[EVENT] Brunch in the City SmithiesXOhlala Setiabudi One Jakarta

September 19th, 2015. I went to OH LA LA Cafe at Setiabudi One. It's their newest outlet, I think. Well, I was invited by a friend of mine. I guess, it's no big deal because I happened to stay at Setiabudi the night before. So, I agreed when he asked me to join the event. Actually, I just knew that it's a collaboration between Oh La La and Hello Smithies. And they invited Stephanie Sekar for food styling workshop. Cool!!


1443534675678 IMG_20150929_205551


Before I show you the food, let me introduce to you the event and the ambiance there. Actually it's a little bit dark, that's why I didn't take many pictures. But, it's a challenge for me to capture beautiful ambiance and food, of course.


IMG_7918 IMG_7919 IMG_7920 IMG_7915



Hello Smithies


With the same enthusiasm in putting all things in design perspective, Ailice, Stephanie, and Steffiane met in college. Smithies was then founded as a means to expose their love for arts, crafts, and design. Born from the principle that design is an inevitable part of our everyday lives and the intention to share, their very first workshop was held in early 2014. Missioning to be the curator of leading events and workshops in Indonesia in the field of art and design and industry and to collaborate with local creatives, designers, and brands to create art, craft, and design communities in Indonesia; Smithies envisions to bring workshop to a whole new level by introducing the fun way to learn new things while enjoying good food and get connected with a group of like-minded people.


IMG_7916 IMG_7917


Before we ate, they challenged us to take pictures of the new menu from OH LA LA. The prepared 3 tables with food and props. And, I could see some people look at each other with competition gaze. LOL. Just kidding!!


1st table: Carrot Cake


IMG_7945


2nd table: Granola and Yoghurt Parfait


IMG_7935


3rd table: Fish en Papillote


IMG_7931


Now, let's eat!!!



DRINKS


IMG_7913



APPETIZER


Granola and Yoghurt Parfait


It's my friends order. I didn't try it. I just took picture of it because it looked so pretty. :)


IMG_7937


Eggs Benedict


Love it. Tasted fantastic. The eggs were in a perfect texture. The sauce was delicious. The bun was fluffy and tender. Perfect. Remember to eat it when it's still warm. More appetizing. I was hypnotized by this eggs benedict, I forgot to ask my friends to try it. Omo omo.. so sorry. LOL. It's too delicious!!


IMG_7946



MAIN COURSE


Boeuf Bourguignon


The meat was so tender. Chewy and juicy. Me likey. Melt in my mouth, literally. It was also well-seasoned. Served with mashed potato, it was definitely my favourite menu that day. And I didn't forget to ask my friends to try this menu hahaha.


Beef bourguignon US /ˌbiːf ˌbʊərɡɨnˈjɔːn/ or bœuf bourguignon, also called beef Burgundy, and bœuf à la Bourguignonne, is a well-known, traditional French recipe


IMG_7949


Rotisserie Chicken


It's my friend's order. I tried the drumstick part. It's not as tender as my boeuf bourguignon. But, the sauce was perfect. The meat was a little bit dry but not too dry. Maybe because we took pictures of it too long before we ate it. Yeah, I guess that's the reason. Well, it's quite big portion. A full chicken. Ugh, drooling.


IMG_7951



DESSERT


OHLALA Signature Cake


IMG_7933 IMG_7934


Thanks OH LA LA and Hello Smithies for inviting me to this event. It was a nice event. Sorry I didn't have a chance to take picture of Stephanie doing her job. Too enchanted. ;) It's fun, indeed! Thanks again :)


OH LA LA Cafe
Setiabudi One 1st Floor
Jl HR Rasuna Said
Setiabudi, Jakarta
Phone: 021-5203140
IG: @ohlala_id

Comments

Popular Posts