Maple and Oak De Ritz Building Menteng Jakarta

July 2nd, 2016. I heard about this place before everybody went there. Yeah, before those reviews on the internet. LOL. Too bad, I had other events to go to, so I had to postpone my attendance there. Located in Menteng area, at De Ritz Building, it's a really a promising place to have brunch with your loved ones. Maple and Oak.


SAM_4815


When we arrived, they're still repairing the glassdoor. We waited for almost an hour before we ordered the food. Then we went to the outdoor area. Yeah, now I love natural light. But I can still take photos during night. Don't worry. Still can accept night invitation LOL. But, true, I love natural light more than dim light. Well, I'm still learning to take good photos, though. Ok, back to Maple and Oak. I love the place although it's not so spacious. Applause for the designer of the place, because they have this little alfresco area, so pretty with leaves, around the facade.


SAM_4808 SAM_4810


When I came, they greeted us so friendly. I saw Chef Odie Djamil inside the open kitchen. Well, I wanted to poke him, but I was afraid I will disturb him hahaha. Maybe next time. :) I met Jeffry Jouw from Larc, instead of Chef Odie. Thanks for the friendly gesture, man. Now, let me show you around the place.


SAM_4805 SAM_4806 SAM_4816 IMG_6552 IMG_6554 IMG_6555 IMG_6556 IMG_6559 IMG_6553 IMG_6550 IMG_6551 IMG_6547 IMG_6548 IMG_6560 IMG_6561 IMG_6549


Chocolate Hazelnut Toast 68k


Butter Seared Brioche, Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, Bruleed Banana, Soft Serve Tahitian Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Sauce, Feuilletine, and Almond Praline.


The bomb! The ingredients complimented each other. I thanked my friend for ordering this one. One hell delicious toast. The butter seared brioche was fluffy. The chocolate hazelnut spread was delicious without overly sweet. I really loved the bruleed banana. The Feuilletine and Almond Praline enhanced the texture of this toast. Definitely, one of the best dessert. Very recommended!


Feuilletine are brittle crispy flakes with caramelized, praline flavours.


IMG_6566


Maple Butter Brioche 78k


Our Signature Maple Truffle Butter, Toasted Brioche, Beef Bacon, Strawberries, Scrambled Egg, Rocket Salad, Baby Spinach, Cherry Tomato, Microgreens, and Maple Syrup.


Love everything with truffle. The fragrance of truffle makes everything delicious. Actually the scrambled egg was the genius idea. I guess, we all were in love with the scrambled egg. The soft and moist scrambled egg. OMG. My friends said they prefer the brioche without the maple, but I didn't mind. I love maple syrup hahaha. Everything with maple was delicious, for me. Btw, the texture of the toasted brioche was perfect. Another recommended dish.


IMG_6563


Coffee Butter Steak & Egg 138k (Add Foie Gras 50gr +58k)


Homemade Coffee Butter, Seared Angus Sb2+ Sirloin Steak, Sauteed Mushroom, 65°C Sous Vide Egg, Baby Spinach, Pomme Puree, Basil Oil, and Microgreens.


My sister recommended this one. And when I tried this dish, I was like, "OMG! Superb!" The foie gras was delicious, the kind of melt-in-your-mouth. But I won't mind if they make it larger hahaha.. The meat was tender and juicy and well-seasoned, even though the coffee butter was in a very light touch. But the sous vide egg was super delicious! Do not hesitate about the pomme puree. I loved it. Enhanced the flavour of all the ingredients. Don't forget to try this when you come to Maple and Oak. Most recommended!


IMG_6565 IMG_6567


My suggestion: Need more speed on preparing the food. And they should prepare for AC at the outdoor area. Too hot outside. If they provide AC, I can imagine I eat outside, looking at the traffic, and enjoying the cool ambiance. So yeah, other than that, no complaint. Welcome Maple and Oak. Keep up the good work with the quality of your food. Congratulations!


Maple and Oak
De Ritz Building
Jl. HOS. Cokroaminoto No.91, Menteng
Jakarta
Phone: 021-3906757
IG: @maple.oak

Comments

  1. Lagi ngehitssss banget, kmrn sempet nyobain tapi penuhbanget dan ngak nyaman buat nongkrong lama

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah kalo ini tempatnya agak kecil, kurang asoy buat nongkrong lama emang, tp makanannya endeussss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts