So you must share with friends LOL. But I love the pie. It had a very perfect texture. Love it.


Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee from boiled condensed milk (or dulce de leche), either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both.


IMG_0800 IMG_2948


Ban-A-Tella Crumble 55k


I saw the name and I instantly thought about banana and nutella with crumble. Hmm, I thought I must try this one. Voila, it's on my table. One bite and I was in love. Banana mixed with Nutella. Ugh, so delicious, although the flavour of the banana was a little stronger than the nutella. But my fork couldn't stop sticking the crumble. Hahaha.. So delicious, I finished it at once.


IMG_2953


Snickers Cheesecake 55k


The cheesecake was cute with snickers on top of it. For those who are into cheesecake, they must be very happy when they try this cheesecake. The cheese was so rich and the cake was very dense. It was delicious although it's not my kind of cake. I prefer chocolate than cheese on my cake. But, my friend loved it. Good lah :)


Snickers is a brand name chocolate bar made by Mars, Incorporated. It consists of nougat topped with caramel and peanuts, enrobed in milk chocolate. Snickers has annual global sales of $2 billion.


IMG_2950


Thanks Benedict for always giving me the best seats and delicious food. I surely will be back to try the Scotch Eggs and more desserts. See you soon ya :)


Benedict
Grand Indonesia East Mall LG #37-#39
Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 1
Jakarta Pusat 10310
Phone: 021-23581238
IG: @benedictjakarta

Comments

Popular Posts